Tree of Savior Forum

Need oppinion on tanky cleric

I won’t critique the whole build and which classes should and shouldn’t be in such a build, but Kabbalist Ein Sof is not 100% uptime at C1, so it’s pretty lackluster due to the fact that skills like that give max hp but not current hp.

Even more important though, God Smash is one of the best damage abilities in the game. If you could only max one skill I’d say make it God Smash. Don’t gimp yourself by not going 5/5 and 10/10 as Inquisitor 2.

1 Like

should I build Cleric2/priest2/palladin3/pd2?

I will go Cleric C2>Priest C1> Paladin C3>PD C1>Inq C2.
Healingfactor + Barrie just work great together.

And i think Inq hast just better synergy then PD2.

[barrier] and stacked healing work better. There is next to zero synergy to speak off with kaba though.

int not effective
want tank go atleat 200 con

Clerics have enough buffs, heals and damages mitigation. If you build your skills to make you tanky, you don’t need “at least 200 CON”.

That’s a wrong conception of being a tank. If he wants to build around damage mitigation, he needs a high amount of effective HP, which can only be achieved by upgrading your defence and HP.

Of course there are ways to make sure you’ll be less likely to die (e.g. having many invulnerability skills in a build), but having around 200 CON is never a wrong choice when going for a tanky Cleric, as you’ve got 3 benefits from this:

• higher max HP (even better when combined with HP boosts like Ein Sof&Henge Stone)
  • higher block rate
  • higher healing value (as the base healing is always a % of your HP)

There’s also a catch to investing into skills and armor to rely on being tanky:
Your gear wears down when taking damage and your skills can be negated/canceled (currently only canceling on cast with CC is possible).
You also can get oneshotted if your max HP is too low(might happen when fighting against higher fieldbosses or by getting grouped in ET/challenge mode).

Last but not least, a Paladin character might want to make use of the “Barrier:Devotion” attribute to take damage for his allies; if he doesn’t have at least 100k HP, he will drop within a short period of time when facing real threats.

Base CON is always good to have unless you’re whale enough to build full CON equip at Rank 9 (which will be hard because every squishy build will want to have as much CON on gears as possible to not drop dead within several attacks of stronger monsters,so these gears,when on market, will be extremely expensive).

I’d never go without CON on anything except a SPR build, CON is just too good/effective to be left out.

I’m not saying it’s a wrong choice, just that it’s not a must have since Clerics have so many skills that help tanking. I’m also not saying they should put 0 CON. But investing “at least 200 CON” isn’t mandatory.
I’m a lover of both CON and SPR, and my Paladin does have CON. It’s just that you aren’t forced to have at least 200+ CON for most content now that everything doesn’t hit hard. 200+ CON makes it easier and lazier, but a must have ? Nah.
But anyway, it’s an old post and there’s actually nobody asking for any build here~

And you can actually go away with absolutely 0 invested CON on a lot of builds. Especially on a Cleric. But CON does make it easier and smoother, still not a must have nowadays.

I have 400 con cleric
Never die by mob
800 int = 1600 magic attack
U can upgrand weapon and tran this for magic attack

800 con = may be 160,000 hp
Hard to replace by upgrand
if u kabba Hp will x around 2-3
Atleast about 200-300k hp
(my cleric 200k hp with lv5 einsof +16aias)
You welcome to feel super tank.

The next r9 come
If i still choice kaba i will play boker3 kaba3
I will go almost full CON
(Wanna see how maximum hp of cleric can do)

I think this is gonna be the tankiest cleric build on rank 9.
I wanna try it full CON, just reserved a cleric character to rank reset.
Don’t think its good for PvE tbh, but want to try on PvP/GvG

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#4122bbbfff.152535.213a45546595.112a3f4265718a91.1f3f41516177a5

1 Like

i think you should take paladin if you want to be tanky

That is brilliant ! All we need is Stone Skin in the R10.
It’s the tankiest build in PvP and PVE I guess.

Pala 3 Kabba 3 is very tanky but also veeeery weak in terms of dps. Esp. if you’re not using a 2h mace (no Demolition).

Personally I would go either Pala 3 Druid 3 or Pala 3 PD 3.

If you pick Pala 3 Kabba 3:

Pros

• +300% max HP from Ein Sof lv 15.

• Ability to shield block with C inside barrier and block magic with half your block value (very nice, if it really works).

• Ability to heal SP (but then +300% max HP becomes +150%).

• Double heals while with Ein Sof

Cons

• Merkabah damage very weak without Inquisitor’s Malleus or Transmit Pranah.

• No high damage single-hit skill to use with Double Chance (if you go 2h theres Demolition at least)

• No high damage few-hits skill to use with Gevurah (if you go 2h theres Demolition at least)

• Very very low overall dps.

If you pick Pala 3 Druid 3:

Pros

• +200% max hp from Werewolf + Hengestone

• Sterea Trofh provides 15 sec immortality (very good with Barrier: Devotion)

• Werewolf attacks deal reasonable damage with 2h mace (depend on both matk and atk).

• Werewolf makes you immune to knockback (no tossing you out of your own Barrier).

• +30% damage from Werewolf + Hengestone to Demolition, which is already a pretty strong skill.

• Can transform into Merog Shaman and get 22 hits 5 sec cooldown Safety Zones (very good with Barrier: Devotion)

• Can transform into other monsters to have different utility (i.e. new rank 9 bunny mob that has self haste)

• Carnivory steal deals nice damage

Cons

• Very high SP consumption with Werewolf

• Buggy animations with many transformations

• Overall medium to low dps, but still much higher than Kabba 3

If you pick Pala 3 PD 3:

• Very very fast HP regeneration while with Healing Factor lv 5+ (nearly immortality in pvm). Very good with Barrier: Devotion

• Knockback immunity to all party members through Methadone (very nice to keep your party inside Barrier all the time).

• Pandemic spreads Conviction debuff easily

• Very Good AoE dps with Black Death + Incineration.

• Ability to use 3x Velnia Monkey Cards and get +30% damage against mobs poisoned with Black Death (including Demolition).

• Ability to use 3x Frost Lord Cards and get 15% chance to Freeze enemies on each Black Death / Incineration hit (freezes mobs a lot!). Freezing enemies is a good way to prevent your party members from taking damage too. Can’t use together with Velnia Monkey tho.

• Prevents debuffs to all party members with Bloodletting (very interesting if you’re building a full tank / support character)

• Ability to use Agny and get +50% damage with Incineration (not really a combo with Support Paladin, but worth mentioning).

Cons

• Needs to choose between either INT build for more damage with Incineration / Black Death or STR build for more damage with Demolition / Conviction / Smite. I would recommend an INT build.

• Methadone makes your whole party takes +20% damage, can be dangerous if you have Barrier: Devotion up with a low skill level Healing Factor.

• PD 3 is very skill point hungry. Can’t max all good dmg skills and support skills together with having lvl 11 Pandemic (for incineration spread attribute). You’ll probably need to choose between Pandemic or Healing Factor.

• Lv 11 Pandemic still costs a lot of SP.

• Low burst damage makes it harder to get 1st place in Bosses. Dps over time is still very strong tho.

Be aware that sometimes people just don’t care for staying inside Barrier for Devotion. Focusing your whole build into Barrier: Devotion might be a bad idea. It’s good to have backup plans.

Being able to deal proper dps is also very important. No matter how good of a support you are, nobody is going to pick you as a party member for doing a Challenge since the whole mechanic consists of killing mobs fast (with very little threat of players actually dying).

1 Like

afaik the CD was changed to 20 seconds or more, but better ask @Wolfy or another Druid player to be 100% sure

You’re correct, it’s 20s atm.