Tree of Savior Forum

Need Necro vs Sorc build advice. Please

I’ve scanned a lot of forum posts but really haven’t gotten that much information on what the best summoner builds would be for PvE. A lot of the information seems dated.

Basically I’m looking for the best circles for a Sorc or Necro build.
And opinions on which is better, Sorc or Necro?
Also, I’m focused more on the best endgame build. If a circle is going to fall off and becomes useless later, I’d prefer not to pick it up at all.

All advice/information would be appreciated.

Wiz1 > ? > ? > ? > ? > Necro > Necro

Wiz1> ? > ? > ? > Sorc > Sorc > ?

Seeing as Sorc got hardly any dmg skills (unless Fami and C3), and scales of your stats, it’ll probably be viable later on.

If your going sorc 2 go cryo 3. The cc from cyro helps gather mobs so the terrible summon ai can actually kill them faster. Sorc 3 isnt that great so your end build could be something like Cryo3 Sorc2 Warlock. http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/zqeasbejsq/

Go necro if you love yourself, Sorc if you hate yourself.

Why is that?
/20char

Sorcerer lacks base damage. High Int or bust because its all scaling.
Necro has base damage it has team support as well (so does Sorcerer through familiar) because Decay boosts Missile damage. Archers are top DPS outside of Elementalists who are great for aoe. Boosting the teams archers can pay off well. They’re less dependent on their Summons for damage because they have strong attack skills themselves with high bases.

Sorcerer is hypothetically great at dealing damage but its finicky because of its reliance on summon AI. Necro still has issues with summon AI but its a damage dealer by itself. Its summons also don’t drain SP so you save some money on chugging pots.

Shoggath is a third of C3 Sorcerer’s summon strength.

Then what other circles are best to pair with necromancer?

Wiz 3, Linkers, I’m doing a Psychokino C3 later on myself.
Thauma in a way also works.
Some people go Sorc + necro although eh not my cup of tea.

It seems like cryo and pyro are not very popular–I imagine because they don’t scale well into later levels.

Cyro has many things of value.
Its has a defensive attribute that scales with all Shields.
CC is CC, which…also scales
Electric attribute + freezing scales with all electric damage sources, although currently Wizards only have Electrocute.

Frost Pillar positions mobs, Ice Wall blocks off areas (which allows you some control of the battle field) and certainly scales quite well as more multi-hit moves become available.

Pyro’s Flame Pillar staggars mobs to the point most get locked and cannot attack so it’s a form of CC.
Hell Breath knock back is also CC and a “keep away” tool although fairly inconsistent given its proc rate. Even still Pyro does plenty of damage overtime given its multitude of hits are competitive with a lot of late-game sources (just not as burst).

Pyro scales the least as far as synergy with other classes goes, but by itself it’s so powerful you’ll use its skills regardless at all ranks.

Currently I am Wiz > Pyro > Pyro > Linker, but I keep thinking that the 50% damage bonus of quick cast will eventually become more useful than my pyro ranks.

Necro usually needs at least C2 Linker.

My current is Wiz3/link/sorc/Necro

I don’t know what other people thinking, but if you can solo grind in Demon prison 2flr. You can choose any job that support your sorc/necro.

People may said Quick cast had no synchronize with sorc but I said,
Qucik cast attribute increase damage of your bat from 800 to 1400 each.

Im going for necro my build is
wiz - pyro - linker - pyro - chrono - necro - necro
i heard that “quicken” also buffs necro skells so its sound amazing right, also quicken + enchant fire is verygood to a solo player, hope my build works.

Quicken lvl 5 won’t give you much attack speed, it hardly noticeable.

But there are 2 great things about C1 Chronomancer. Reincarnate give you extra exp and loot from bosses in PVE. Stop is an awesome CC for pvp, it can freeze boss once.

I would love to build Chronomancer when IMC release rank 9 and 10.

about quicken, anything that help em hit faster and my skels too sounds good, i just dont want to go to pyro 3, i use auto atk a lot, this spell should help me. then the other buffs sounds good too.
Now im thinking about a full chrono, and how is the best way to get there

Hello my current build is wiz/cryo/psy2 should i go for psy3/necro2 or soc/necro2?