Tree of Savior Forum

Necromancer without Quick cast

Is that a big mistake ?

I am currently building an wizz pyro link3 necro3 build for maximize linking potential and pyro as a filler class that can contribute with damage and links with fireballs and Agni necklace.

i never see anyone trying this build, can Necromancer work without Quick cast ?

The difference between cast Animation and damage is that much ?

Thanks in advance.

The thing is
MM>JP>HG work Really well with MagicMissil (Even when they gona nerf it, it still solid)
You also got QC that gona great with both Flesh canon and Flash strike and a good mob cleaner with Flesh hoop .

Pyro damage by himself isn’t that great lategame and somemob at higher lv are immune to link (JP), your best tool are your necromancer ability in those time and summon will probably take quite a bit of time to clean 1 300khp mob whitout link soo your burst spell are needed in those moment.

I’m not saying ALL mob are immune to linker but you will found more than one and ever hear 1 dungeon of R8 got some immune monster to link.

Anyway, even after all I said… I don’t think the build is soo bad at all. Never done a pyro/linker soo i can’t say much about it… I just know whitout agni necklace that gona come out pyro dps won’t do much vs 1 not linked target.

My plan is to keep agni necklace, damage wise i think i dont Lost anything from missile trading it for pyro spells,

Also pyro 1 skills have a such low cd i can keep spaming then without worry, Fireball lv5 can make 100k AoE dmg alone with Agni if i can succefully land it near The mobs with 15s cd and flame ground have almost 100% uptime with lv5.

My biggest worry is cast time of flesh Cannon without Quick cast, Also dont know how the multiplier of Quick cast work with flesh Cannon but i think The hit count increase from link3 will make it viable.

And Yeah those mobs with link resist are scary :frowning: those are counters to linkers like me unfortunaly but at least they dont do any boss with this resist thing and theres a workaround for those Who resisted link, they can be linked but not targereted as link so drop fireballs and pole and Target one of those objects can do The trick

@momory32

Up discussion /atleast20characters

Again /atleast20char

Quick cast is taken for its +50% damage buff attribute. The lower cast time is a bonus for some skills.

If wizard magic damage gets higher at rank 9+, quickcast buff will get more value.

Yeah that damage buff is realy holding me back right now on my build, but i still can see good things on this build mostly linker3 , pyro can do crazy amount of damage with just Agni , since wizzard is more of a support role i like to think that droping fireballs and pole then linking will help my party dps a lot, Also necro3 offer some good debuffs for an offensive support (mostly notable for archers). The corruption thing can work on bosses ? This will delete his armor ? If só it realy is good @greyhiem

decay don’t work on bosses. “Armor effects”.

Sad :slight_smile: but you think link3 necro3 still stay relevant for offensive support?

It’s not ideal… But you can get by with it…

Think of it this way… Trading Wiz3 for +Link1 +Pyro

Pro:

• Can use igni neck to do good damage (but realistically it will be nerfed)
  • Enchant Fire is always useful but will decrease some in R8
  • +2 links for JP
  • Can increase party stats with lifeline, assuming people don’t confuse it for phys link and run.

Con:

• 50% less matk (doesn’t do anything for summons)
  • 100% more cast time for flesh cannon / flesh meteor
  • No surecast, hard to cast flesh cannon when you’re getting shot or swarmed

50% more cast time ? Thats huge !

He meant 100% more cast time.

Ah yeah, you’re correct from the perspective.