Tree of Savior Forum

Need help building a wizard for pvp

Hello! I’ve reached R7-C15 on my Doppel a week ago and decided to start on a character completely built for PvP. I did try to PvP on my doppel but it was a horrendous experience. SO here i am

I am currently a full con Wiz 1 > Cryo 3 at level 106, planning on taking this path:

But after checking the TBL rankings (i shouldve done this sooner), I’m starting to doubt my build. From what I remember, Cryo 3 > Psychokino 3 was THE PvP build everyone was fussing about, but the top 30 rankings say otherwise:

2 Necromancers
1 Psychokino
10 Warlocks - are they elememes?
2 Chronomancers
1 Featherfoot
1 Linker
1 Sorcerer

Seems like only 1 person could be Cryo 3 > Psychokino 3, the most popular build seem to include Warlock, and the top player is a Necromancer. Is the build im going for obsolete? Or maybe it’s because no one wants to play it because it’s hard to level, which would explain the number of elememes (if those are elememes) being the most popular in pvp?

If this build is obsolete, can anyone recommend a nice pvp build? I want to focus more on crowd control (if it’s still good), not so much on DPS because I want to try something completely different from my main.

Also curious what the builds of those top ranking players are. If anyone could tell me that would be great!

TIA

TLDR; is Cryo 3 > Psychokino 3 still good? If not then what is?

edit: I dont want to reroll (full con make me cry) but if I have to then I will

If you are playing strictly for PvP I’d recommend some of these paths:

1. wiz 3 - kino 3 - warlock
  2. wiz 1 - cryo 1 - kino 3 - necro 2
    3- wiz 1 - cryo 3 - kino 2 - warlock

Why? Well, your build lacks of damagen and with one of those builds you can go full CON, have a lot of CC in each build, and 1. quickcast 2. summons and 3. DT+Invocation will provide you enough damage to burst almost everybody.

1 Like

Those are most likely not elememes, elementalist is just decent for pvp, there are better options. Those warlocks are most likely psy3, linkers, sorcs.

I think the best wizard build for pvp as of now is w3psy3warlock, full CON.

1 Like

@neith720

Yes this char will fully be for pvp. I love my doppel for pve and im really looking forward to R8 for it

@neith720 @lagunarealm48

So wiz3 psykino3 warlock is more of a balanced build between CC and DPS? Can it still do strong dps if I dont plan on getting high level enhance attributes too much? I dont want to spend too much on it since I’d like to focus my funds on my main.

I’m sorry for all the questions. I was ok rerolling for my swordsman a lot of times but leveling full con wizard is much more difficult than I thought it would be. So I want to make sure I get it right the first time.

I’d say lvl 50 atts is enough. Prioritize dark theurge, magic missiles, pole of agony. The most expensive thing for this build is Animus, it’s kind of a must, but I’m guessing you already have one since you’ve been planning to make a full CON wiz.

You’ll have an easier time with this one becaue magic missiles is really good for killing mobs.

One major change that happened to that build that is that Gravity Pole was nerfed. In PvP, it no longer makes targets unable to act (i think the term here is bind); it only deals a small amount of damage while pulling targets towards the pole.

I don’t think it’s obsolete. I think it’s just unpopular since full support type classes are too reliant on their team and people just don’t want that.

If you were referring to me (Tampon), I’m sorry. I’m a Cryo3 > Kino2 > Linker1

Again, I don’t think it’s obsolete but if you want a safer, more independent, choice then maybe go for one of these:
Wiz3 > Kino3 > Warlock
Wiz3 > Kino2 > Necro2

The ones I’m familiar with are:

1. -Harabas - Wiz3 > Kino2 > Necro2

2. Tampon - Wiz1 > Cryo3 > Kino2 > Linker1

3. LARENA - Wiz3 > Kino3 > Warlock

4. Ysobolus - Cleric2 > Priest1 > Krivis1 > Paladin1 > Oracle1 > Kaba

5. DeEmperor - Wiz3 > Kino3 > Warlock (or maybe elememe. not sure)

6. Lymsleia - Wiz3 > Thauma3 > Warlock

7. GHOSTZ - Wiz3 > Kino3 > Warlock

8. Draft_Legend - either W3 K3 Wlock or elememe

9. MadCat - Cleric1/2 > Priest 2/3 > Monk2 > Kaba

10. Amuroz - Wiz1 > Pyro1 > Kino2 > Chrono3

12 Jomuko - Wiz3 > Kino3 > Warlock

19 Stereosonic - Wiz1 > either (Pyro1 > Linker2) or (Cryo2 > Kino1) > Chrono3

22 Burgers - Archer2 > QS3 > SR2

I guess yeah.

1 Like