Tree of Savior Forum

Need feedback on my tank build

Hi there,

I’m kinda new to this game and looking for a solid build to tank the end game content (pve). I’ve done some research and found out that there isn’t a specific way although some builds are more preferenced than others. Still i like to get some advice on mine.

So my current class build is S1-> P2 -> Hop1 and my orginal route was S1 -> P3 -> Hop1 -> Dop2. I know that Doppelsoldner is more focused on damage but being able to do so makes it easier to keep the aggro.

During my research i found out that going Palestra c3 isn’t that necessary, leaving a gap between those spots…(still don’t know how to fill this, maybe hoplite c2??) I also found out that most of the tanks go for a fencer build(evasion + dex) but my current stats are 2:3:1 (str:con:dex) and the finestra skill (hoplite) doesn’t function with the rapiers. Evasion is a good extra for any tank but the main problem for tanks is the magical damage, right?

I also did some research on the rodelero class. Is it really worth wasting two cirlces for the slithering skill? Or just use an extra set of armor which focus on reducing magical damage.

So am i screwing myself with this build, or should i keep going?

Sword 1 > Peltasta 2 > Rodelero 2 > Squire 2 here.

Pelt 2 is enough to be honest, haven’t really found many situations where my Swash Buckling doesn’t take all enemies on the map. Rodelero’s slithering is buffed a lot in kTOS and there is a good chance that they’ll implement these in iTOS later down the track. If they do, slithering will look like this:

Source

This means Slithering will be up 50% of the time.
10 sec magic immunity is very nice as it allows me to group a bunch of monsters together in those 10 secs for wizard to AOE them down without having to run around. Especially useful in tight spaces.

Squire repairs will be handy, and the repair / weapon maintenance / HP recovery foodbuffs are nice for long dungeons / grind sessions. However, note that none of these are absolutely necessary if everyone in the party brings their own supplies / buffs / repair kits.

So how does this compare to the current tank meta of Pelt 3 > Squire 3?

The tank meta can also deal with magic mobs by taunting then running around to gather them together. Squire 3 is meta mainly because of its foodbuffs - HP recovery and SP recovery. HP recovery especially, combined with Krivis’s Aukuras / Sorceror’s cat buffs can bring down your HP/SP regen time to 1 sec (lowest), meaning each second you will regen HP/SP. This is why it’s meta right now.
You can read more about this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4jgghy/pelt_c3_squire_c3_doubts/?

So how does my build compare to the meta?

Squire c2’s food buffs will require you to be paired with Krivis c3 to get HP regen time to 1 sec, whereas Squire c3 only requires Krivis c1. Krivis c3 is pretty rare to see, although now with ET being cleared by Krivis c3 uing Melstis, we might see more Krivis c3 around. SP regen, however, is impossible to bring down to 1 sec regen time without Squire c3 I think, as cat buffs only go up to lv 5 (someone please confirm).

I’m not gonna be like the other “experts” out there talking up their builds as if it’s the best there is when they’re only like level 150. The mechanics of the tanking meta are all here laid out for you to make choices on (at least the important ones), rest is up to you.

The rest of the stuff I won’t bother with. Physical damage is not the problem at high levels so I won’t bother going into why Hoplite’s additional block is unnecessary.

Be warned though, there are video of parties finishing all 20 levels of Earth Tower (end-game dungeon) WITHOUT a swordsman, so tanks might be totally unnecessary unless they nerf Melstis to not sustain immunity buffs for such a long duration (almost no downtime)

1 Like

Thank you for the responce/feedback.
I’m still wondering if the patch will ever come to iTOS. Heard storys about patches that only made it to the kTOS servers but who will tell.

It’s too bad i already took the Hoplite in one circle. Guess it’s up to me now to make the best out of it, maybe squire/maybe rodelero.

Your build isn’t too far from the current meta build to be honest, you can continue like this:

S1 > Pelt 2 > Hop 1 > Squire 3

As I said earlier, the Swash Buckling on Pelt 2 is enough and Hop 1 will give you a little bit more block and an option to use spears. Also the most important part to the meta is the Squire 3’s lv 10 food buffs, so you’ll still have that.

Having said all of this, if you wanna go down the path of Squire 3, be prepared - it is no easy task. You do literally no damage due to dumping most of your stats in CON and starting from Squire 1 you have no combat skills at all. Your solo damage will be sad and it’s literally impossible to solo after lv 200+. If you can get into a party most of the time, that will be your best way to level up.

There are many people that are very patient and committed to full tank, but ended up rerolling at Squire 2 due to the boring playstyle. It’ll feel more like a chore than anything else. Also, as I mentioned earlier, ET right now doesn’t require swordsmen at all. Think carefully before going down this path.