Tree of Savior Forum

Need oppinion on tanky cleric

Would this build works?
50 Con
Rest SPR

I plan to make buff,tanky,disabler class.

1 Like

Im not sure how much hp 50 con is but if 10k only its not tanky or you can just get hp from gears and armors. If you want pvp most cleric are going full con, if pve 15k hp is enough + good gears. Also INQUi, scales with dex/str sp you need to invest in its attributes.
Informative guide

2 Likes

Oh, this is actually my main’s build, except that I’m Kabba 2 (Revenged Sevenfold 10 MVP).
Why did you choose Inquisitor ? Because you want some DPS ? Because you just enjoy it ?

Stone Skin will be changed soon, increasing block by 10% at level 1 and 20% at level 5. So I’m not sure if it’ll still be worth taking. Aspersion will probably be better with this change. Before with high SPR and Counterspell you could basically give immunity for both physical and magical damages, but with this new SS…

If you want to be a buffer/disabler, you could consider Miko and/or PD as well. They can buff, debuff, cure, and also bring extra DPS.

1 Like

I picked Inquisitor coz the name looks cool XD
is Kabba 2 fun? I dont mind changing the path.

Which should I take out if I wanna take Miko? I think im not taking PD

What stats do you take?

Kabba 2 is really… special. It isn’t great to be honest. The good parts are better Revenged Sevenfold and Ein Sof, and then you can have fun mounting your wheels with your friends. But it doesn’t actually offer much on its own.

Hum… I guess I’d take out Kabba for Miko. I love Kabba, but overall it’s mostly used for R7, it isn’t as useful as others.
Note that Miko’s pre-advancement quests are pretty awful to do though.

I have 100 invested CON and rest in SPR.

1 Like

oh kabba change with miko… hmm… oracle and miko suit for each other? XD

They’re different. Miko has a channeled melee buff (that can work with Inquisitor’s wheel), Miko’s Gohei can cure negative status as well as debuff mobs/bosses, they have an aoe “Divine Might” and they have a magical attack skill. They’re pretty well rounded.
Oracle is here to give magical invulnerability with Counterspell and a buff to prevent rank 1 negative status ailments. Oracle’s problem is that Counterspell is a static aoe circle and also has a long cooldown.
You could replace Oracle by Miko as well, after all Miko is a rank 6 class. But I thought the magical immunity and negative status ailments protection would be more useful than Kabba’s R7 and Ein Sof.
Miko and Oracle don’t particularly have synergy with each other.

1 Like

Stone Skin is changed to decrease certain kinds of attack damage (slash,pierce,gun,bow attack) by up to 20% at level 5, it neither scales with SPR anymore nor does it improve Block;

Aspersion with the new scaling is total Sh!t. Just do the maths:
with 400 SPR at level 15 Aspersion you get
2,09*(400^0,7)+48 = 186 defence. That’s ~ as much defence as level 315 normal[=white] plate gloves give you.

If you want to be tanky, it’s better to go Kabbalist&Cleric C3 with as much CON as you can grab to maximize the HP output and put some Dievdirbys (C2-C3) inbetween for Carve World Tree/Ausrine/Max Laima to negate most of the damage thrown at you & survive anything that manages to pierce through. This is more on the buffing/disabling side (Carve World tree makes mobs do nothing due to silence, Laima can reduce monsters movement speed to 0, effectively disabling them to move at all without the help of skills).

Alternatively you could also go Cleric3>Paladin3>Kabbalist2 for Barrier to get more mdef & keep away the pesky melee monsters.
This is more on the tanking side as you take less damage ± permanently while having high amounts of HP/high regeneration rates. Needs a little SPR to be more effective on the magic defence-side,though.

hmm Priest class not good for buff?

Priest is good for buffing, but putting a Priest for Blessing into your build disables you from being tanky (as you need more Ranks&points for skilling Blessing & stating SPR).

If your main focus isn’t tanking damage/mitigating it but instead buffing&debuffing, that build is fine (except maybe taking Kabbalist C1 only; you need at least Kabbalist C2+Dievdirbys or Kabbalist C3 for Kabbalist to do anything else than being a SP-battery).

Was just stating options to be tanky as your threads headline was asking for “tanky Cleric”.

tanky or not is depend on your gear

it’s that all

I see, it reduces certain damages, it’s not block anymore. I thought it lost the stat-scaling but that it was still block…
Thank you for the information~
Yeah, Aspersion isn’t that good either. It was more as a “filler”.
I hadn’t looked into Aspersion since I don’t use it (and don’t even have it).

You don’t need to go to that extent to be tanky though. Well, more like you went to the extreme tanky side.
But a Cleric with 100 invested CON and heals is tanky enough and don’t need to pay much attention to their own HP or be too careful about their survival. Especially with skills to mitigate the damages. Although if Stone Skin doesn’t increase block at all anymore, probably better to just go Diev. It’d be going Priest 3 just to max Blessing…

@ArtisanKing You don’t mean to be as tanky as possible, right ? It was “tanky” as in you don’t need to care much about what you get in the face ?

If you want a Cleric Tank I would try something like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4111777ie.1f2e31556575.11354e5a6a75.1121344455.15253164

You can change PD for Kabba too.

CON 50-100
Rest INT

But it´s hard to level without a party.

Wow, that build is just…bad. I really want to cry q.q

If you want to be useful, drop Cure, get at least level 3 Deprotected Zone, get a higher level of Safety Zone (or be prepared for it to break prematurely due to the high amounts of hits reduced from the threshold if everyone is stupid enough to stand inside the SZ 24/7) and a higher level of Divine Might.

Drop Carve Attack to level 5 and put some points into Laima for more movement speed reduction (as mobs will be immobilized once their movement speed becomes 0), get Zeymyna at least at level 4 for the permanent SP-tick boost (25% less time to recover SP and some SP discount in its AoE).

If Miko is needed, put your points into Gohei rather than Hamaya as it deals more damage and is more versatile.

At PD, leave out Beak Mask, the skill is useless. Rather max Bloodletting for infite duration (level 6 Bloodletting has as much duration as CD time).
Take one point from Incineration and put it into Fumigate to quickly heal status ailments if ever required&boost poison resistance…

That build is not really tanky but it’s still better than nothing as Healing Factor will allow you to survive most attacks anyway…

I was thinking a SPR build to increase buff effects to get good def while combining classes for disabling skills.

I see. I doubt it’ll be possible with the changes.
Aspersion and Stone Skin won’t be as good. With good enough SPR you could basically block every physical hits, but with the Stone Skin change plus the fact Aspersion won’t give that much PDEF anymore… you can’t anymore. Even Pardoner’s MDEF Increase won’t be as good.

I feel like it’s better to go for Dievdirbys’ Ausrine for damages mitigation now (well, it technically always was the best since it gives invulnerability, but if one didn’t like it buffs were a possible alternative).

To sum it up, Clerics’ defensive skills/buffs:
Cleric: Safety Zone. With a fix 20s duration, fixed number of blocks and a 48s cd it’s not something you can focus on.
Priest: Aspersion increased PDEF but it went from % PDEF increase to a flat number depending on SPR and with a bad scaling. Stone Skin doesn’t increase block anymore. Revive buffs the whole party and they’ll automatically revive once if they’re killed with this buff on. They gain a few seconds invulnerability after reviving.
Dievdirbys: World Tree can silence enemies, Laima reduces cooldowns and Ausrine gives invulnerability to the party, so it’s popular and really useful.
Paladin: Barrier increases MDEF, and lowers missile damages. Resist Elements increases your party’s resistance to all basic elements (no Holy, Dark, or Soul), lowers enemies’ damages as well as their MDEF, and also offers a small chance of nullifying an attack.
Pardoner: MDEF Increase increases the MDEF of the party. But it lasts 45s, has a cooldown of 87s, and with then new patch the scaling with SPR has been reduced, which makes it not as good as it used to be.
Druid 2: Sterea Trofh gives immunity in a small zone, it lasts 10s at level 5 for 30s cd (15s/30s at level 10). It’s good if you plan to go Druid anyway, but I wouldn’t recommend taking Druid just for it since it’s a circle 2 skill.
Oracle: Counterspell gives immunity to all magical damages, it also cures some negative status. Problem is its giant cd of 90s for a duration of 30s and it’s an aoe so it’s not a party buff you can move around with. Oracle also offers a protection to rank 1 ailments with Prophecy.
Plague Doctor: No physical/magical defensive skills, but they will protect your party from negative ailments as well as cure them.
Kabbalist: Revenged Sevenfold will affect the whole party (as well as summoned minions and such, it’s funny) and reflect one enemy’s attack, multiplying its damages. It’s amazing on a character who’s underleveled and facing something that can one shot them. Except for that, it’s a nice extra protection. Ein Sof increases one member’s HP, so it’s not really a shielding skill, but it does offer extra tankiness. Merkabah can protect from enemies’ damages as well as increases the MDEF a little bit.

I don’t think I have forgotten any… but there are a lot, so I might have.
Only some of Priest’s buffs, Pardoner’s, as well as Paladin’s Barrier scale with stats.
Overall I don’t think going Priest 3 full SPR is as worth it as it used to be for the defensive side. Priest 2 is still quite worth going for though imo for Revive, if one wants to be mostly support. Revive is always nice in tough fights.
Paladin will be better but the three circles are needed, and since it comes at rank 4 you wouldn’t be able to have Oracle, a rank 7 class like PD/Kabba and Inquisitor.
Dievdirbys 3 is still good~ If you want to buff your party as well as disable your enemies, Diev is great at that. Makes your party invincible, reduces your party’s cooldown on skills, silences enemies and reduces their movement speed.
I find it too bad though that we won’t have as much support/buffer choices as we used to with those changes to Stone Skin and Aspersion.

Note that Krivis 3 has a buff to increase the duration of other buffs. But it’s more a support’s support in this sense, since it requires 3 circles for that skill.

1 Like

thanks for the lots of info! I see many players with Diev3 but the statue skills is not my cup of tea~

You clearly haven´t play Cleric or Diev, sorry but most of your data is wrong but I don´t want to respond each point.

You do know that most skills change with the upcoming update at 16th of May,do you?
Go check the data yourselves over here: https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner ;
here’s your build : https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#4111777ie.1f2e31556575.11354e5a6a75.1121344455.15253164
and here’s what I suggested instead : https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#4111777ie.1f2635435a6175.11253a445a6a75.14314555.15243541.
I’m not giving opinions on outdated (i.e. current iTOS’s data) data but on the upcoming changes.

next patch balancing. Palladin will become tanky cleric… :smiley: barrier can reduce dmg, boost magic def. and palladin can receive dmg for teamate and also share his mdef/pdef to teamate. With att guard (can guard with shield) make palladin become harder

1 Like