Tree of Savior Forum

Need opinions on my planned swordie build

oh yea i forgot about spear lunge lol
and yea i should take bash instead lol, i did mention that thrust is slow and weak
guardian for evasion seems counter intutive though, since your losing eva with finnestra and your not gonna get much dex, i guess you can cover it all back with enough evasion gear though.

thanks for the advice :smiley:

For Guardian, you will only use it at PvP. So, you will turn off that Finestra : Splash attribute to prevent double evasion penalty. At level 15, Finestra only decreases your evasion by 39 which is still low and doesn’t affect much. :grin:

Edit : Oh, I just read that you only want to focus on PvE. Then you can leave Guardian.

yea i was wondering how i would fit in guardian lol, if i take it ill be torn between leather or cloth

im gonna roll with cloth armor so i can somewhat cover the SP cost for spamming skyliner. dont know how that will work over getting plate though. might go for 50/50 or 1 cloth the rest into plate.

Don’t be fooled by Spear Lunge, the debuff isn’t 100%

imo its still worth getting just 1 point into, your mostly gonna use it to boost your damage with pierce and stabbing anyway, and i think the bonus % damage is more benificial that the extra flat damage you get from 1 extra lvl of stabbing

That’s the reason why we only need it only at level 1. It also has overheat.

The debuff already has a low proccing rate, when used against bosses, it’s even lower, possibly within the 10% area.

Even then, you’ll have a short of amount of time to take advantage of the debuff, skill animation taken into consideration, you’ve already got less than 6 seconds, not only that but with the supposedly new boss AI, you’re likely to be knocked back, meaning less time to take advantage of it.

One thing I don’t know is if the debuff stacks in both pierce vulnerability and time.

Personally and currently, the amount of negatives with Spear Lunge certainly outweighs the positives, by all means take level one for whatever reason, it’s simply logically not appealing.

If the debuff procd 100% no matter what, that positive alone would be enough to outweigh the negatives.

hmm, i think 6 seconds is plenty of time to get a quick cast of pierce in, stabbing is mainly used at opportune moments anyway eg. after a boss uses a big attack

this build wont take full advantage of the buff anyway, since skyliner will be the main dps and its slash damage,

spear thrust is purely for increasing pierces damage, and stabbing if you use it at the right time.

Hoplite need to max pain barrier. Without it bosses will interrupt your stabbing.

1 point in pain barrier is enough to cover the duration of stabbing.

You underestimate worth of immunity for a lot of kb attacks.

And you will not use only stabbing on a boss.
I did like

1. spear lunge
  2. worked? then stabbing, otherwise pierce
  3. spear lunge
  4. skill unsused in step 2

And you don’t want to get a kb right after successful spear lunge.

An extra 4 to 5 seconds isn’t much. Plus we talking about stabbing here not all the skills.

Want to avoid knockbacks while pain barrier is on cooldown? Dodge and stop attacking recklessly.

hmm i guess bash will become obsolete later on

a couple of pts into pain barrier would be more useful later down the line
thnx guys

I’d take bash lv3 just to get kb attribute.

There are a couple of things I want to suggest:

• Don’t go Highlander + Hoplite. Highlander skills rely on weapon attack a lot, and hoplite weapon attack is just … sad. Yes I did go down that path before. Cartar stroke deal half the damage of stabbing, and charge longer. Wagon wheel is ridiculously weak besides knocking. The only up side is the 0cd sky liner, which hit … 1 target
  • Don’t go hoplite on later rank. If you want a hoplite, better pick it early, because leveling as hoplite is also very sad. Slow and painful at first, then gradually get better.

About spear lunge, the debuff works around 75% of the time for me, even on bosses so you can count on it, don’t worry. I would also take 1 throwing spear in case you want to jump into PvP

hmm
i could just level with a 2hander lol, till hop C2 when i get 100% uptime on finestra
pierce and stabbing can be used with a 2 hander so hop is still worth it for doing burst damage and getting piercing attacks
can also grab some aoe attack ratio if i have problems mobbing with skyliner and i can get some for free with finestra

at-least thats what im planning
im not gonna roll with a spear till much later, since, yea their damage is pretty bad until your rolling with the huge crit buff from finestra

This guide will help you a lot

read it all, some time ago lol

but its based on iCBT and the level cap of 200
still very good information though, thanks for linking it, i lost the thread but i kept up with another guide by cathexis playing hoplite C3 > doppel

Sky Liner hits more than 1 target.

ive played up to Highlander C2 and put some of my thoughts on the OP as an edit
what do you guys think?