Tree of Savior Forum

Need opinion about Cyrokino/ Alche Build

Hi all, I’ve been wanting to make a Cyro Alchemist build but been struggling to find a good synergy for Cyrokino/Alche. Thinking about ranking up to warlock after this on the next expansion.

my aim is mostly CC, though I’d like to be more support orientated.

Could I get your opinions and criticisms on how to improve it?

I think leaving both Cryo and Kino at 2 isn’t a good idea, you’re leaving each of them one circle away from their best skills (Snow Rolling, Frost Pillar; Raise, Gravity Pole.

If you want to do CC/Support under Alchemist, I think you first need to decide between Cryo 3 and Kino 3.

Cryo 3 has better control over larger groups of monsters because Ice Wall and Frost Pillar don’t have target limits and can be casted instantly. Problem is that Freezes are quite unreliable and your sources of damage (which is an additional way of contributing to the team), Ice Pike, Snow Rolling, Ice Wall either have low hit count or high cooldown.

Kino 3 has better control over smaller groups because it has more reliable CCs and does better damage contribution. However, it suffers from spells needing to be channeled and target counts that can only be boosted by skill levels.

If you decide to go Cryo 3, your next option would be between Linker 1 and Kino 1. Linker 1 gives you access to another anti-mob skill–Joint Penalty, which is really good for when your Frost Pillar is on cooldown. Kino 1 would give you burst damage contribution with the Icewall - Psychic Pressure and the ability to drag bosses back into land deployments with Swap.

For Kino 3, you’d have to decide between Wiz 2 and Cryo 1. Surespell from Wiz 2 isn’t a necessity but it serves as an assurance. Cryo 1 would be for some less reliable CC and for a tiny Icewall, which you can improve with the Ice Rod or Audra (expensive), and the Hummingbird Gem (rare)

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I’ll most likely be going Kino 3 as its a less mainstream class compared to others. I originally chose Cyro because the freeze attribute seemed kind of reliable as a status affliction, but I heard Freeze got nerfed. hard.

That being said, Wiz 2 does sound appealing, but i heard from my friend it isn’t grind-friendly. Any opinions about that?

Yeah Wiz2 isn’t grind friendly, but so will your Kino 1 Psychic Pressure be, without it.

Not sure what do you mean, Kino 1 will be difficult?

Yeah, Kino 1 will be difficult without Surespell

Freeze only god nerfed for PvP because Ice Bolt lost it’s attribute there. PvP is not the point of your Alchemist I believe.

Kino 2 doesn’t really need Wiz 2 as he already stunlocks mobs by themselves, all you have to do is know how to aim and position yourself.

I’m still thorn between Cryo > Kino 3 or Cryo 3 > Kino for my alchemist 2 myself.

I think the main appeal for Kino would either be Magnetic Pole of Psychic pressure as the AoE Damage dealer. I think the main appeal for Wiz2 would be sure spell, but from what I see, you don’t need it as Kino 3 (Unless you count Gravity pole). so it might be more worthwhile to get a CC Class.

With Ice Wall I can probably build a barrier around myself before casting GP?