Tree of Savior Forum

New category of subweapon: magic tool

Since we’ve already talked lots about different types of subweaponry for Clerics/Wizards in other threats, I’m here to suggest a new subweapon-category to fill them all in: Magic tool.

I’ve long thought about how to bring them all together so that we can have different types of subweaponry fit for magic Classes, and I believe that “Magic Tool” would be the most fitting name for the new category.

While design and subtype of the weapon (e.g. orb/crystal ball, book, crucifix, rosary,etc.) would differ a lot, their base concept is still the same, that’s why I’d like to propose to make a special group of subweaponry to put them all together instead of making several different types of categories after all.

For the basic properties, they all should abide these rules:

• They deal [Strike]-property damage when used to physically attack an enemy

• They don’t have to be equally spread along the levels (i.e. one cap e.g. features a book, another one features a crystal ball and so on)

• At least some of the rare/unique ones should give a boost to the skillsets of the neclected Classes (many prominent Classes got a skillboost [i.e. +1 or +2 to all skillevels of a certain Class]via subweapons or weapons, e.g. Fencer,Schwarzer Reiter, Quarrel Shooter,Cryomancer,etc.)

• they don’t have a physical attack value but add magic attack and useful substats for caster Classes; attacking with them would still use you secondary physical attack value,though

Last but not least, here are some ideas I’ve thought of in my free time:

name: Abacus (or something like wooden Abacus if you plan to make different recolored versions of it later)
rarity: rare or unique
stats: adds INT and DEX (as calculating uses dexterous finger movement and calculating skills)
secondary effect: increases all Kabbalist skillevels by +1 (or +2)
levelrequirement: 220 or higher

This one would be seriously good to see ingame. The Abacus is one of the worlds best/most useful tools when it comes to counting, as you can add,substract,multiply and divide with the right amount of skill and knowledge.

And as the Kabbalist is a calculation- & number-based Class, it would be fitting to add a subweapon that allows him to calculate more efficiently, thus improving the effect of his skills as it reduces the amount of mistakes.

name: Simple Crucifix (or something else if you plan to make different recolored versions of it later)
rarity: magic or rare
stats: adds SPR
secondary effect: boosts the damage or skillevel of Magnus Exorcismus, Turn Undead and Exorcise
levelrequirement: 120 or higher

Those who know films like “The Exorcist” know that crosses are a famous “weapon” against undeads and demons, featuring exorcising powers. Using this as a base, the spiritual and exorcism-effectiveness boost would be most fitting, making it a perfect subweapon for Priest,Chaplain and Paladin.

name: Magic Lantern
rarity: magic or rare
stats: adds CON (maybe some HP or SPR)
secondary effect: increases the HP-recovery effect of Aukuras by the HP recovery value of the caster
levelrequirement: 120 or higher

While thinking of Krivis, his jobchange quest and the skill Aukuras, I thought of this item to keep the pure and holy flame secured, similar to how the Light of Bethlehem travels in such laterns every year across the world.
While the HP increase effect of Aukuras is pretty much useless currently, it could be a nice boost if your own HP recovery rate would be added on top as long as you carry the holy fire (as it’s the flames of life, they should boost your CON/Health) with you.

name: Eye of the Future (a crystal ball for fortune telling)
rarity: rare or unique
stats: adds INT
secondary effect: while under the effect of Prophecy, has a chance to autocast level 1 Foretell (or the highest level the user learned) when recieving damage
levelrequirement: 270 or higher

This one is based on simple “Fortune telling”, to give the wearer a chance to avoid damage via Foretell while being under the effect of Prophecy; This is basically an enhancement tool for Oracles and/or parties with an Oracle, making Prophecy a pretty useful skill in the process.

name: Forged Parchment
rarity: unique
stats: adds DEX, reduces your SPR
secondary effect: When using Indulgentia or Decatose, you spend 50% less silver
levelrequirement: 170 or higher

This one is actually inspired a little by Ragnarok Onlines passive Blacksmith skill that decreases the amount of money spent via Mammonite.

Why shouldn’t a Pardoner forge a parchment for himself so that he has to pay less silver every time he uses a skill?
It’s based on the historical issue of people buying indulgence parchments for sins they didn’t commit yet to be free from sin even if they commit them later on;

Because forgery requires craftiness and skills, the item raises Dexterity, but it reduces Spirit as you ultimately betray the Goddesses and yourself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.