Tree of Savior Forum

Need help with my character (pyro>link2>what i'm undecided on)

Hey guys, so originally i was going to go link3>alch2 but i’ve grown really attatched to this character and am unsure i want her as a pot slave. I was considering link3>chrono2 or link2>chrono3 but was unsure if it’s better to have cryo for that, does it really matter? I just want some opinions so i can decide what to do with her and if i should just make another character for a chrono.

Link2>Chrono3 is much better than the Link3>Chrono2.

Pyro works well with linker even as a support. Fireballs allow you to use JP on bosses to boost Lightning, Earth, and Poison damage. You can do it with Icewalls too but Icewalls have a longer cooldown, so you won’t get as much uptime as with Fireball. There’s also a recent kTOS patch that removes the JP debuff when the target is no longer linked to anything, and Icewalls tend to break fast (in most cases, almost instant) when linked to the boss, while the Fireballs won’t die from taking hits from JP.

Thank you for the input :smiley: i’m glad to hear pyro isn’t a hinderence to what i want to do.

Also when we get Rank 8 you can take Linker C3 to max it, that is if the new support classes that they might implement don’t have better stuff than Lifeline with 1 min duration (using Pass from Chrono, which might be really nice for bossing with the right party).

Thank you for the advice n_n Hopefully c8 brings good stuff (and i also hope they give us the info for c9-10 so we don’t potentially mess up our builds for endgame) but if not i’ll probably go linker3. We shall see, hopefully they release the info on future classes soon :3

yep, to add on to pyro, you even get enchant fire to get that sweet extra damage line. It’ll be pretty important since your damage is going to be mainly auto attack (lets be honest, you’re going to have to solo sometimes in your life time).

Speaking of enchant fire is it fine to share it with party or is it preferable to just keep it on myself? So far no ones complained but i’m wondering what the standard practice is, if you know.

Well its basically the same as sacrament but a different element. No one complains about either of them (unless you have a very specific party setup that uses all buff slot for important buffs, we are talking about things like earth tower type importance).

I’m currently Wiz C1 - Cryo C1 - Linker C1 and I kinda regret going for Cryo instead of Pyro since it works better for Linker… final build is supposed to be Linker C2 - Chronomancer C3 full CON, I guess I’ll reroll and get Pyro so I can atleast use my dmg attribute on bosses with fireball/joint penalty with ease…

@ImVeryJelly okay, thank you :smiley: i’m glad i wasn’t bothering anyone with it.

@frankrodriiguez1996 i’m sorry to hear your having regrets D: i usually hear cryo/chrono so i thought i might be making a mistake. I wish you luck with rerolling. You can always save this build for an Alchemist if you are unhappy at least.

I’ve rerolled like 17 so far because I can’t find a character that I like, I like some aspects but others I don’t so I end up rerolling.

Hopefully this is my last char that I’m finally happy with xD

Wow, i admire your dedication with all that leveling :o Good luck finding a character that makes you happy to play n_n