Tree of Savior Forum

Need feedback about: RPG Maker

Short: I search for opinions on RPG Maker games, to improve mine.

Longer: I’m making an JRPG in RPG Maker MV (with Yanflys plugins) and need feedback. My goal is going commercial someday, may it be trhough direct sales or crowdfounding.

Main Questions:
What did you hear about RPG Maker games? Did you buy/play any? Was the price right? What setting would you like to see more off? Offputting things?

Goals for my game:

• setting is mostly medieval with quite a bit of magitech (FFXII)
  • story is idealistic, but the characters have to work for their satisfactory ending
  • lore and character development is not neccesary to watch, is instead given to the player through an encyclopdia and through Skits (Tales of …, FFIX)
  • main theme is about the dangerous magic of this world and its effects
  • round based, charge turn battle (CTB) (FFX, Atelier Iris 3)
  • battle system revolves more around using the right skill/character instead of dps
  • battles are strategic but can be fast if your skill is high
  • no switching in/out of characters, four main characters in party and story, no more (Atelier Iris 3, FF2)
  • very rare or complicated ways of healing in battle, but characters heal fully after each battle
  • magic system is an more dangerous version classic magic
  • enemies are not just fancy being of HP and attack, but follow specific patterns (taunters, berserkers, commanders, etc.)
  • certain regions have restrictions on them (FF6 fanatics tower)
  • no overworld map, instead hub world with missions (Odin Sphere)
  • missions are available depending on numerous factors
  • NO random factors, no random encounters, no random skills, no random drops, etc.
  • crafting

Pending Goals:

• upgradeable hubworld
  • crafting system is based on battlesystem (as in, you “fight the forge” to craft)