Tree of Savior Forum

Need advice on how to build my Chronomancer

Right now my wizard is only level 27 or so, but I plan on becoming chrono3 eventually. My planned route is wiz, pyro, linker2 then finally chrono3. Leveling has been pretty slow right now, and I imagine it’s only going to be more painful as I get higher level. My question is should I ditch the two ranks of linker and go pyro3, chrono3? How important is it to have linker2 for pve? I’m leveling solo because no friends, but do plan on joining a guild in the near future. This is purely for pve. Thanks in advanced for any advices.

I think there are already several chronomancer builds so I would suggest looking those up before making a thread.

As for your questions, it depends on what role you want to fulfill in a party.

For a support build, I suggest going with Linker 2; however, this might be a little slow for solo leveling since you’ll just lack damage later on in the game (if you don’t have a party with you).

For a Hybrid DPS-support build, you can go Pyro 3 and ditch Linker 2; however, you will lack CC (crowd control), especially before you reach Chrono, so setting up your skills will be very hard, especially since pyro skills are placement dependent. (You’ll want a linker in your party for this route).

If you are truly lonely, there’s nothing wrong with going a solo-oriented build that can still support well in parties Linker 1, Pyro 2, Chrono 3, especially since many claim the difference between Pyro 2 and Pyro 3 is very small. The Linker 1 will help give you some leeway with setting up dps with joint penalty as well as offering you some CC (though Linker 1 is definitely not at good in a party as Linker 2).

You should go cryo 3 instead of pyro 3

That way you will have cc and dmg to lvl with.

Pyro2+ has the useful property that Fire Pillar can hit enemies frozen by Stop.