Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with my Onmyoji build

Hello

I have a crazy idea that’s probably going to suck real bad but the concept itself sounds so fun to me that I can’t get it out of my head. Problem is, I don’t know how to skill it. Can someone help?

Here it is:
Onmyo-Shad-Wl

It isn’t that much of a crazy idea. One thing to note which I’m not sure you know is that Ying Yang harmony has an attribute that boost dark property damage by 20% for 1 sec per attribute so that is a plus since both your Shadowmancer and Warlock gain from it.

Back to the skill distribution. This is just my personal opinion so maybe others can chip in and help as well. Infernal Shadow is almost a must max for bossing. Considering you have wide AOE on your Onmyoji and pretty good AOE on warlock, it is very useful not just for yourself but for party as well when you use it on bosses. You can probably take points off Hallucination or Shadow Conjuration.

I think getting 1 into Evil Sacrifice is good. You can redirect Invocation Spirits to enemies or redirect your Dark Theurge spirits to enemies. Also, it has no CD so it is a pretty good 1 point wonder.

Yeah, that’s why I stuck in Warlock for Darkness attribute to boost dark skills even more, but that’s about as much as I planned ahead ^^ Mediator on max lv has like 90% uptime. I’ve never played any of these 3 classess, that’s why I turned to forum for advice.

And here I thought it works only on mobs.

I think the attribute is quite expensive if I’m not wrong? Can’t really remember. Don’t need to start investing every single point into it and try to get most of your main damage skills to 50. The build isn’t that meta but it is pretty solid. You got good single target DPS (Shadow Thorn, Pole of Agony, Masterma), good AOE (literally all Onmyoji skills, Demon Scratch), nice support for bosses (Infernal Shadow, even works on Velco from what I see in youtube). SP consumption might get pretty high though because you have a lot of short CD skills to spam (Onmyoji skills have short CD and Shadow Thorn has 4 overheat)

If you are looking for another class with dark synergy Bokor is good as well. Enemies affected by bokor’s “Hexing” will gain additional 30% damage at max attribute.

I’ll stick with what I have, the build is great so far (tho ATM I’m grinding at DP2 where Shad skills feel pretty weak, but I’m still only lv 162 and all mobs there are dark property).

But for Warlock portion, wouldn’t maxing Dark Theurge be better than max Invocation? I have like 4 skills that can inflict Fear debuff (Tiger Roar + 3 WL skills, one of which has 2 OH), and from what I understand Invo generates spirits from killed enemies, kinda like Zombify. I don’t know if DT gathers these to use as shield or it just generates them, but that +50% dmg against feared enemies sounds good (on paper at least).

So my option at the moment is wether to max either Invo or DT and put remaining 4 points in the other skill.

Dark Theurge generates its own dark spirits. I personally prefer Invocation because in maps such as CMs whereby mobs constantly spawn in the same area, having multiple kills in that area can spawn many invocation spirits. It is a personal preference i guess.

Bokor is better than onmy, buff 50% dark dmg.

I think you mean 30%, Hexing’s attribute only has 3 levels.

I happen to chance upon the exact build that you have in mind so maybe you can take a look at this video

1 Like

Thanks, but after trying that build, to be honest I don’t really feel it that much. Onmyo is awesome but the rest - eh…

But I saw a hint to a build on another thread: Sorc-Onmyo-Tao
I love Sorc, but I’m not a fan of the synergy classes like Bokor and Necro. The pure versatility it brings is just… Love it. Servant max is not needed, 3 is enough in it. I heard Salamion heals better the higher it lv is.
Onmyo rules, Tiger is awesome, Water feels ok, Toyou is kinda eh, but I guess it’s better to put points here rather than Tree which works more like weaker version of old Ice Pillar. YinYang, well, I hoped it would be like other circles, but instead it channels in front of you, but the damage rocks so it’s ok.

My only problem is Tao. Never played it, even when it got moved to Wiz tree. I checked your builds and I get them, but my biggest problem lies with Divine Punishment. I know it;s only numbers but it seems like a shame to put only 2 points in it rather than maxing it. Lv2’s 1721% vs max’s 2377% seems like a lot, but I never tried it so I can’t really tell.

Anyway how does that build look to you?

I see from your replies that you are fixed on getting Onmyoji since you love it so much. The AOE is awesome. Taoist is great but like you said it, Divine Punishment is subpar. This is because it has a long casting time and also you probably be much better off using other skills that take such a long time to cast the skill. Taoist is great with Tri Disaster Charm, although this skill works best if you have a Pyromancer or Cryomancer to make use of the elemental damage. Creeping Death Charm is extremely powerful on bosses that don’t move much and Eradication is a good 3 overheat medium AOE spam.

Sorcerer is good but for this case it would probably be more of a filler class by having an extra summon to have high auto attack. You should probably still max servant because after all it is a party buff and your entire party gets the benefits of the buff. Sorcerer however works best with other summoners such as Bokor and Necromancer because Desmodus increases all summons damage and Salamion heals the summons too.

If you are interested in Onmyoji and Taoist, may I suggest Psychokino as your third. Onmyoji boosts Gravity Pole and allows it to do very high damage. Heavy Gravity also allows mobs flying mobs to be hit by Toyou. Teleport is also useful to gain the distance you need to cast Ying Yang Harmony.

If you are looking at other synergy with Onmyoji (with or without Taoist), below are a few good options

• Psychokino-Onmyoji-Taoist: As mentioned earlier, strong AOE, stronger Gravity Pole, good single target DPS with Taoist. Also, bonus mobility with teleport
  • Pyromancer-Elementalist-Onmyoji: Pyro+Ele is a really strong combo that which you probably already know if you surf the forums much. Onmyoji Firefox also boost crit rate of fire spells. The damage from this build is probably one of the best, but crowd control wise other builds can do better.
  • Pyromancer-Psychokino-Onmyoji: Pyro+Kino is weaker than the Pyro-Ele combo in general, but with this you get a very strong Firefox boosted Gravity Pole like I mentioned earlier. This however do not have the single target DPS that Taoist provide.
  • Onmyoji-Warlock-Runecaster: This isn’t the strongest build but if you are looking for something a bit different this can work as well. You can take advantage of the dark boost from Ying Yang for your Warlock skills. Masterma makes enemies take more damage from Rune of Justice. Rune of Protection is also useful when you need to cast your charging skills on Onmyoji and Warlock (Demon Scratch). You however miss out of single target DPS.
  • Cryomancer-Psychokino-Onmyoji: This build has a lot of crowd control. Also, you have the Icewall+Psychic Pressure combo (although it is going to get some slight nerf in future).

If you love both Sorcerer and Onmyoji, Psychokino works as a good fit as well. Onmyoji + Psychokino itself already have great synergy and Sorcerer would be great as a filler class for both. Taoist is generally a very good choice for any build because of the single target DPS it has.

To be honest I played Sorc-Necro-Bokor for a while but it felt like a total clusterf**k, and maybe I played it wrong but bossing felt subpar (like Siaulai).

So my reasons:

Onmyo, yes, the king of AoE, nuff said.

Tao for that single target bossing.

Sorc is the “Jack of all Trades”, I know people praise Froster Lord as the best summon but honestly I like my Gorkas for mobbing and Marnox for bosses (tbh I don’t have FL so I can’t tell how it feels tho). It also has that “I feel cool” factor XD

All in all I’d call this the true Onmyoji build, because it has elemental attacks and can summon creatures to protect you.

Or I read Shaman King too much XD

Aw, so you gave up on Onmyoji Warlock and Shadowmancer? :pensive: @marvinconman

That video posted by icyruios is pretty awesome, IMO! :yum: Makes me wanna play the class combination!