Tree of Savior Forum

[Necromancer] C1 Overview and Feedback

btw does shoggath give decay debuff after summoning for 5min (max attribute) ? even if you’re going through the map? or when it wears off would it apply decay again?

The decay attribute on shoggath makes it basically be a mobile dirty pole for up to 5 minutes after summoning. You have to resummon it again after the duration is up to get the effect back.

1 Like

Decay is broken.
There is another thread similar to this bulleting the overall issues with necro. The issues are extensive. Basically, Necro can’t be considered a competitor with completely broken AF AI.

Here is the quote from another post I made(also quoting original author)

A fletcher can make 1000’s of arrows. A necro has a 300 corpse limit with skills using up to 10% of that pool. Necros have to set up their gathering abilities appropriately or not be able to gather corpses. If I could pre-gather 50,000 corpses, we wouldn’t have this problem.

Necro is fundamentally broken as a circle 7 caster. No one comes close to cookie ele3/warlock dps. I’m not asking for damage. I want pets that aren’t in special education classes.

Having shogoth lead ahead of you as a tank or meat shield it is… or having a 80+ range AOE taunt aura for it would make it more viable, including animation and attack fixes.

Base AI issues across all pets need to be addressed. Other issues as listed by another in a diff thread, I’ll quote

"
•If you use “Flesh Hoop” and “flesh Cannon” right after, your “Flesh Hoop” dissapears.

•His pets AI is a joke…

•His pets run way to slow… they are left behind if you level at normal speed. because they stop following you if you run out of vision range (screan-vision)

•Shoggoths attack animation is like watching matrix with slow motion effects.

•Skeletons defense, hp attack, or any stat does not scale with anything. my skeleton are the same with lvl224 and lvl 280 (~2600hp, 1k attack, 0def)

•You cant resummon skeletons, for example if you have lost your skeletons on the map, thanks to a elevator or teleport, the cant resummon them because they are still alive…

•Pets should have some kind of reduced aoe-dmg and increased knockback resistence…because they are permanently thrown across the room dealing zero dmg at bossfights.

•Because pets are chasing mobs for ever and, they will run out of vision, and i they do they will stop any action…they are just standing right next to their target, watching it. NOT HITTING.

•decay doesnt work on mobs…they are affected by it. but their max hp isnt reduced at all !

•“Corpse Tower” and “Dirty Pole” are just ■■■■…

•IF you gave us a 2nd ressource to spend…atleast give us some kind of 2nd ressource bar…its a joke that i have to open my Necronomicon to check my corpse-count.

•Since “Flesh Cannon” is the only real dmg abilty of a necro, its rather weak compared to other wizard abilitys at the same level. (Rank6 for example) “Frost Cloud” has no cast time at all and deals more dmg…i shouldnt even mention Rank7 since warlocks “Pole of Agony” and “Dark Theurge” are superior to everything ingame and of course they instant casts aswell…but thanks for the 3s casttime on “Flesh Cannon”
"
All of these fundamental issues needs to be fixed since the EPIC nerfbat hits to sorc and necro have rendered this circle 7 build full blown retard.

On the AFK farming note, semi-afk is 20-25% effective, full afk is not effective due to the competitive market and how shogoth just goes off willy nilly and doesn’t come back. Skellies die super fast, so they’re useless af.

I can 100% super farm while actually playing. Any caster or pew pew class can do the same, actually better because their damage is instant cast or instant. Even melee, can auto attack with a weight on your attack button for afk.

What does this class bring to the table? A whole lot of disappointment.

3 Likes

@Relkos Hello, I was going to build the very same path as yours, and very happy to see someone actually had experienced this build. Are you having problems with flesh cannon AoE with the absence of linker in the build? I’m still in doubt to include linker 1 in the middle to prevent hassle with FC’s AoE, but thaum2 right arm is too good to pass up (maximizing FC damage) along with reversi.

@pradigunara
Without having Linker1 or even 2, it does make the control of mobs around you a bit more complicated. You could, as I do, gather your mobs one by one, circling them around you to one area using Flesh Cannon knowing where they will be stopping at.
Flesh Cannon’s AoE ratio is not bad, your biggest worry is having your mobs stay in place. Yes of course, having linker makes it all a lot easier to by linking them, gathering them in one spot for a simple kill. In all, Linker actually makes it easier for all wizard classes to AoE, unless you have a skill to gather up your mobs, such as Cryo3’s Tree of Life.

I don’t really have any issues with the AoE ratio of Flesh Cannon, is not amazing but not bad at all. The only problem is that once you have Flesh Cannon casted, Flesh Cannon will still hit the area you have chosen and possibly only hit 4-6 times if the mob is moving. I usually don’t have this issue with bosses at all, as they are XL mobs that have a wider enemy circle. You can though, move around after Flesh Cannon is casted while it is hitting the area. If you can figure out a way to make them stop in front of you and use Flesh Cannon at a specific time, you wont need to be a Linker yourself. You can also use sleep, which is my method. Even if they are spread out, you can still manage to hit the center of where they are all sleeping and you will most likely hit all of them with Flesh Cannon. Besides, with Thaum2 in your build, you wouldn’t essentially need Linker. My damage is so high, I rarely use any skills, I most of the time AA (Auto Attack) jump around and everything dies pretty quickly. If anything I’d use Magic Missle only once. I leave Flesh Cannon and Flesh Hoop for boss fights mostly.

Flesh Cannon’s AoE ratio is fair, I do not have any issues with it myself. You may need some special time to get use to it, but I personally have no complaints. Thaumaturge2 makes me too strong to even worry about Linker.

On the other hand, I can bet 80% of Wizard builds have a Linker (Not counting the WIZ>ELE>WAR). Meaning, you wont have to worry about being a Linker yourself, you are pretty much bound to see one while you are leveling in a party.

I got some questions.

I got atm wiz1/cryo1/kino1/linker2/necro1 and i must say i like necro a lot.

The necro potions are not really much of a issue, 500 a piece, for 100 that’s 50k silver, and they last for a long time.

Links + shoggoth is actually really good, as he hits everything and actually aggro’s them in order for me to hit flesh cannon easily.

Anyway.

My questions:

1. shoggoth enlargement attribute, what does it do? and does it actually work?. It’s kinda expensive but was thinking about maxing it. Anybody has experience with it?

2. Disinter is it worth it? it basically a working gather corpse solution? does anybody use it? and with it do you still need corps potions in general?

3. skelletons, what damage do they really do? are they good for tanking monsters with? is there a way to control them.

4. what card do you guys use in all 4 slots?, i currently leveling mineloader. but is there a better card?

5. flesh cannon higher level has longer cast time? currently the 5 seconds cast time it has now is doable, but if a higher level increases also its cast time, i kinda don’t wanna move into it.

6. anybody get any experience with featherfoot in combination with necro, and can he tell me how he likes it.

So far rank 1 in necro, but i really like it so far. specially with linker. it even makes shoggoth aggro large groups which makes flesh cannon a easy hit.

@Gatygun:

1. It makes it, well, bigger. And ups the HP. Its more a novelty thing than anything so you can live perfectly fine without spending on it. I got it to lv5 just to see if it’d look a bit cooler or something but eh. Wasn’t impressed. I was hoping for it to become a giant fleshy monstrosity but it just got like 50% bigger or something. Most of the times I don’t even notice it proccing.

2. Some like it, some don’t. Personally I wasn’t too impressed with it because you’ll still be chugging corpse pots and Disinter’s SP cost make you just burn more SP. Its just 1 point tho, so no harm to touch it. I never used Gather Corpse so don’t know if its same case as Disinter, but cool visual thing with Disinter is that your Flesh Cannon/Flesh Hoop will use body parts from that you gathered.

3. Mine are lv5 and do about 1k damage each. However they are squishy as sin. I need to put emphasis on that. Expect bosses to aoe them with ease. Don’t expect to AFK at Dina Bees overnight and think they’ll be alive by the morning alongside Shoggy, they won’t even remotely. Doesn’t help that they sometime spawn with half HP(this was claimed to be fixed, but its not). In the future there is a HP buff to them, how much that matter I don’t know.

4. I use Archon but the differences between them is not massive. I think there is only 3 different cards atm you can use(someone correct me if I’m wrong). Glackuman provides the slightly the most damage where Archon is slightly more on the HP bit over Mineloader if memory serve me right. There is also a bit difference in their other stats like DEX, etc, but those scale so poorly they don’t matter in my opinion.

5. Fairly sure it don’t increase. Never noticed it do.

6. While I’m not FF myself, friend I play with have one. I’ll honestly make this part short based on what I know from him, while FF work fine with Necro1(I was debating on picking up FF myself but went ultimately with Necro2 in hopes of Necro3 paying off), not having Wiz2/3 may make your life as FF a bit more frustrating(which is the case with my friend). However, being Linker2 ofc helps some with that.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reaction mate, now i know a bit more about it. So it basically comes towards the point of if i’m interesting in c3 necro or not. I will think about it. Thanks again.

Anyway somebody asked me to test if ice wall still aggro’ed necromancers summons. which isn’t the case anymore it got fixed it seems. ( also asked me to post it here )

Here’s proof.

Necro-FF here, and I can say that it works really well. Necro offer the burst damage that my build lacks with Flesh Cannon, and hold it fine with just one rank. It is much better buy enchants for it instead to go Necro2 in my opinion. Not much to say here, if you got FF probably you are looking for a solo gameplay. Also, stacking decays are fun.

My build is Wiz3-Link2-Necro-FF, my skill rotation are basically links, MM, flesh cannon and blood bath.

3 Likes

Well necro 2 will give me more summons which will do more damage on my links, i’m kinda happy with my little soggoth. his damage is pretty darn solid with links combined. It also prepares me for c3 necro if i would like to move into that way. So it’s basically a setup for the future.

But then featherfoot is kind interesting, because it adds more decay. and decay is dam strong from what i saw. It also adds hp regen which means i can use flesh hoop a lot more effective, and the bone seems to tank for you. Add with it extra damage. ( not like i need much more damage tho )

So yea i dunno what to do really atm.

I just tested decay out with dirty pole level 1 and soggoth with max attribute and it’s wonderful, specially with ignition burn going off like madness.

Thanks for your reaction tho, maybe i will still move into featherfoot after all.

If you are looking for summons, then Necro 2 and 3 are really the way to go! Those Skeleton Archers seem promissing, if they are indeed controlable. I just mean that in ways to increase Flesh Cannon ad Flesh Hoop, more ranks of Necro aren’t worth it. Attributes are better (and more expensive).

But who knows, that ‘Flesh Meteor’ seems to have potencial to being another good burst skill, if not, at least, is one more skill to the rotation.

So it basically comes down to what i want. More minions that damage my links or damage i output myself.

I’m having the same problem too, I’m not sure If necro 1 is worth it then go FF for c1 and c2, since necros c2 c3 is all about summoning and no new magic burst skills lng flesh canon, I am leaning towards FF for now. Wonder if they’d buff the skeletons because everyone saying their too damn squishy atm.

Its nice to hear that necro 1 with attributes could still burst down, which lvl mobs are you pertaining too?

The preview looks like a bigger aoe debuff from shogath? cause it only deals 800 damage, so I guess it isn’t a nuke like we thought it was

skeletons are squishy as of now because their main purpose is just to dish out damage each hitting 900- 1k dmg and a fast atk spd. and in c3 in rough translation theres and option to either buff the summons or go for a stronger decay, and another thing is on c3 it states that you can now control where the summons will atk.

and on c3 we can finally make use of dacay’s bonus missile dmg. yay

oh and one more thing if you guys just summoning shogoth on c1 you can use gather corpse on tree crystals to gain 1 every now and then im pretty sure before you finish the map you can get back that 30 corpses spent on shogot. im on necro c2 and i never bought the 500 pot of corpse from necro master. if i ran out of corpse ill just tp to west sialadada watever the name is. and gather corpse on the compiled mobs.

1. ) its just more hp, for me its not worth it causei always summon shogot every cd for the decay debuff he brings. so i dont need more hp from him and he doesnt die that easily as you know.
    2.) its very worth it if youre gonna spam skills of nec, youre a linker too the same as me so you can hangman them, then die in 1 spot which is good for disinter cause disinter’s default range is small if there’s no attribute bought.
    3.) they deal 900- 1k dmg each and fast atk speed. no theyre not good for tanking 2 - 3 aoe and they die, but no worry cause their main role is just to dish out dmaage i got no problem since my TS take all the aggro, and you can just spam summon them if they die with disinter youll have no problem in corpses.
    4.) so far glackuman is what i found the best to use, lvl 6 mineloader = lvl 1 glacukman on stats that matter.
    5.) its the same currently on 10
    6.) no idea, but if youll ask me ill just go for nec 2 to prepare for nec 3 which will improve a lot of skillsets of current c2
1 Like

did you put skill points on flesh hoop? how useful are they?

i did not. i will if they lasts the whole duration, but they dont they got a limited amount of dmg tick they can deal, which is not stated on the skill. if you plan on pvp nec , this skill is good against cloaked players though.

Eh, I wouldn’t put too much hopes on the Skeleton Archers being missile types, considering that all summons in the game right now (Bokor Zombies, Summoning-Templeshooter, etc) are using some sort of neutral type melee damage (50% dmg vs ghost armor).

Flesh Hoop is OK, but nowhere near as good as Flesh Cannon.

As of now, the only reason to go Necro C2 is if you want to AFK farm, its better to go for FF/Warlock if you want better overall dps.

reason to go c2 is to afk farm? eh sorry but you cant afk farm with skely, and you cant lvl up shogot further. theyll die the moment you left your pc. the main reason is just flesh lvl 10 and just preparation for stronger decay in c3 when it hit iTOS maybe in a year lol