Tree of Savior Forum

New anti bot idea

I have an idea to take care of bots.
Players will surelly not grind in the same map for more than 20 hours (unless they are really addicted to the game), so if the player is grinding for around 3~5 hours on the same map, the player could be teleported to map where would need to do a non linear mini quest to be able to return to the field, if the player succeeds on the quest, the player gains exp reward, plus a sum of silver, and a buff that boosts exp by 20%, if fails… Well, the player will need more time to be able to do the quest.

1 Like

The best BOT system in mmorpg is as idea below :slight_smile:

Right click on suspected BOT, choose option, Suspect BOT. Then that character will prompt out a simple math question that need to be answer in 60 sec.

If no answer or skip answer, that character status will become PK mode where it can be kill by other player.

The idea were good until this part.
If the player actually were a bot, there could be a 3 days ban, if the player tries again to bot, perma ban.

Also, players may actually not correctly answer the question at first, so should have at least 3 tries.

Important is not the answer… is the response from the player no matter they key in wrong answer as long got type something and click button…

I was writing a reply on some old thread and then stopped to find a newer thread just to see you giving a suggestions almost the same as mine so here it goes:

My suggestion would be to keep it simple.

Thinking about how i found wakfu’s system interesting I would suggest we implement some random monsters that teleport you away when killed. They teleport you to a place where random monsters appeared and you needed to kill the right one to leave.

If you killed the right one you are back where you were with a buff. The other monsters are unkillable, targetable but unkillable. If the person leaves without completing the challenge it’s a shadowbaning debuff for some time, with increased time for consecutive repeated offenses. Give a timer for the player to kill such monster and thats it.

That monster could come every 15 min or so. and the shadowbaning debuff shouldn’t avoid new encounters just in case you really mess up you can return with a buff later if you do it right. we can even come up with multiple random mini games to get this buff, it would feel seemless with the game.

We highly appreciate your inputs and insights regarding bot activities in Tree of Savior. We will forward this suggestion to our proper department for further review. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like