Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with new cryo build

I want to make a decent damage pve cryo class so that I can solo if I need to. How is this build sound.

Wiz 1 Cryo 3 chrono 2 rune caster and sage

Cryo 3 for sure to get first pillar. Chrono for the haste and rune caster for the extra damage.

All int and some con?
Any suggestions?

Drop Sage for Chrono 3, then your fine

If you want to deal damage while having the cryo circle going for Cryo>kino or Cryo>Sorc might be a good option.

If wat you want to do is Run fast and one shot small field bosses, you should go Cryo2 kino1 chrono3 rc1/sage. With a good blessing you should do enough damage to kill a field boss without rune of ice.

Chrono is a class you never take below Circle 3, for many different reasons.
Sage, despite boosted, is still no DD class.

I am running a W1-Cry2-Psy1-Ele3-Rc1, full INT.
It combines the heavy burst IW+PP combo with all the different Ice Skills during the downtime of the combo.
It’s weakness is ofc that it gets interrupted during the channeling of spells easily requiring you to position yourself very carefully.
It’s neverthelss fun to play makes the most out of Rune of Ice.

I have something similar though its wiz 2 cryo kino ele 3 rc.

Cryo is like cryo 1 or cryo 3. I suggest op to go wiz 2 instead of cryo 2

IDK why ppl want pp+ icewall combo in a chrono though. It brings 0 utility but somehow fun. It gets old real fast though

I can see why many prefer wiz2 over cry2 here.
I wanted cry2 because the IW+PP combo is too weak with only cry1
Ofc Wiz2 on the otherhand increases the chances of a succesful combo

I’m cryo3ele3rc1, and i’m heavily considering Wizard2 as rank9, depending on upcoming options. Elementalist is a high DPS by itself, and Icewall + frost pillar + electrocute is an exceptional combo for single target.

Hi, everyone!
I am making my first wizard build. Mainly will be used for ET/PVE and maybe later PVP as well once IMC fixed it.

I have regular circle of friends who I partied with end game and recently we all decided to mix it up and choose new character to level up. My decided role will be wizard class (wiz-cryo3-chrono3-sage to be exact).

I am following this build and have got to Cryo circle 3 atm but now I have some questions about how I should distribute the remaining skill points.

I have maxed Ice wall, snow rolling and frost pillar.
As per the guide above I have also put 8 pts under Ice Blast but I am now starting to wonder if I have made an error in following the guide.

I am toying with the idea of putting some points in Subzero shields instead.
I have 12 skill pts left to distribute between Subzero shield, Ice Blast, Ice Bolt and Ice Pike.

Should I:

• leave Ice Blast with 8 point as it is and max out Subzero shields while just putting 1 pt each in Ice Bolt and Ice Pike?
  • 10 pts Ice Blast, 10 pts Subzero shield and nothing on Ice Bolt and Ice Pike?
  • Keep going with guide as it is.
    Or any other alternatives.

Any input from you are greatly appreciated.

Taking into account you are doing a support build, you shall not max ice blast at all, getting subzero shield is really good in PVP and also against melee targets. suggest having a high vl of subzero, but you need 1 point in ice pike to freeze targets infront of you in an instant cast and ice bolt is slow cast at lvl 1, i find lvl 3 cold bolt to be the minimum needed to cast fast enough.

Thanks for the input.
So let’s say:

• 8 pts that were already put into Ice Blast.
  • 1 pt in Ice Pike
  • 3 pts in Ice Bolt
  • 8 pts in Subzero shields?

How crucial is having Ice Pike and Ice Bolt in PvP or ET?
I was under the impression with Subzero shield, Frost Pillar and (possibly) Ice wall I have all CC that I would need. Not to mention Chrono’s slow and stop and Sage’s missile hole.

Ice Pike is a pretty reliable AoE freeze for ET, not PvP, and Subzero shield is the best of the skills in PvP, ice bolt is also really good , but if hit you lose the cast. Ice pike is pretty bad in PvP since you need to be close range, useful on already frozen targets.

Thank you for your kind input.
I will take your advice and hopefully when next resetevent comes I can re-distribute the points again.

Every time i see stop level 1 i cri. Stop is an amazing CC skill for ET floors where you dont need to kill the monsters, but just control them, it has the same area as Pass, so its easy to hit or lure mobs into it. Slow on the other hand is a small aoe that only binds them, but mobs can still attack, and its hard to hit everything with it. You can still damage mobs that are only slowed, but the situations you need cc for are when you dont have to kill the mobs, but disrupt them.

Also Backmasking should be a single point to be used for ressurecting dead party members, additional levels only increase the area which is pretty wasteful of points.

I agree with Fenatte for the Chronomancer skills.
You should max Quicken, Haste and Pass. Backmasking 1 is more than enough. Slow can just be forgotten. Stop is situational, but when it’s useful it’s incredibly needed.

Thanks for both your input.
I do have question though. How much is ideal pts to put into Stop?

If I take 4 pts from Backmasking and all 8 pts from slow, that will give me lv 13 stop.
That is 13 sec stop duration for 100 seconds cool down. Is that really a big impact in ET?

I saw other guide that recommend 8pts in Stop. Is that sufficient in your opinion?
If so where should I put the remaining 5 kill points?

I’d say Stop is just where you dump your excess skill points, i actually leveled quicken to lv12 and opted to max Stop myself, but i think thats entirely preferential. I kept slow lv1, but i don’t really use it. So i’d say Stop level 13 is a good option, since investing in slow/backmask isn’t really worth it

I see.
Thank you for your kind insight, sir!

Hi what about stat points for Cryo 3, Chrono 3, Sage? Is it advisable to put all in CON? tia

Hi there.
Since noone else answers I will try my best to assist.

The build that I’m following advises either hybrid INT and CON(1:1) or full CON.

Since this is not my first character I decided to go with full CON build. Due to the current difficulty of the game, I blitzed by the first 100 level of the game really fast.

With pardoner blessings, 5 hammer (from my first char), arde dagger and Cafrisun set my current Cryomancer is still going strong (currently lv 178). I do notice that it is now harder to solo dungeons and instance but solo PVE contents is still a breeze.

The event pledge instances helps as well in boosting your level. You can keep killing mobs as long as you leave the siauliai ogres alive.

2 Likes