Tree of Savior Forum

Need alchemist build suggestions

I’m trying to make an alchemist (for PvE only, mostly solo, dungeons/missions in party) and for my 3rd attempt I would like to hear suggestions, pros and cons for each of 3 build:

Wiz1 -> Wiz2 -> Linker1 -> Wiz3 -> Linker2 ->Alche
Pros:

• good amount of linked mobs
  • Wiz3’s Magic Missile
  • no penalty with damage in comparison to ice builds
    Cons:
  • too few, low damage skills, especially until Wiz3

or

Wiz1 -> Cryo1 -> Linker1 -> Cryo2 -> Linker2 ->Alche
Pros:

• good amount of damage skills
  • good amount of linked mobs
    Cons:
  • Wiz3’s Magic Missile will be missed
  • penalty to damage with some ice resist mobs

Wiz1 -> Cryo1 -> Linker1 -> Cryo2 -> Cryo3 ->Alche
Pros:

• good amount of damage skills
  • moderate amount of linked mobs
    Cons:
  • less linked mobs and time for damage than Linker2
  • penalty to damage with some ice resist mobs

So if you have free time and knowledge to share, I would like to hear a constructive feedback on those builds.

you’ve already tried Pyro-Linker-Alchemist variants? I think it’s probably the best build for Alchemist, especially with the Agni Necklace coming

If you’re going for the first build, I would sort of recommend you go Wiz3 before Linker 1 just to get magic missile and quick cast (for the bonus damage). My alch went Wiz3Link2Alch3 and was able to solo all of the pre-R8 quests (aside from Maven Abbey, since you can’t link Red Nuos) mainly using the JP+HK+MM combo.

The main problem with this build is: once you hit 200+ and have to deal with the stupid numbers of elite mobs, you’ll only really be effective when you’re able to link multiple enemies together. Otherwise, as is the case with boss fights, you’ll have to slowly fight it out (which can be painful). If you have a party for questing, it’s not really a problem.

The CryoLinker builds will be most effective if you’re in a party, but if you’re solo questing, I’m not sure how painful it would be – my cryo3 friends always felt that they took a while longer when fighting. I’d recommend the Cryo3 build over Cryo2Linker2 since you would get Snow Rolling and Frost Pillar, whereas Linker2 would only really give you more links.

If you want to get into a grind party, you should definitely have at least Linker1 or Cryo3 in your build (i.e. have some form of support since your damage will be subpar since you’re sacrificing 3 ranks).

I believe Pyros are getting better with Agni Necklace, but I’m not sure how that scales yet so I can’t comment too much on it. Any combination of Pyro-Linker would probably work nicely (or if you like auto attacking, grab quicken with pyrolinkerchrono and use Stop for your fire skills, lol).

Yes, I’ve tried Pyro. I’m interested and can’t decide between Wiz3 and Cryo2/3 as damage source.

I wonder why Cryo3 fights longer? Since Wiz3 has only Magic Missile with a decent damage, but Cryo3 has multiple skills with moderate damage + Snow Rolling as a source of good damage, but, of course, with a long cooldown.

I believe my friends were usually a bit higher in CON than INT, so that might have contributed to it. But Snow Rolling also takes a while to cast and has a long cooldown. If you’re going high INT, then it might not take as long to fight.

Wiz3 does only have Magic Missile, but the JP+HK+MM combo is extremely strong and will clear mobs very quickly and the cooldown on JP is only around 22 seconds.

I have no idea how long a cryo3 would take to clear higher levelled mobs (ex. 5 red truffles or something) since I can only say what I observed from my friends, but wiz3link2 with successful links + large mobs can usually clear a mob in a few seconds.

I think it goes down to: Cryo3 if you want more steady and constant damage although with slower mob clearing. Wiz3Link2 if you want really fast mob clearing every 22 seconds, but slow/painful times against monsters 1v1.

1 Like

I see. Thank you for your input, Mistreil.