Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with Thaumaturge c3 going enchanter

hello im set to build a Thaumatuge C3 with enchanter as rank 8, im looking into 2 kind of paths:
Wiz3>Thau3>Chrono1>Enchanter1
Wiz1>Cryo3>Thaumaturge3>Enchanter1

Stats distrubution of 30-50 Con rest INT, would like the advice of any high level players with the Pros but moslty the Cons of each path, plus leveling gear(on a low budget) advice would be nice.

Thanks in advance for the comments

For first build , Replace chrono1 with link1 for dps support.
Second one is full support type.
If you don’t play with your friend , Think about dps for questing first.

Pls read about first row buff limit.
Your build eats a lot of buff slot and you need to buy “daino scroll” for party support.
Without Krivis friend , It isn’t low budget build.
Imo , chrono , sometime i use "daino scroll"
because priest in party doesn’t want to pay for party buff slots.
(Yeah , I pay for only my 2 buffs. :cry:)

sorry for the long post I was bored

With the first path you’ll literally only have Magic Missile for dealing dmg, since Thauma, Chrono and Enchant do not have a single dmging ability, and Earthquake/Energy Bolt fall off horribly, so you will find yourself auto attacking a lot when Magic Missile is on CD.

With the second path you won’t have ANY damaging ability (Cryo’s skills doesn’t count), unless you’re looking at it as some sort of CryoChrono variant to be a support, this path only has CC and buffs to aid teammates, other than that a long way of auto attacking things to death is ahead of you and possibly requires help from teammates to lvl up.

In my opinion, Thaumaturge requires Linker in the build to be sucessful, reason is behind Swell Body, which enlarges the enemies and increases they HP, but increases the EXP and loot you get out of it, and this skill can affect multiple targets, however without a reliable way to stack them in one place (Frost Pillar from Cryo might work… but not sure if the AoE from Swell Body is even that big), this skill is rather useless since you can’t use it properly in many enemies.

That’s where Linker comes into place, with Joint Penalty and Hangman Knot, you can link enemies and then group them all together in one place, giving you the opportunity to cast this skill and affect all of them (up to the limit of the skill), this is why I feel Like Thaumaturge requires Linker to be in the build.

Now as for the build, since you want to have Thaumaturge C3 in your build and you want to go Enchanter for R8, that leaves you with 3 free ranks to pick what you want:

If you follow my advice to include Linker in the build, the build would be like this:

Wiz C1 > Pyro C1 > Linker C2 > Thauma C3 > Enchanter

Why Linker C2? so you can get Joint Penalty lvl 10 which affects 8 targets, and Swell Body lvl 10 also affects 8 targets (the skill goes up to lvl 15 affecting 10 targets but you won’t be able to link 10 targets without Linker C3 so it’s better to leave it at 10 and use those points elsewhere).

Build would look like this:

Pyro even at C1 deals really nice dmg even later on, but this is ONLY if you’ve Agny Necklace with you, which boosts Pyros’ DMG by a lot, you can also play around with Enchanter’s skill points, I picked the 3 buff-type skills, if you want to open shop or make some skill scrolls (like Reversi or Fire Enchant) you can change them, up to you.

As for stats, for a Thaumaturge is better to go full INT, the reason is that you’ve Transpose, which allows you to exchange INT and CON between the other, so if you’ve 800 INT and use Transpose, now you’ll have 800 CON making you extremely tanky (however keep in mind that you’ll have to heal all that HP so you might need to have a cleric friend in that situation).

You also have an attribute that comes with Transpose which allows you to balance between both, so with 800 INT after using Transpose you’d have 400 INT and 400 CON, I’m also not sure if nowadays you can recast Transpose to refresh the buff, back in the day you couldn’t so you had to heal up everytime you casted it…

If you’re willing to drop Thauma C3, you can go with this one:

Wizard C1 > Pyro C2 > Linker C2 > Thauma C2 > Sage/Enchanter (Sage being more usual ofc).

This one is quite popular since it can farm quite easily, deal lots of dmg, and get a lot of money of out solo dun runs because of Joint Penalty/Swell Body combo (taking into consideration how long finishing a run takes because of waiting for CD’s inbetween combos), Sage is more usual for this build because you can duplicate Fire Balls with it, you if you still want Enchanter you can go for it, but keep that in mind.

Note: With this many buffs, you’ll find yourself needing to buy Daino scrolls probably so buffs won’t be replaced with other buffs like Chrono’s or Priest’s if there’s one in the party.

1 Like

Heartless has a really good post and I agree with most of it, but to make a small counterpoint…

Unless you’re consistently playing with a cleric friend with this character, this is a bad idea IMO. Especially since you’re playing a mostly support character with minimal offensive skills, you don’t need INT so desperately you can’t sacrifice a few to hit the bear minimum recommended CON. If you try to play missions or dungeons (or, god forbid, R8 content) as a full-INT Thau with no dedicated Cleric, you’re going to be dying a lot and it’s going to be difficult since everything will pretty much oneshot you after a certain point. You also have to keep in mind that the boosts from Swell Left/Right Arm are based on your INT, so you’ll need to exit Transpose when you want to reapply your buffs. If you’re running a no-CON build that makes you incredibly vulnerable between castings.

My ThauC3 has 80 points invested into CON and the rest is full-INT. with Swell Brain and Transpose up I’m just short of 70k HP. That’s still plenty to facetank world bosses when there’s a Cleric handy, and I can fight without issues if Transpose gets interrupted or if I want to do damage. Considering the downsides of Transpose (doesn’t heal back to full, may or may not maintain HP properly when re-cast, can be interrupted and stuck on cooldown, weakens other Thau buffs when active due to INT-scaling, takes up a precious buff slot) you really don’t want to be that reliant on it for your survival.

Other than that detail, though, I agree fully with his build suggestion. Pyro/Linker will give you damage to carry yourself through the levelling process and JP/HK works nicely alongside Swell Body.

1 Like

Yeah I guess having a little bit of CON might help in that scenario, I pictured it as if he’s constantly playing with a Cleric, then full INT works, if not then yeah, 80ish CON and rest goes into INT is a better stat distribution, forgot to add that little advice in that long post hehe thx for clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the advices, you two, i guess the W1>P1>L2>T3>E1 would be my best choice, about gear i guess agny is a must , about armor plate or cloth would be best?, does Cafrisun is a valid choice till roxona?

Yes, Cafrisun can you get through most (even up to lvl 200 where things start to hurt) until you can get Roxona, usually for Mages/INT based builds they use Armor, Pants and Boots Plate and gloves Cloth because of the MagicAmp.

1 Like