Tree of Savior Forum

New Dash and archer is left out of the fun

When the dash feature was implemented for all which is a good change, the archer is left out. Is it some kind of balance so they can’t kite people in pvp?
And so we have to run slower in dungeon because of it.

The Archer Class Tree cannot dash while in combat.

6 Likes

Always read the patch notes.

The only issue I have with the archer dash is that when you cast a spell, you’re “in combat” and can’t dash until you get out.

Sometimes I want to cast swiftstep after zoning into a new map, but then gotta wait to start dashing. It’s a minor inconvenience, I prefer the in combat status to get flagged if you get hit by a mob or you hit a mob.

1 Like

This decision was bad, it makes no sense. Hope they fix it and let an archer be like anyone and run even in combat.

Fixed that for you.

You want to be able to attack while moving, have the highest attack range, the strongest weapons and the ability to dash while in combat all on one character?

That would be way too overpowered.

Be grateful that you can dash now, before Re:build only transformed Druids and Swordsmen were able to dash.

its really the highest attack range? the whole Archer tree gets outclassed in pve terms by both survivality, DPS and fun factor. All that’s left for Archer is being a good support and semi-decent DPS only if u have insane gear (which works for almost any class)

the only way to mitigate this is change your “sit” hotkey closer to your active finger area then double tap it, and/or using leap to get instantly “out of combat”, its kinda bad but it has its own perks you basically have fastest dash speed with normal stamina consumption.
so far i get used to this already.

also you’re able to dash in combat like this if certain criteria are met (including if you get hit if enemy)