Tree of Savior Forum

Need help w PVP Murmillo Build

Hi, my idea is to use the following build: SW 3 - ROD 3 - COR 1 - MURM 1. Take advantage of pain barrier lv 15, and Corsairs Hook CC skill.
I have no experience on murmillo and rodeleiro. I wonder if someone can guide me through which skills apart from the ones I already mentioned are worth investing.
Stat wise, i think full CON will be my path so I wonder if its ok to invest in gung ho, or concentrate, etc, double slash. I think bash 3 is a must right? For CC…

Hi there!

For Rodel C3 you want:

• Max Shooting Star (top damage, multi hit)
  • 1 point in Shield Charge & Slithering (charge for knockdown/back, slithering for magic immunity)
  • Max Shield Bash (top damage, quick skill)
  • Max High Kick (quick skill, decent damage, strike debuff)

That leaves you 23 points to spend on other skills and this is where it is open to interpretation.
I currently do it this way

• 5 in Montano (good for knockdown and slow)
  • 14 Targe Smash (good damage, decent AOE)
  • 8 Shield Shoving (quick root and decent damage)
  • 0 shield push (i find this skill is too slow and only 1 OH makes it questionable)

Given that diminishing returns are a thing, I stopped using Bash completely since I would rather have the knockdown from Shield Charge to move clerics out of safety zone.

For Murm

• Max Scutum and Headbutt (high damage, stun and debuff)
  • 1 in cassis for obv reasons
  • rest in frenzied slash for the gap closer + decent damage
  • 0 in Evade Thrust (not strike dmg, small hitbox, slow to use)

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Full CON is questionable since you need some points invested in STR and DEX for accuracy and block penetration. I would recommend to have 100 invested in both of these, or more.

Gear matters more in pvp now, so even if you are full CON you will still get melted in pvp and the goal is to be able to actually be able to damage people and not get blocked/dodged too often.

I have 14 in gung ho for the damage increase and max pain barrier and double slash. I still have 1 in bash but i would probably get rid of it soon.

1 Like

You can go high CON and low DEX, just for block pen. You get very little accuracy from STR and you can get it from equips/gems.

I’ve tested 40 str and 145 str (invested) and I’ve got to say that I didn’t see much difference. I’d rather invest those points in DEX or full CON if you want to be a meat shield (0 damage).

if u aim for PVP/TBL and choose Sw3 and Rodel3 u will die so fast even full con because your block still same as cleric.

About Murmillo u need to know
1.Murm is attack class with attribute bonus damage skill for shield user.
2.Murm need buff and attribute for tank from Pelt and Hop.
3.Rodel doesnt give any buff to you only good dps skill.
4.Slithering and Shield charge is sand bag and good knockdown skill.
5.In TBL many people die from physical more than magic = u need high block rate to survive.
6.Murm helm not only give bonus damage skill from shield user. it also increase block chance (low block rate didnt help much) and have chance to immune magic but reduce movespeed.

2 Likes

Man, you should really get shield push at lvl1 as it’s actually really quick and it does a silence for 10 seconds (with the attribute)

ok, talking about pvp, the first thing u need in ur build is, survival ability, if u choose swordman, then u will face ur enemy in close range mostly infront of u, in order to do that, u need hoplite3 because of the finestra to boost ur block, u already got chance to nullify magic attack with chasis, and finestra will make u even stronger

for the other class is up to ur choice, wether u pick sw3 or not as long as u have hop3, corsair1, murmil then u good

senpai lym :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Do you speak from experience? I play sw3/rode3 and I survive just fine. The trick is to just not run in and facetank everything.

In SA server, I played yesterday with a guys with exactly the same build as yours, and he did very well, 130k hp, high damage, full solmiki abdochar trans10,

It’s a good build, but you need high investment.

so, in plain character hop3 ->murmil will have more chance to survive than rodel3 ->murmil,
because even if u have great keyboard skills, u cant running away from enemy that can hide, such as shino and scout, and long ranged dps such as those SR with solmiki pistols, and appraisers blindside is so deadly too

so if u have those great armors then its up to you, go and make ur rodel3, u will be great because rodel has more dps skills

1 Like

Hop3 has much less crowd control so it is very hard to land a hit.

The reason Rod3 is so good is for its status effects in addition to high damage.

Thx a lot guys for the input =). Im still a bit confused stat wise. Dex and Str.
Ill be using set of plate solmiki (boots, gloves and pants) and set of cloth solmiki (brazelets and armor) and the last one either (necklace)

yes. I never see sw3 rodel3 can fight againts cleric, archer and cc top10 in my server.

That why good build always have Corsair1+Rodel1 for some crowd control and restain cant stunlock any more with mass control effect. about addition dmg Hoplite3 have 20%dmg skill to player and have spear lunge for evade slash+synchro thrust or head butt with strike skill. I want to confirm about high kick debuff is nerf to 30% isnt it? last time i play rodel3 is in rank reset week.

some test with hop3 att

1 Like

if u aim for high rank tbl this time u need high block penetration about 500-600 for cleric or cc with solmiki robe. accuracy about 200 for hit some full dex build.

Cassis Crista makes you block/evade some spells and missile attacks so, no, you “block” more stuff. I do have a full CON murm and I can get top 50 easily simply because I can avoid most damage and still be useful (Iron Hook) wearing shitty equips (Shade Skirt, Keyarc Plate and such). I deal 50 damage but I have no prac/hg weapon and 0 attribute points invested.

PD’s Disenchant and Lancers are the only real threat to me. But I gave up on playing as murm. It needs lots of money to be tanky AND damage dealer.

Let’s discussion.

Yes, Cassis Crista give u some and really need high invest con but cant compare against Pel+Hoplite3.

My murm present block (no c guard), block pen, cri rate and cri resist stat for build study.

if I go full con that block will 1200+. It’s mean even lancer full dex cant penetration but my murm will become a sand bag.
sw3 rodel3 cant get high stat like this for sure and cri resist is important to murm too like get half physical damage.

some tbl 3-3 gameplay with my team advantage will record more if that match not longer than 8 minutes.

I don’t like Restrain because it’ll proc CC immunity very fast and it isn’t a great CC skill. By going pelt>hop>rode, you get pelt evasion bonus, spears, useful CC skills (montano CC animation isn’t canceled by CC immunity). You also keep your CC skills to use at vital moments, like Shield Charge against someone insinde Safety Zone, you get Slithering (full magic evasion with a low CD skill) and a boost to your strike (Murm) skills.