Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with the build - Meta but not overused

Hi, I’m leveling my first character, I started a loooong time ago actually and now I’m 291. I play 70% alone and 30% with friends.

What I wanted to do: Alche or Chrono / Both + DPS
Be able to solo and level fast.
If not possible to level with Alche/Chrono… which build do you recommend for full dps that’s NOT what you see in every thread and ranking like 93854 times. Is it a must to leave Alche/Chrono for the last class?

Current build: Alche - Onmy - Pshycho. It is not doing great or not what I expected. I used to have an OP build back in December, that’s why Wizard got nerfed I think.
I also tried Alche/Sorc/Chrono… not good. Cryo/FF/Sorc… a nightmare.

I want some kind of support because I love the support/dps role in any game and my friends are 100% DPS, we no heals at all or SP recovery.

Bonus:

• I read every Re:build thread in this forum for Wizard, but most of them talk about max lvl full build.
  • I haven’t tried Sage/Chrono
  • Main problem for me now: I burn SP too fast.

Alche/Chrono/Tao
That would be the only build that u can use both chrono and alche and still have a good a dps if u wanna level that u need to start with tao tho coz alche and chrono have 0 dmg its all support, there are other good builds that use alche or chrono as well.

Sage-Chrono-Alche

Sage benefits from Chrono’s slow. You can use Micro Dimension 3 times with 15 sec cd. Also has nice utility skills. SP won’t be a problem as long as you monitor your usage.

I was considering that one and I know it’s more for support than others. Right now I’m using Alche-Sage-Sorc. Do you know if it’s viable the slow+sage skills in practice? considering you have just ONE slow skill.

Is Tao damage decent on it’s own to solo having no synergy with the other 2? Considering I don’t have cards, gear, the gems…

Is it a must to leave Alche/Chrono for the last class?
A:YES

Main problem for me now: I burn SP too fast
A: It’s everyone main problem right now. Disable the unnecessary attributes, you don’t need to use every single skill from the classes. Basically be more selective about what you are using to what content. Also Alch is one of the few classes that restore SP so go figure…

The truth is: Alch is not good for solo gameplay and neither is Chrono. If you still wanna use both or one of the classes to play solo do as our friends told you already: Alche/Chrono/Tao or Alche/Chrono/Sage.
They are great support builds for wiz and can do ok when solo (at least to a certain point).

• “Pass” is the only reason you use Chrono. Paired with Alch you can heal 2x SP and HP which is good.
  • Sage has the synergy with Slow so its a plus.
  • If you are willing to drop chrono from the build you can pair Alch with anything really… Cryo+Tao, Pyro-Onmy, Pyro-Ele, Pyro+Sorc, Necro+Sorc… what else?

Yeah, thanks for clarifying some things I had doubt with. I was planning to have my Scout friend with Linker to take some points in the skill that lets share Quickcast, but I don’t play often with him now we are leveling.

And having Alch for the last set makes sense in terms of dps but sucks to need so many potions and no money.
I discovered that xp from quests are more op than I expected so I’m doing that now and I will see how it goes later.

I’ll probably go with Alche/Chrono/Sage because we have 2 other wizards in the team and they are Pyro, Onmy, Cryo, Tao, Ele…

From what I’ve been reading FF and Shadow suck now and RC is a joke.
Thanks.

FF and Shadow are boss killers anyway. Alch can be your second class, but as for your first one it should be a DPS. It will help a lot as you level up.

Even with Slow on cd, Sage alone can do decent damage in late game. Slowed enemies take 50% more damage with Micro and Ultimate Dimension.

If you haven’t tried it already, give ele/alchemist/pyromancer a go.

Alchemist for obvious reasons. Pyro and elementalist for their synergies (Fireball and Storm Dust combo, as well as Flame Ground and Meteor combo for large AoE nuke).

Even 1 pt in Elementalist’s Hail is a good CC when facing annoying mob. Freezing Saalus and Dungeon boss who loves to jump around and spam knockdown skill? Yes, please!

It won’t be the best DPS or support wizard build, but it will allow you to do well in both. HP and SP potion restore for your team while still allow you to deal decent damage when solo levelling.

I’m playing Omni-Chrono-Sage and I’m having heaps of fun. Slow+Sage skills/Greenwood Shikigami is quite good, great AoE and good utility all around, works pretty well with grinding and Challenges, and can pull my own weight when bossing, though don’t excel at it, the short cooldowns and pass kinda cover it. It’s quite decent.

I just wish I still had Haste.