Tree of Savior Forum

New Class Info Cannoneer and Kabbalist

Nope. The current design is cute, no need for any other pretty. Though obviously, that stance can be used for a skill.

Classes named Kabbalist aren’t rare but in English they’re usually spelled Cabalist. That term, however, can refer both to a Cabal or a Kabbalah which can also be written as Cabala or Qabala, especially if the intention is to distinguish it from the Jewish tradition (Hermetic Qabala, Christian Cabala)

The description of the skill doesn’t seem to be related to the name of the class, though. If it really requires you to calculate I wonder whether we’ll also have to remember or identify monster stats, e.g., what does the rolled number represent, id, exp, health, etc., or just play with the number that has been rolled, e.g., when a 13 appeared you can use your Prime skill. I don’t think there will be a lot more complicated interaction as the control mechanics and the speed of the gameplay won’t allow it.

Of course, the class might also be like Ecaflip in Wakfu causing varying damage based on the dice roll.

My Cannoneer will probably be called Yamato…or Hiryu…maybe Hagane. Damn, so many options.

As long as we can pierce the heavens with it…

(Why am I getting a sudden craving for Lance-Cannons…)

Wow an RF reference… a bad game that people just keep going back to (or at least my group does)

if cannoneer is archer rank 7, can i expect gundam be archer rank 8 class? yes plz :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

But in fairness to the graphic style; it’s quite ahead from other generic mmorpgs. The game is old already, and has some crappy system if we will compare to new games around.

I agree with you, but perhaps we should wait for the Cannoneer video, maybe it’s not as bad as we thought. :blush:

“I used to be a Cleric like you, but then I took a cannon to the keel”

Don’t ask why it’s the keel.

1 Like

So there is hidden class named Panzer which related to germany tanks… Panzer, an abbreviation for the German word Panzerkampfwagen which refers to germany tanks… So does this mean we are gonna get Steampunk mech class too??

1 Like

Does the last part of the interview mean btw that they are planning a city that is downwards from the start and that is not connected to the main quest? Because I see something like this in google translate and it would be nice but I’m not sure. Could somebody confirm that?

Schwerer Gustav

2 Likes

I Dunno what a Keel is. Ima Brazilian rs Isnt it Cannom to the knee? rs

You’d have to dedicate your entire line of characters to either “Schwerer” or “Gustav” XD

I’m israeli, born to a jewish family (though i’m atheist and do not belive in judaism myself)
It seems like kabbalist is going to fight with Gematria, which is a jewish numerical system that uses letters, which also means you can give words a numerical value by the letters that form them

2 Likes

Umm if we are stepping into german creations I think I would go with PTX-004 - “Schutzwald.”

Maybe PTX-007-03C - “Weissritter” since it’s also designed for long range combat.

I think I should stop giving ideas before I run out of names -_-

1 Like

I doubt it FF tactics arithmetician/calculator worked of creating a grid in cells. So unless they have a invisible underlying grid in game its gotta be something different. Also that class was so broken FF tactics wouldnt let you use it online in the psp version lol.

Giant robots from what show must watch. lol

the classes are based in real stuff, different kinds of people/cultures
things like robots isnt going to happen and doesnt fit in this game =p

Rename to Magi-tech armor ::thumbsup:

jk xD

That is wrong, robotic pets, installations or weapons are very possible and fit into the game.
However, IMC has no reason to rely on inspirations from Japanese artists so it won’t be anything like what has been posted here.

Soo… you wanna fight using a roomba? :sunglasses: I know I do. Me: “ROOMBA GO CLEAN THIS ENEMY UP!” Roomba: “brrrr”