Tree of Savior Forum

New Krivis Class Questions & Discussions

So I’m curious. With the new Krivis class getting a nice boost with it’s new rework. Will it go well with a Priest Plague Doctor combo? And if so, how would you format the class build?

Cleric 1 > Krivis 3 > Priest 3 > Plague Doctor 2
or
Cleric 1 > Krivis 2 > Priest 3 > Plague Doctor 3
or
Cleric 2 > Krivis 2 > Priest 2 > Plague Doctor 3

and so on? Would Krivis even improve a Plague Doctor build after the patch?

These builds are for rank 9, which isn’t in game yet, so it’s quite difficult to speculate how good a rank 9 build will be. We don’t have enough information about skills (dmg formulas, cooldowns, etc) to be able to do proper theorycraft yet.

I wouldn’t advise PD + Priest + Krivis because Priest revolves around SPR builds while Krivis and PD goes off better with high INT.

Something like Sadhu 3 (instead of Priest) would make that build much more attractive. The interesting thing about Transmit Pranah is that it’s based off your magical attack and not just your INT base stat. This means getting a high transcended weapon makes Transmit Pranah exponentially better than Blessing (for a SPR build) or new Aukuras (granted it’s based off INT as mentioned in the balancing post).

Even if you fully focus on SPR and get Chaplain -> PD 2, you still have way inferior dps than a full INT PD 2 with Sadhu. I used to have both builds and my Sadhu 3 PD 2 would deal about 40-50% more damage than my Chaplain PD 2 with same weapon (difference goes even further with higher lvl transcend).

The new Krivis may seem tempting, but you must always be careful about not taking Cleric C2 in your build. If your party has good gears and plays well then that shouldn’t be a problem. But if you’re in a dangerous situation (i.e. doing world boss) you might find your lv 5 Heal to be utterly useless at keeping your party alive.

Cleric tree has, by default, a harder time attaining high dps when compared to meta Archer/Sword/Wiz dps builds. Having a cleric that can’t heal enough is no better than a weaker meta non-cleric dps.

Trading Cleric 2 for Krivis is giving you only slightly more dps at a very high cost of your healing capabilities.

1 Like

Thank you. This has helped me a lot. I was only thinking of taking Priest to still be somewhat supportive as I do like the supportive role but I also love Plague Doctor and with Krivis getting fire buffs I feel the new builds for PD will include Krivis even more. I’ll have to do more research and wait for more info about R9 update I guess to determine if I will possibly switch to a full on DPS route as you have suggested above.

Cleric should always play the support role first. No matter what class u take, people will expect you to heal when they are low on health.

In party play people usually associate dps with archers and wizards. Occasionally some swordsman builds for burst. And people want clerics to support. It’s good you can do damage, but people find it annoying if all u do is focusing on dps’ing and not supporting. It slows down the team.

That logic is so flawed.

1. You can build a Cleric with only damage dealing Classes except for the first two Circles
  2. if your not-healing is holding back the team, everyone who isn’t healing holds back the team (i.e. every non-Cleric)
  3. Cleric should not play the support role first;
    In TOS, there are enough ways to live without Cleric support, you just need to invest a little (e.g. upgrading/transcending your armor, invest into CON, buying Aukuras scrolls, buying Restoration scrolls, buying Foresight scrolls, using Poata cards, using Squire Refreshment Table,etc.) and move your body out of the danger zone actively instead of facetanking everything;

This logic is like saying: Swordsman better bring Peltasta to hold aggro and Corsair for more loots, Wizard better bring Linker/Chrono/Thauma for damage boost, Archer better bring Archer3,Appraiser&Falconer3 for utility boost

Basically all Class trees have a lot of utility-boosting Classes, but a lot of them aren’t used because they drop your overall damage capabilities, so why should the Cleric be forced to drop his damage for the convenience of his teammates if they are unwilling to do the same?
It’s like saying: “hey you’re Cleric, you got the short end of the stick by definition, shut your trap and bring the support”, a stereotype discrimination post.

If you want utility, force it on everyone, not just the Clerics, because Heal and invulnerability can be compensated with your brain power and some consumable items/cards.

1 Like

although it’s true that we can’t really finalize a build without rank9 and the actual changes to krivis getting released somewhere first, here are some things I’ve theory crafted with what we do know:

• krivis3-sadhu3 should be able to have 100% uptime with transmit prana using melstis (correct me if I’m wrong). perhaps other buffs like PD’s upcoming damage reduction buff or zealot’s lightning aura buff can have extended duration or even 100% uptime as well through melstis and that would make it worth taking kriv3 over cleric c2
  • stigma will do DoT damage and transmit prana’s additional psychokinesis damage will work as well as blessing on this, unlike with heal for example wherein blessing has a hidden interaction with it (therefore it’s not as important to have bless if you won’t rely on heal bombs)
  • aukuras is plenty for keeping the party healthy in boss fights, with it having reduced cd then for me that’s even more reason to think going krivis3 over cleric2 is viable

what I’m not sure of is what place the reworked daino will have in the middle of all this

1. Heal bomb with blessing is one of the highest burst dmg for clerics even until late game. So no, you can build dps from the start.

2. If the dps has to worry about dying, even if they use HP potion, then the cleric is doing a bad job. Simple, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that “logic”.

3. If there are multiple clerics on the team, then yes you can manage your team comp however you like. I’m talking about when you are the “only” cleric on the team when doing the content that require party play (a.k.a ET). Then it doesn’t matter if you are a monk 3 inquis, Krivis 3 tao, Sadhu 3 pd. people will expect you to heal in dire situations. Most people will agree, you just don’t understand what I meant.

2 Likes

Priests are changing as well. Only werewolves and chaplains are gonna stay SPR build (SPR for worlf uptime and chaplain [sacrement] + [last rights]). It won’t even be about [blessing] anymore because we are getting unli [blessing] counts and unli buff slots. Unless you are doing content that requires over 1hr to complete, you can just pop back into town every so often to rebuff. If you are dieing a lot, that’s a different story.

Think about it, what priest skills still use SPR and are they even being used for it? [aspersion], [blessing], and [sacrament] are all provided by pardoners with over 1hr duration. [monstrance] is used for the DEX buff and not the evasion debuff. [mass heal] has equal weight for INT and SPR.

That said, you can go INT krivis priest and not really lose anything.

Offensively krivis is getting A LOT. A 6sec CD dot with a stat buff is a lot considering that there are no other damage skills at that rank other than from bokor. There’s also the unli body pull from [aukuras] on top of what it already does.

What I am interested in is if agny necklace will affect the dot on [divine stigma]. Or if the [aukuras] fire damage is like [enchant lightning] where it adds lightning damage to everything (including all lines of attack).

it should also be noted divine stigma will improve fire prop dmg (doesn’t do that now obviously), which can be achieved with PD2. And if you want my opinion on builds for krivis/pd it would go something like;
cleric2 > krivis3 > diev1 > PD2

cleric2 is usually obvious choice giving heal10, safety zone attribute and divine might.
krivis3 and pd2 being the classes of choice so the last part is the filler circle which i’d recommend diev, which will give you access to +20% cooldown statue which will help you with the lengthy cooldowns you’ll be getting.

interesting thought, but I’ve used krivis plenty aukuras does almost no healing at the end of the day, specially compared to any other healing skill

it’s like enchant lighting

That shows only 1 line of attack getting the additional fire damage. We don’t know if:

• additional lines of attack also gain this damage
  • skills also gain this damage

All we see it the primary line of auto attack gaining said fire damage.

elemental property damage has always been added to these. so for second line just depends if it’s magic dmg because
The new Aukuras: Goddess of Fire attribute (Circle 2) allows you to reduce the duration of Aukuras by 80% and the cooldown to 30 seconds, while adding Fire property damage to magic attacks on nearby enemies based on your INT/SPR

True, that’s IF it is coded as elemental damage. They only “say” it is elemental damage and it may very well be something else. What IMC says and does are often (too often) not the same thing. That’s why I hold off on proclaiming future stuff as “this” or “that” since ktos is getting them earlier anyway.

Now if you want to go by

You will notice how it specifically mentions adding the damage to magic attacks. Elemental damage does not discriminate vs physical and magical attacks. You could argue how the krivis is clearly using an auto attack which is physical, but that clip does not show buffs. The sample krivis could be under the new [daino] which turns auto attacks magical.

There is also the part with “nearby enemies” which suggests they have to be near something, maybe the [aukuras] itself which further suggests it has something to do with the [aukuras] debuff. In which case it is more similar to [malleus maleficarum]. This actually supports your assumption IF they are coded the same but we don’t know that.

Now unless of course you have a source, that would be a different story.

you and I are making wildly different assumptions then, and there’s no reason to argue/discuss when all that can be agreed on is “lol imc”

That being said it would be interesting to see how new death sentence would operate with zaibas + storm calling

im still waiting someone to do C2 Cleric > C1 Priest > C1 Krivis > C3 Bokor > Taoist > C1 Paladin R9

PERFECCTT ZOMMBIBBEEE ARMY

Restoration + Aurkuras should be good enough to prevent zombie degeneration

my krivis build: clerc2>krivisc3>miko>dievc1>taoc2 <3 cant wait for tao c2 ^3^

1 Like

So sad about the actual changes to [aukuras]. It will be getting a fixed duration of 30/60 sec for only 50% uptime on the NEW healing. The attribute reducing the cd by 30sec also completely removes the healing and reduces torch duration to 20s for 66% uptime.

For a scribe though it will be 30sec of 39 HPS for a total of 1170 HP per use to all targets inside the field. It costs 700s to make. So 700s for 1170 HP vs a lv15 pot costing ~300s for way over 4000 HP.

It’s a little less of a Krivis buff than what I had hoped, but I think I’ll be sticking to Krivis for my Taoist build (that I’ve been planning for way too long…)
I’m gonna roll with Cler1 - Kriv2 - Bokor3 - PD1 - Taoist2.

The Divine Stigma change is atleast a pretty good one, and I wouldn’t mind seeing D.S + Storm Call + Zaibas together.

That Daino change though… great in theory, bad in execution. I liked the idea of a Cleric with magic autos, but i feel it really should have been a 1-5 point toggle buff skill (maybe similar to what Marker got).

In my opinion it was a Krivis nerf.
Krivis lost his Aukuras utility (no more 100% uptime, healing turned to crap with a max healing of 15k HP at level 17 without the help of Mikos Clap) and what did he gain?
The changes for Divine Stigma are totally gruesome, you get 6 seconds CD reduction (36 secs to 30 secs), the damage scales with level but is as bad as Zaibas (i.e. for a maximum of 91% per tick at level 12) and also has just 50% uptime (i.e. you only have 15 seconds DoT).

Why IMC, why is your reasoning so flawed that you want to make every single Cleric Class reliant on Dievdirbys and/or Plague Doctor to be useful?
Why can’t one Class be useful on its own like e.g. Dievdirbys and Plague Doctor without requiring CD reduction or debuff spreading?

I know that you guys want to make Pardoner, Dievdirbys,Plague Doctor and Miko be more useful in builds, but introductiong effing long CD times and CD/uptime rations of 50% or less destroys the meaning of having freedom of build options.

The build is basically begging for another Class to improve the effects after already investing 3 of 8 Class Circles, same with Oracle and Kabbalist. That’s not how you make Classes,that’s how you break Classes.
It’s so sad to see the game dwindling more and more with wayne rebalancing choices that don’t have a single speck of logical foundation beneath it.

The truth is: If a Class doesn’t bring anything good to the table it’s dead, especially if you invest 3 of your 8 Ranks into it and all you get is useless utility and low or mediocre damage that is everything in your damn game.
Even the new challenge mode has a timer that requires you to actually deal damage, so why the hell are you creating Classes that deal low or no damage in all their Circles[looking at Dievdirbys, Kabbalist,Oracle,Krivis,Priest,Pardoner]?

Just hand over the damage so that every Class can participate in every single content!!!

To [aukuras] specifically, its a nerf. I can already get over 1k HP healed per sec with 83% uptime (100/120 sec) and 100% uptime if I bring a friend. It costs silver sure but the reward is sufficiently strong for its cost.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree.
I feel like they could have made the heal have percentage scaling… maybe like 0.2%/level hp per second or something, so it could heal 30% at Lv5, 60% at Lv10, etc…
I don’t feel like that’s too strong… but we got poopy Aukuras.

I’m mostly picking it for the attacks anyway.