Tree of Savior Forum

New "Buffed/Nerfed" Guardian discussion topic

So at max rank (Lv15) the “new” guardian on kToS will now give

+35% DEF, and -63% ATK.

That’s right, still no +% to MDEF which is what actually hurts proper tanks.
Can’t really figure out what it would be good for. Would it really be good for tanks that already takes -50% ATK penalty with high guard? They would deal no damage and would have trouble pulling/maintaining aggro with that considering they do almost no damage to begin with.

Seems like it wouldn’t be good for anyone. EXCEPT good for people who just swashbuckle and hold C.

Now you gonna ignore those Kepas in PvP :dancers:.

1. Nobody is forcing you to put 15 points in it
  2. Don’t use it unless you currently need the extra defense and evasion more than the attack
  3. You can turn it off whenever you want by using gung ho or right clicking the buff
  4. If they’re consistent and change gung ho to % too then every swordsman gets gung ho 5 for +20% damage. They’ll be able to use guardian 1 for -14% for evasion when they need the dodge and gung ho 5 for +20% when they don’t. If they use gung ho and evasion each half the time there’s a net gain of damage, not a loss

I wonder if it really is -63%total attack or something else, like
-63% weapon atk or
-63% atk from stats.

According to this topic High Guard does not really cut the total damage in half, like the tooltip description implies, but only reduces the base damage (the “physical damage” in your character stats). And that means skill damage will probably stay the same (equipment atk/weapon atk too?).

And my guess would be that it’ll be the same for Guardian: -18%~-63% status attack, but skill attack (and equip/weapon atk?) won’t be affected.

And even if you use High Guard and Guardian at the same time for >100% attack reduction, skill attack (and equip/weapon atk?) should stay the same.

I also wonder : Does High Guard reduce the “critical attack” stat, or just the base “physical attack” stat? If it doesn’t affect “critical attack” then high crit/high crit attack builds might be interesting

good thing there’s skill reset pot from the event, ill reset my swordsman 3 skills :slight_smile:

I don’t understand why pelt has 2, not 1 but 2, buffs with penalties when there are plenty other classes in other branches that have buffs with no penalties.

Guardian was a 1 point wonder for the evasion and now in that aspect, the scaling numbers are a nerf. Sure you can level it for scaling def now, but using that alongside high guard would effectively kill nearly any type of damage you output. This further encourages the “swash then hold c” type of pelt smh.

A slight nerf to me. It’s already way too easy to tank the majority of physical mobs/monsters in this game and I’ll only consider it if it’s magic defense boost. Well, I’m not too concerned about capping evasion so that’s that.

I was one of the people saying not to rush to judgement until we knew how exactly it worked, but with those numbers it’s definitely garbage.

how many attack reduce guardian at lvl 1?

When mobs have 2000 or 4000 base physical attack. Which is pretty much what you’ll find in Earth Tower or on some bosses.
This is one of the few ways to get your defense closer to nullifying that.
At the cost of Physical attack stat, which generally isn’t very high with a 1h build to begin with unless you rigorously pump Strength and it does not make up most of your damage unless you all you do is auto attack, since skill damage is a part of your damage output.

So while it says -63% attack, -63% attack does not = to -63% Dps.

For the generic part of the game Guardian is unnecessary since mobs don’t hit that hard, but Guardian + Aspersio will be potent for culling high amounts of end-game Mobs, mobs where you are taking extra damage from level difference, and bosses.

It’s useless, you already barely take any damage from physical damage by just buying aspersio (which is a party wide buff, with higher values and no drawnback available at the same rank) and the damage loss will only make you lose aggro faster even if it only applies to patk.

Damage reduction works against you when it comes to “tanking” in this game, it needs to be removed from both guardian and high guard.
And it’s not like those buffs deserved such penalties to begin with, i get 300%+ more block from priest party wide stone skin than the non scaling block increase featuring -50% patk reduction and crit rate reduction of pelt2-3 high guard.

1 Like

It shouldn’t have a penatly period.

Agree… Just compare to priest’s aspersion… They are both acquired at same ranks but aspersion is far superior now (well, always been). You can stack both, sure, but Peltasta’s buff should be better since they’re a tank class while priests are just support.

And the % atk reduction is going to screw up with people who only took it lvl 1 for evasion atrib. So that’s a nerf to them.

1 Like

■■■■, hunters can give the whole party a 20% eva bonus with no penalty. Sure only fencers may like that buff but it just shows how IMC screws over swordsman so hard compared to the other trees.

1 Like

just 2 months nerf for no reason guys…now its back stronger than ever! rejoice!:joy:

1 Like

They nerf this again

before
-2% per level

now
-3,5% per level

well i gues i stay on 1/5 after reset skills

Lol wtf nerfed again. Kinda weird how they’re going back and forth.

Nah it’s not nerfed again. It’s just how they translated it that’s all.Right now it’s 14% + 3.5% per level. Then they’re going to change it to 2% + 0.9% per level aftet this patch.

Guardian

• Attack decrease up 3.5% from base 14% -> up 0.9% from base 2%

If that’s the case then is Lv1 or Lv5 better?

Peltasta was heavily buffed this patch,even High Guard and Shield Lob are decent now.