Tree of Savior Forum

Need build help for chrono

I’m having a problem deciding which classes to take before going chrono, so I thought I’d ask some input in here about my ideas. I do just pve, so no need to think which would be good for pvp. I’ll most likely play this character with friends, maybe soloing some quests.

1. Wiz c3, thauma c1, chrono 3
    This would give me surespell, quick cast and magic missile. Magic missile would add even some dps for soloing or partying with a small group, surespell and quick cast would be more for the future ranks, allowing me to get some good dps later on when we get more ranks. Thauma would give power buff, changing mob size for grinding and give me transpose so I could go with full int for soloing and again keeping in mind the future ranks. Soloing would be painful but maybe doable…?

2. Wiz c2, linker c2, chrono 3
    Again wiz c2 for surespell for the future, I dont really like pyro or cryo c1 anyway even if they would add a bit dps for soloing. Link 2 would be really nice for partying/dungeons. Soloing with this build would be absolutely terrible so I would need a party always. Would need to go full con so future ranks would also need to be support.

3. Wiz c1, cryo c3, chrono 3
    I guess this is pretty much the meta right now for chronos. Good cc from cryo, not sure if cryo will help with soloing at all? Full con would probably be the best choice also for this build, which limits what you can take in future ranks when they come out.

I guess the main point is which one of these is the best for grinding, partying and dungeons, especially in endgame and future wise? I really like the idea of the 1st one, but will it be much more useless for partying compared to the other two?

I’d say the 2nd and 3rd one are the best combos for Chrono.

However keep in mind that Surespell can’t be shared with Spiritual Chain, so it’s better to get Pyromancer to go with Linker since you can link your Fireball with the bosses so they get the dmg increased from the Joint Penalty attributes.

For me, if you’re doing support you will know that you don’t have to deal any kind of damage.

3rd one is the most popular. You can still do solo quests (not like the 2nd build which doesn’t have any kind of damage source) while maintaining good CC for your parties.

Also is good to mention that going Cryo3-ChronoC3 path leaves you with 2 completed circles so you can max out any of the new classes when we get rank 8-10 from there, while as going Linker C2 and if you want to go C3, you won’t be able to max any of the new classes to their full potential.

I highly recommend wiz3>linker1 over wiz2>linker2, if you decide to go the future proof DPS support route.