Tree of Savior Forum

Need input on this Alchemist build

My goal is to be able to solo PvE and be a desired support in parties + the alchemism.

I am torn on being Pyro or Cryo, cryo feels more support-y which I like but would it still be nice in solo PvE?

Also, I am unsure if the points in my alchemism is spent on the best places.

And I have no idea how to build the stats, I’m guessing a lot of INT but other than that I am lost.

Any help is appriceated!

I’m trying to come up with solo pve alchie build as well.

My initial build more or less like yours, but after a bit of research I found that apparently linker was heavily nerfed and the pyro/linker combo no longer functions.

What? That is very disappointing if so. I don’t really mind playing a little under dog-y but Linker made my whole build pop :[ I’d have to choose something else that is support and works well with cryo or pyro.

Indeed.Would be cool to have someone to shed some light on this, tho.

Since rank 6 and 7 are locked to chemist, we only have ranks 1~5 to work with.wiz/pyro/cryo are the only big dps options.

From what I found wiz doesn’t mingle well with non full-dps builds, and pyro outdamages cryo.So pyro seems to be the best choice.

Cant think of a way to make this work though.

I can’t get it to work either. I need something to dish out damage but also something that supports. I only have Wiz, Cryo, Pyro to dish damage with and Thau C2 or C1 + Chrono C1 that supports. But Thau doesn’t seem that good and I would want more than C1 on Chrono.

Might go with Linker anyhow but I was hoping to have a good start on my first play ever.

Im looking for an Alchemist build too… I was going to do the build that u posted (Pyro c2/Linker c2) but Im kind disapointed with the endgame of this build. So Im thinking to do this one instead:

And stats something about: hit 50 SPR and then -> 5:1 INT:CON

1 Like

I’m looking at doing the same thing tho i was considering pyro instead of cryo. The big debate I see is cryo or pyro…tho I’m ultimately unsure of which has better pve potential.

Cryo v Pyro
Ice pike 5 hits 5 times with a 20s cd, + cc
Fireball 5 hits 5 times with a 15s cd, and also works with PP more often then pp/iw tho it’s weaker and more clunky…

Ice wall hits now, and works with PP once a minute.
Flame ground 5, lasts 20s with 25s cd.

Ice Bolt is another energy bolt with cc.
Enchant fire adds some party utility, tho just a dash.

Ah but I forgot about gear like the Ice Rod, which could help with icewall. Then on the flip side there’s the arde dagger for +153 fire attack.

Hmm gear aside now I’m leaning back toward cryo simply because cc doesn’t lose value as much with lvls as low circle dps skills…

The synergy of Cryo + Psycho (IceWall + Psych Pressure) is so dam gud to ignore hahaha :smiley:

Gah got me after an edit. But ya that should help with Bossing. Just flame ground is so good at low lvls ><

Would that be Supporty? Or would Linker be better at that still?

For supporty Rank 3 builds I think it goes
Link3 > Cryo3 > Pshyco3 > Pryo 3

For DPS however it pretty much goes the other way. So Pshyco3 is a nice combination of dps and utility, especially when paired with cryo

Hmm tho if you are really after utility alone, wiz3/Link2 doesn’t seem so bad…It’s Just Lacking On The dps

1 Like

Oh yeah, with the Quick cast? Hadn’t thought of that alternative!
What about Rank 2 classes?
Thanks in advance!

Hum, as for the pyro route…I thought maybe pyro3+sorc maybe could work?Could pyro+psycho be an viable alternative?

Oh sorry I meant to say circle 3 classes of ranks 2-3, instead of rank3 classes. @__@

Pyro3/Sorc. Well it seems like possibly decent dps though iw+pp >>>hells breath for the 65s cd. I honestly haven’t played Sorc yet, though most comments on this forum so far are that rank 2 /circle 6 Sorc is really needed so that you can control temple shooters strong skills.

1 Like

Ahh now I get it! Wiz 3 would be somewhere in the middle then too I guess? This is very helpful!

For support Im gonna do Cryo c3 + Chrono c3 (always leveling with duo/party).

For solo purpose and money making Im going Cryo c1 + Psycho c3 + Alche c2

1 Like

Sure tho you’d go straight for it, though I only recommend this if you’ve got leveling buddies lined up as your main dmg will come from auto attacks, energy bolt, and magic missile. Tho there was a guy in iCBT who made it work as wiz3/link1/thaum1/chrono2, so this suppot build could be similar. He has a video up on youtube though I couldn’t find it

Hmmm so Link2 v link1/thaum1…may be your next be decision for sopportchemist.

Thinking again about pyro3…has anyone tried vertical firewall yet? That could be pretty potent.