Tree of Savior Forum

Need some Advice for a Beginner!

I know, but you are saying it like you’re taking Diev for Owls only. Which is what I was pointing out, mind you.

Example is calling Diev 1 bad for not having Owls and forgoing the usefulness of both Laima/Zemyna(which rank 1 offers already).

I already said for the third time that both Diev 2 and Priest 3 have their merits, why one would prefer to go full spr if going Priest 3, and that you should consider what the whole class/ranks offer instead of select skills only.

Thank you for the reminder, I wrote in rush and forgot to mention it was just one example (just added) and I didn’t describe like I did later.

Personally I like what Diev3 gives, but if you don’t like ausrine or carve owl then it’s obviously not needed.
Seems like ausrine is useless against world bosses at least.

I read it doesn’t work against the Belcoper but I don’t recall it also applied to WB. Did you try and it didn’t work?

Oh, I haven’t went against a world boss. I just heard it. I think it might have been about the new monarch bosses though, so I mixed them up then.

Sadhu is great because Possession is good damages + CC, ABE is great damages, and Transmit Prana boosts ALL your damages. Transmit Prana is like having your second personal Blessing buff.

You don’t really need Clap if you’re not a Diev. It only works on a few skills, and not necessarily popular/common skills, so you will most likely never use it if you’re not a Dievdirbys.

As for supports, your build will mostly depend on these classes :

• Krivis 3 : It mostly boosts the party’s damages and Melstis increases the party’s buffs, Krivis 3 is a must have if you want to support as one.
  • Priest 1-2 : for Resurrection, Revive, Monstrance, and Mass Heal. Blessing, Sacrament and Aspersion will be bought from shops by basically everybody that’s why it’s not necessary to level them.
  • Dievdirbys 1-3 : Diev 1 is for the amazing Laima and one of the best filler circle/skill. Diev 2 is acceptable, but it isn’t great, it’s a second zone filler because it’s in-between. If you’re going Diev 2 you might as well go Diev 3 for the strongest Owls, the best Carve World Tree and Ausrine. It protects the party almost perfectly.
  • Paladin 3 : Boosts the party’s defenses, can soak up the damages of the party.
  • Taoist 1 : Boosts physical melee attacks, can protect/hide the party.
  • Plague Doctor : Amazing single person heal, uptime of debuffs protection, knock back protection for a little bit, an overall balanced class which brings useful support and good aoe attacks.
  • Miko : More like a filler support. It’s great if you are Dievdirbys 3, Miko’s Kagura + Taoist’s Storm Calling also work great together if your party has several physical melee characters.

Cleric 2 is a must have for a cleric build focusing on support/healing.
Pardoner doesn’t increase the debuffs long enough for it to be worth it, debuffs have short cooldowns, and Pardoner’s other skills aren’t good enough to be worth going Pardoner.
Oracle isn’t bad, but it mostly shines in PvP. It isn’t that useful in PvE compared to what the other cleric supports can offer.

Basically for main support what you mostly need is Cleric 2 for Heal 10, Safety Zone’s attribute, and Divine Might. Priest 1-2 is also very liked but not completely mandatory.
Then to choose the rest, it depends on what kind of support you want to be.

You could go instead Cleric 2 - Priest 2 - Diev 3 - Miko - Taoist 1. All around support. The downside is that in TOS even a support is required to deal decent damages, which is why people usually throw some Chaplain or Plague Doctor in the build.

@Kannushi & @Nalu1
When was this “Ausrine not working with world bosses” thing added ? o_o
Maybe I should go flirt with Rexipher on my Diev 3 to see how it is…

Small addendum: the PD heal is a very fast HP recover per second buff that only applies to one person.

My personal feeling about paladin tank support is that is quite not necessary for the parties.

About Ausrine, Nalu seems to be referring the new monarch bosses that will be released soon (I hope)

The new world bosses are coming on Tuesday. They were adjusted to have access to a spell called “Medzio Diena” that dispels invulnerability effects like Ausrine.

I believe this spell may have been added later though, so while the new world bosses are arriving on Tuesday, they may not have this spell.

1 Like

The monarchs will have this spell or are you saying every WB will have?

“Monarch” is “Demon Lord” in itos. The only world bosses that exist are demon lords and they will all have it.

1 Like

I should have specified it, so I modified it a bit, thank you =w=

I agree for Paladin for most contents, but it can still have its occasional but fun and useful uses on harsher content or even PvP.

@crevox
I see, thank you for the info !
Even if I understand, it’s still a bit sad. It always is, when an entire skill is negated.

Thx you for all your reply o/ Doesn’t have time to come this week end : / !

I think i’m going for Cleric 2 - Priest 2 - Diev 3 - Miko - Taoist 1

As it’s my first character, maybe i create or change later ! Depend of my friends, but i rly wanted to try Miko/Diev/Taio for see myself ^.^ !

Just if someone have some time, can you advice me for the skill taker ? I like took my spell at max lvl, but, as always, i’m a noob, so maybe it’s not the best for this !

And for the stat SPR always the better or i invest in some Int or Con ?

Thx you guys !

While I’m not an expert, I would go something like this (and it’s also similar to what I picked on my build): https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#411777i22h.1a243a5561.132f31415a6a75.1123314555.14213a456595.61551485

• Cure, Hamaya and Carve Attack can be useful for destroying objectives. Cure is also useful for removing debuffs of course. Fade shouldn’t be as important to max when you have Dark Sight.
  • You could move more points to Laima for easier uptime, but generally you don’t want to put too many points in it since it slows down approaching mobs alot. Zemyna is must-max in my opinion.
  • Putting more points in Monstrance doesn’t do much (it’s a 1-point wonder). I would put some points in Blessing and Aspersion instead in case someone needs a rebuff.

I would recommend putting most of your points in SPR, and a little bit in CON. SPR works best with your kit, add some CON if you want to feel safer. It’s less important now though, can always get rng gear with SPR+CON.

Mine
Slightly different from Nalu1’s. I tend to favour damages spells a little bit more if the points aren’t truly needed somewhere else, because dealing some damages is always needed in TOS.
But the main skills are about the same. It’s mostly a matter of taste ! :smile:

The differences -
Cleric :
Safety Zone 5. SZ will always last only 20s, with the +20 block attribute at circle 2 you get a total of 30 blocks for 20s - it’s enough. I feel it’s even more enough since you’ll use it just to carve your statues as a Diev and give invincibility to the party.
I put the points in Cure 9 because it’s a good, extra, quick damage spell that can hit both ground and flying enemies. It’s Holy too.

Dievdirbys :
Vakarine 1, always~ Cheap warping ! With Divine Might and Sweeping, 3 people can warp for free. And actually, if everybody spaces the statue without warping right away, everybody who spaced can warp for free, even if the statue has disappeared \o/
Laima 5 so you can more easily keep it up forever with clap. But you don’t want to go too high or the mobs will be slowed down too much.
Zemyna 14 is the leftover points… Sometimes I actually drop a few points from Zemyna to take Carve Attack because I like abusing Crystal Trees for free woods, but Carve Attack is pretty meh (really close ranged and as a full magical cleric it won’t deal a lot of damages and it will even regularly misses).

Taoist :
Tri-disaster charm could be useful sometimes (I guess (a)), but it’s mostly just an extra charm to explode.
Dark Sight 2 - actually even Dark Sight 1 would be enough because it lasts so long to start with.
I kept the extra point in case you want to go Taoist 2+ but if not, you can just put all your leftover points in Dark Sight~

1 Like

> Taoist :
Tri-disaster charm could be useful sometimes (I guess (a)), but it’s mostly just an extra charm to explode.
Dark Sight 2 - actually even Dark Sight 1 would be enough because it lasts so long to start with.
I kept the extra point in case you want to go Taoist 2+ but if not, you can just put all your leftover points in Dark Sight~

So, for the Dark Sight, I can’t put some on my party like this my tank can took aggro easy ?

So, 1 in Tri-disastrer and Maybe 3 Dark sight ?

Sorry, I never saw this reply :confused:
What do you mean, about Dark Sight ? You want to use it to delete your DPS’ aggro for a short moment ? Normally there shouldn’t be a need of that. You mostly use it when you really need to not have any mobs hit anybody.
Oh, in case you think people can hide and deal damages so they get no aggro: it won’t work. The moment you attack, you are out of Dark Sight, you’re not invisible anymore.

If you don’t plan to go Taoist 2, sure.