Tree of Savior Forum

Need help, my second Paladin attempt

Hi everyone, my first paladin build failed, to much priest i guess… : (

pls help me to improve my build. I want to be a tanky melee paladin, that can help to heal and buff the party.

That is my build.
Is this playable? I dont want to play Dievdirby, dont like it. I want to go priest fpr the defence buff and the rez. I can heal with heal 10.
Is this an okay build? I know its not as good as dievdirby, but as i said, i dont want to pick that classes, same for krivis, i hate stationary buffs : )

If this build is playable, is it all STR, or should i put some points into INT ? Is a hybrid viable or total fail?
Or doesnt int matter because the bonus for the heal is too small?

Thanks for your help!

Updated it a bit, is this one better?`

Class selection is fine, arguably priest is a bit niche due to blessing scale off rather quickly and resurrect only being desirable in a few difficult runs. (ET mostly)
But it’s still a good skill to have in case things go wrong.

Stat wise:
You lack dmg options for a int build imo, go full str with a dash of con and maybe dex if you want evasion/crits.

Skill wise:

• Cure is not important for a str build, leave it at lvl 1. Max Divine might, 1 in fade rest in D prot.
  • Not sure how important skill levels are for restoration/conversion, but it looks good. May want to move points from resto to resist elements.
  • Incineration may be nice with the debuffs from paladin, not sure really.

The cleric3 variant gets a bit better healing, and that’s pretty much it. I’d go with your first variant tbh, a res is very nice.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply! I feel much better/safer now! @Wurmheart I will go Str/Con only (dex only if needed later).
Most important reason for priest was not only the rez, but the Armor Buff, isnt Aspersion very strong? 28% more defence sounds a lot?

blessing is useless later, i know that, but alternatives sounds bad as well : )

so you think priest c1 > cleric c3?

c3 got better barrier, better healing and +1 skill

i cant decide : (

The buff itself is decent, but it’s defense from armors that’s lacking compared to the dmg you’ll receive in pve.

And pardoners sell 1-2h versions of the maxed buff.

Guardian saint was rubbish last i heard, it’s mostly the heal from cleric3 that’s beneficial. But mob dmg scales so high i’d say its better to have a res just in case.

Esp when in ET a dead party member needs to walk up to the floor the others are at. Which can easily take minutes.

1 Like

thx @Wurmheart !
are you sure that you produce aspersion scrolls?

Confirm Not Work Skill (Any skill that require item to use and some specific skill)
Cleric : Fade, Guardian Saint
Priest : Blessing, Aspersion, Sacrament, Resurrection, Revive

i cant decide yet, i loke both, but im not sure how good “Divine Might” from C3 is. Its so hard to decide : )

thanks again for your great imput!

Not scrolls, spell shop sells them.

hence they last 1-2 hours each, which is much cheaper tbh.

1 Like

So much to learn… Good to know! Thanks for all that stuff.