Tree of Savior Forum

Need your thought on this build - PyroLock

Hi there. I’m planning to make a wiz class. I need some thoughts and input from you guys.

Does taking firewall instead of fireball worth it? I don’t understand the effect it gives when people link their fireball to the boss (does it add more damage to other party members AoE or something?).

And given that fireball keep getting tossed around in a dungeon, i thought maybe firewall is better to use at mobs / boss.

I know that pyro isn’t a popular class, most said that it will fall on late game. I’m still planning to make this build though, just for fun. I’m just curious if this build has a good synergy or maybe you guys have a better alternative

I don’t think it’s worth it. I think most pyro3 do it this way

2 Likes

Flame ground 15 is too much.
Flame ground can’t hit fly monster so better invest more in fireball.
Hell breath 1 is fine for debuff

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, i didn’t take into account that flame ground can’t hit flying monster. I’ll adjust the skill tree then :smiley:

Got a pyro 3 myself.

Flame ground isn’t doing much damage on higher levels, its good to keep it low.

Flame wall does good dmg, as its fixed on higher levels. Would totally get it high level.

Fire ball is your main burst skill, max at all cost.

Fire pillar is basically flame ground but with hitting air / ground and cc’s the target on top of it, one of your best skills.

Hell breath 1 is fine, just to get debuff running.

The other reason to sideline flame ground is for its rather slow tick speed. Its very, very good at low levels (lv10 for full uptime) if you can afford to reset skill points and demote it once it’s flat damage really begins falling off.

Hey! Thought I’ll share with you my experience as I’m a Pyro3-Linker2-Warlock now :slight_smile:

You need fireballs, esp if you’re planning to go Pyro3. Lvl 15 fireballs and Lvl 15 firewalls are important when you’re questing alone. In the beginning ( say lvl 15-lvl 120), fireballs are super strong. They do get kick around, but just kick them back to the mobs/bosses - you will get used to it. And you can always Joint Penalty your fireballs together with the mobs and Hangman Knot them together. (However your fireballs do bounce away from the mobs after you HK, just kick them back in again LOL).

Early game, I would say max fireballs, flame ground for questing and some points in fire pillar for killing boss and perhaps enchant fire. And then when you’re at Pyro3 and if you can afford it, get skill reset potion from TP shop, skill reset and max up fireballs and firewalls. Reason being Firewall is only good at lvl 15, anything less than lvl15 is pretty meh.

At lvl227, I find that pyro damage is still pretty decent but you’re not exactly top tier damage class. You are still able to solo, using the right equipment, enchanted headgears and anvil your armour and weapon to at least +5 (I do for mine at least, with a +10 weapon).

Usually with this build, people take 2 circles of linking to synergise better with Featherfoot. And that’s what i initial wanted to take which is why I had 2 circles of Linker. However, I opted for Warlock in the end as I didn’t have Surespell and for the higher burst damage. So If I knew I wanted Warlock since the beginning, I probably wouldn’t spent one whole circle on another Linker. Linker C1 is pretty good in most cases, and you can always hunt for Dandel Gem to equip to increase your LinkerC1 to link 6 mobs instead of 5. But these are just my thoughts. I still love my character. It does sound tedious having to kick fireballs around but you kinda get used to it and it’s not that bad HAHA.

2 Likes

My pyrokino still do well in solo I’m lvl 252 now by the way.
My suggestion is
Max fireball and firewall
Ditch enchant fire unless you wan it as a support buff for your party
Leave flame ground at lvl 4
Max fire pillar and leave hell breath at lvl 1

Thank you for all the replies.

I’m not sure leaving linker only at c1 though, mainly because i don’t know what other circle i can take to compliment the build (wiz c2 for surespell?).

The reason i’m taking c2 linker is because the preview of the sage class though (even if we don’t really know the real mechanic and stuff yet). It gives wider aoe, and duplicate skills (4 fireball - link it to boss seems pretty cool…Dunno if it can duplicate fire pillar or pole of agony though). And because it can link up to 8 (or 9?) monsters and do the share buff thing so i can be useful if i’m in a party even if my damage isn’t that high.

Everyone seems to have the same opinion about flame ground, that it’s a bad skill high lvl grinding, so i’ll just put 1 points into that skill.

Flame Ground is still a good Damage over time skill, but in general play its a slower tick Frost Ground (but it does have more total ticks at level 15 then Frost Ground does).

Flame Ground doesn’t hit fliers but Fire Wall also gets put out if it touches ice enemies (like the mole in Saliaui) which will make it lose damage potential as well.
There are pros and cons to both moves, decide whats more important or practical for you and how you’re playing.

If I remember correctly the Fireball getting knocked away when using HK comes from it’s damage attribute (HK), try messing with JP and HK attributes turning them off and seeing the results.

1 Like