Tree of Savior Forum

New Hard Lepi Guide Translation

In Fedimian server, 1 party has cleared the raid just now :tired:

This is Tree of Savior. This is not World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, or any other popular MMORPG with a raiding scene. People do not come to this game expecting to start hardcore raiding. Even if you enjoy it, it doesn’t change the facts that:

-The greater majority of the playerbase (99%+) will never clear this content, even with stronger equipment, because the mechanics cannot be ignored and will instantly kill you.
-The raid is difficult, but for the wrong reasons.
-The rewards ask for far too many resources and too much time.
-When the few people who spend the hundreds of hours to receive the rewards do finally get them, they will be pushed ahead of everyone else in power.

IMC continues to move the goal posts on what is “okay” or “acceptable” in terms of grind or investment for reward. It asks more and more time of players in order to remain geared or “competitive” in the various end game contents, as more and more content they add is all about having more DPS than everyone else in exchange for better rewards (field bosses, bernice, weekly boss raid, boruta, etc). As long as players continue to accept it, it will only get worse, and more and more of the playerbase gets pushed behind until only a very small group of players who spent more time on the game than everyone else are rewarded more than everyone else. This hurts the game’s PVP too, as people who are willing to accept this monumental task of time and grinding receive a large advantage in PVP over players who aren’t interested, don’t have the time, can’t complete the raid, or any other reason. This has always been the game to an extent, but when they add items like these accessory sets and the new arks, it’s far too inaccessible for the majority of the playerbase for too much power for such small group of individuals.

With the addition of this raid, the amount of time they are asking of players is too much in my opinion. It’s not healthy for the game and it’s bad design. If you enjoy it and are looking forward to spending those hundreds of hours, doing the raid 29 more times and getting all the materials needed, then enjoy it, but know that you are in the extreme minority. Developers do not, and should not, make games or content to cater to such a small amount of people, especially in a game that never advertised itself or intended to be a hardcore raiding experience.

They seem intent on continuing to raise the bar on how much time they ask of players between weekly content, difficult raids, and daily grinding, and they won’t stop as long as players continue to invest the time. Meanwhile, in my opinion, they’ve just created a scenario where players don’t want to stop because they don’t want to just throw away all the past time they’ve invested already, so they keep going.

Lolopanther was not challenging. It was extremely overtuned content introduced in a game where no one was geared for it and would not be for a very long time. Transcended gear back then would increase stats of gear by hundreds of percent rather than what it is now, but Blessed Shards were hard to come by and expensive. Most of the floors were not even designed correctly, as many of them were survival floors where players simply went and hid in a corner or had someone kite the monsters around for multiple minutes. Other times you would be 20+ minutes into a run and one of the game’s various bugs (as it was very unstable back then) would disconnect someone or crash them, and you would have to restart because they would have to climb all the way back up the tower. The most complicated mechanic (arguably, the only mechanic) was killing a monster to receive a buff before you can damage the objective.

The popular strategies for victory were all about abusing the game’s mechanics; nothing about skill or overcoming challenge. Floor 20 was beaten by using the Krivis skill Melstis, which stopped all buff timers back then, combined with the Dievdirbys skill Statue of Ausrine, which made everyone invulnerable. After that, just freeze a bunch of short duration, high attack/damage buffs (Glass Mole/Chapparition cards that add 80%+ to your attack stat, for example) and it was pretty much impossible to lose. It also had a similar reward problem in that it took months to even obtain a single piece of equipment.

Regardless, it was still more accessible than this, and players could complete lower floors in order to obtain some rewards, and were not asked to coordinate completing so many mechanics, non-stop all with failure states that end your run if you mess even a single one up. It was an endurance because of how long it was, but it wasn’t an endurance full of mechanics that ended your run the instant you (or anyone) made a single mistake.

5 Likes

The real rewards are the friends we make along the way

9 Likes

10 Likes

image 3 clears in under 2:30 hours of raiding. And klaipeda now has 25 clears. As i said, learning curve. People learn the raid. Only problem with this raid is reward system.

this raid is a ■■■■■■■ joke, not even hard.

Edit n2; this is tree of savior, and it’s finally becoming an interesting game. If you don’t like tos being hard, that’s your thing.

1 Like

If that’s your take away from what I said the problem with the raid is, then you haven’t been reading at all.

Also:

This makes sense.

1 Like

Hard… not hard. Who cares? It’s a terrible raid that no one will have fun doing because they turned a boss fight into a ballet recital. The point is they just dumped a bunch of pointless mechanics to make it difficult to clear because they can’t come up with something better.

1 Like

Mechanics we have dealt with for 4 months in a previous version of the raid, with orbs that allow to cheat through them. And a few extra things to make the raid challenging.

The raid seems tedious and tiring. I can’t even go through reading the entire translated docs. I’ve done legend moring, and it was easy if you knew what to do, but I stopped doing it since powder is like 2m in the market. I’d rather spend my time in CM where I’m guaranteed silver, than spend 30mins of a raid stressing about things I’ll probably lose patience to complete.

1 Like

FTFW

at this point it is obvious you are just flex trolling

I can do it, so it’s a joke and not hard

2 Likes

difficult to clear