Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with the build

Hi guys, i started a week ago and now I’m at rank 5. Im currently wiz>>pyro2>>linker.
I am following a guide where the path is wiz>>pyro3>>linker2>>feather
I am going to drop the pyro3 and go for the psycho cause of long cooldowns of pyro skills. and add some fillers from psycho. what do you guys think?

I would rather you go for wiz>pyro2>linker2>thaum or wiz2 (for Surespell) > FF1>FF2 when rank 8 comes out.

I am not sure how Pyschokino will benefit your build though:/

Also, Surespell is needed to remove disturbance when you finally achieved FF as FF’s core skills are channel based and are easily interrupted.

How about the thaum? I am aware that my build will go for more support late game but and I want self sustain and going for feather. Do I need surespell badly? :frowning:

Being that I have a Feather Foot myself, yes. You need it that badly. My Build is Wiz 3, Linker 2, Necro, Feather 1/2. Well, I guess you could stray but if you chose to take Bloodsucking, you’ll never get more then a few drains off due to getting interrupted. Kino would not be worth taking. As the guy above me said; Thaum or Wiz 2.

In your shoes… I’d almost drop Linker C2, and get Wiz C3. But play like you pay for it! :slight_smile:

I see… so the most possible path is wiz2>>pyro2>>linker2>>feather for me right now??I didn’t choose way wiz3>>etc>>etc because of the its being standard and I’m in trouble. :persevere:

Even though I myself am against playing META builds, it’s really hard to pass up Wiz 3, Surespell, Quickcast (+50% Damage) and Magic Missle w/Linker 1/2 Just destroys everything in it’s path when Mobbing. You can manage just fine with just Wiz 2 for Surespell. It’ won’t be the most efficient build but it’ll work. In the end, just have fun with what you build and don’t worry about to much as it’s your first Char.
Having Linker 2 in your Set can easily get you parties. So you’re future-proof, as they say.

Also, I know what build you’re talking about. I was tempted to try that build as well. If you want to continue with that build, you should, but I would stick to Pyro 3 in that case. He uses Fire Pillar as his way to hold mobs in place for Bloodsucking.

If I pick pyro3>>linker2>>feather would I still need surespell?

It’s just a different playstyle. The guy uses Fire Pillar to keep mobs stuck in place to avoid interruptions from attacks. He has a few videos up iirc.

So instead of surespell, you’d be using Firepillar, but it’s really only for blood sucking,

Well, from what I gathered…at the end of the day - please choose something or build it the way you like it. Make your character a source of joy at the moment of log in that you would want to spend and play with.

Also, I think you can still survive without Surespell. For instances, Pyro skills can replace bloodsucking DPS too (granted that you level up the attributes) and to substitute for Surespell; you could JP>KNOT>Sleep>Blood Sucking just to recover missing health and rotate your Pyromancer skills for DPS.

In other words, not taking the traditional route of Wiz3, we turn the advantages of both Wiz1 and FF’s Blood Sucking into Utilities (healing).

In turn, we replace FF’s Blood Sucking DPS kit WITH Pyromancer’s DPS rotation skills that works really well with JP. It’s very efficient because of the cooldown of these skills.

With that said, it’s best to level up the attributes of Pyromancer if you’re adamant on sticking with Pyro.

Lastly, the reason why I suggested Thaum is because of the Swell left arm buff and Transpose. FF2 has this skill called Blood Curse which has a high fixed dmg output per level (at lvl 5 its at 11k, I think) and the damage is amplified by total amount of your HP.

Swell Left Arm also works to cover some of the INT points which are invested into CON. On an upside, FF2 is given a Levitation skill which is like a mini version of Surespell that is at high advantage against melee ranged monsters.

I really like FF concept (the costume, too!) and my current build is Wiz1 Pyro2 Linker 2 Thaum 1 FF2.

It’s not of a traditional route but I’ve put a lot of research into it and manipulation of each class’s kit that would benefit me in a long run.

As scarethemonkeys says, having linker2 in your build is a guaranteed slot in Grinding PTs which is essential upon reaching max level starting from lvl 210.

@aljonleynes11

EDIT: Pyro DPS rotation that I’m talking about are Fireball, Fire Wall, Flame Ground, and Pillar (since I settled for Pyro2). I find that Enchant Fire is useless and since we gave up Surespell, we need as many DPS skills we can have.

1 Like

If you have seen the game play videos of that build he simply cannot channel blood sucking that well even if the only purpose of it was to recover his HP. It gets cancelled the moment he tries to channel it because some mobs are simply resistant to status effects or ignores stagger.

Pyro > FF is a tough route and the FF skills may simply not be utilized as well as how a Wiz 3 > FF does it. Pyro might be good early on but once you get to FF you might feel that the skills are a bit on the weak side due to no damage amps. It does not get better at FF C2 since the burst AoE blood curse do not have the %damage multiplier from the attribute.

You can still however continue with your build but your damage may lag behind once you reach higher levels.

Thank you guys for wonderful replies! :blush:
I’ll make it more support char than to do dmgs! Found it! Thanks!