Tree of Savior Forum

Necromancer Re:Build

Is Necromancer in Re:Build got nerfed since you can only summon max 5 skellies?

As I’ve seen from the videos, they still hit like the previous skeleton which is 12k per mobs in room 9 which makes it only 12k x 5 or higher is the limit :sad:

It should be summoned focus but what happened :frowning:

Its alright. You got zombies from bokor. They kinda strong now. Its somewhat “balance” for full summon build.

wait 5 skeletons in total or per skill??

5 Total.

And apparently the skeletal summon skills share the same CD.

1 Like

it means there’s never any reason to use anything other than the archer skeletons, as shoggoth’s decay increases missile damage. unless they nerfed that aspect of shoggoth.

some enemies are too good against phys attack that skel wiz might be useful and don’t forget if they all scale the same skel soldier still has some kind of an AOE since it’s melee

i see that in the skill simulator website skeleton summoning skills have 5 overheat.

so i think how it works is like this.
every time we use the skill we summon 1 skeleton and we can mix and match to a maximum of 5

so i think if we use skel archer > skel archer > skel wiz > skel wiz > skel soldier
we would have that combination.

or else what is the point of “5 overheat”

edit 1 : summoner has always been like a bastard child of Tree of Savior.

1 Like

I feel that they nerfed necromancer too much. It is not that strong before but now it is weaker than ever.

And people saying it’s fine because you can pair it with bokor then, it will be a requirement to get bokor. I can’t explain it well but it will be still a linear build.

Also, for example each skellies hits 12k.

Before: 12k x 10 = 120K damage
Now: 12k x 5 = 60k damage

It is still the same damage and now its lesser.

Note: Skeleton Wizards expires for 1 minute after summoning (if I read that right) and that sucks big time. Sooooo gg.

I hope they change it before launch, Necros were not in a good spot before Re:Build and now they just decided to nerf it… i like the aspect of choosing which type skeleton you want but maybe they need to increase the cap (and make the duration of skeleton wizards the same as the others)

2 Likes

The monsters in the rebuild patch are weaker so I can see why the damage, not only in necro but in all classes were decreased.

Oh i remember. If you dont want bokor. Another alternative is pyro. Enchant fire gives additional hit for your skellies. Just dont know how strong but come to think of it. 5 skellies x2 hits. 10 hits not bad?

I’m not used to Bokor builds (I’ve never played with any cleric character), will it be viable to build a Sorc-Necro-Bokor?

I’m playing now with a Wiz3>Thauma1>Sorc3>Necro3 and I love its synergy, but Wiz will lose Thauma and Surespell, so I have no idea what to build from now on hahahahaha

I love playing a full summoner class that my summons do all the damage while I have to take care of them, buffing and giving enemies stacks that increase my summon’s dmg

If u want to rely your damage on your summons, Bokor-Sorcerer-Necromancer is your build.

But, if u want to use your minions as meat shields, so Necromancer is your best option. Simply because of the sheer amount of minions and how reliable they are (u don’t need to kill another monster on the top of a circle to get them). Really good option for boss-fighting.

Reducing the number of skeletons would be fine if they increased the damage and size while all have the same duration. It would give each type a specific niche and you would have to smartly pick which one to use when. But just reducing the numbers while taking away attributes makes little sense, especially as you loose SPR as well.
Skeleton Soldiers should be one of the best choice as Disinter is loosing attributes I believe, thus reducing the corpses you gain. Gather Corpse is as bad as it always has been and Dirty Pole for the corpse gathering glitch is also gone.
Will be difficult to keep a comfortable level of corpses because every skill uses them and re-summoning also costs corpses.

Not sure about “Entchant Fire”, it does flat damage, which isn’t that high to begin with. You would need to max it and even then you could spent points on other skills instead that make more sense. Your summons don’t even gain anything from the MATK the buff gives you as only the weapon and its gems count… .

The overall direction they are trying to go isn’t bad but the execution just sucks. Make the different skeletons more diverse, increase their size, keep the 5 max limit and give each their niche where they excel. Would even open up Skeletons for other classes to use if they need something specific like meat shields, range support, magic support, etc. .

By the way, they also nerfed the tower as well. The only good thing they did was removing Flesh Strike as it never made sense to begin with, even the Shoggoth exploding attribute was garbage (shoggoth has 4 min cd, why would you want to explode him?!).

Finally, the way I see it we are going to see different kind of summoners:
The one that is fully commited with picking Necro, Bokor and Sorc
The one that needs some meatshield support who only picks 1 summoning class
The one who focuses on summons but picks a defensive or offensive option. The increased damage makes Cryo a viable defense option while other classes can give you offensive potential, for example Featherfoot (sustain, poison damage, needs debuffs, etc.).

Sidenote: The new Wizard Shield is amazing for Summoners. High SPR, High SP Regen and the reduced Hit Limit makes it so you always take 20% reduced damage. Now the clue here, if you ride your demon you take 25% reduced damage, adding these up to 45% reduced damage while riding your demon. =P
Removing the Hit Limit on Spell Shield really is amazing!

@flavi0ishtar
Just to let you know, the Attribute of Thauma, Swell: Summons, overwrites the buff the Shoggoth gives your minions (reducing damage by 30% on necro minions and 15% every other minion, 30s duration, Shoggoth rebuffs after 20s). I tested that with someone in a Duel and it could be an oversight or they intended it this way as Thauma is moving out of Wizard anyway, rendering the attribute useless.
You need to decide, 10% more damage done or 15-30% reduced damage taken. I switched off Thauma for that reason as the summons can get low if the damage they take is too high and especially the 30% on Skeletons/Shoggoth/Tower/Pole are great (not that tower or pole care much (they only take 1 dmg per hit anyway).
Surespell is gonna become a passive for all Wizards, just to calm you down.

@Hmmmm
They need to share CD so you can only have 5. As a refresh refills all Overheats you can pick and choose what you want.

@kazekumo15th
I think that Necro should work on its own and not only in combination with Bokor. Necro is one of the original and most thematic summon classes, it should be reduced to a support choice for Bokor.