First of all, we’d like to thank all the guilds who are participating in the Territory Wars beta test in [NA] Klaipeda and everyone who is taking the time to leave their feedback and comments.
This post is going to be a summary of some of the feedback we collected from the forums, the GTW survey and in-game. We will update it as necessary as the test period continues, so make sure to continue participating and letting us know what you think of the new content.
— APRIL 19, 2018 —
Boss Monster Specs
- Boss monsters take too long to defeat. Too much time is spent trying to get the boss buff.
- We need to reconsider whether the buff reward is worth the time spent obtaining it, and whether the bosses’ specs are set too high.
Boss Monster AI
- The boss in Inner Wall District 8 walked all the way down to the entrance to Steel Heights and received the Safe Zone buff.
- We may need to set a shorter maximum distance from the original point where the boss spawns.
- There’s no need for the guild currently holding the Spot to appear in the points UI.
- When multiple guilds have 0 points, we need to revise the order in which they appear in the points UI (since they don’t really have a place in the ranking).
- Some players say they couldn’t see the points UI. We need to check this too.
- The main results window is still being displayed in Korean (we need to edit the graphics).
- When the results window pops up for losing guilds, the emblem of the winning guild changes to a different one after a few seconds.
- The bonus obtained from destroying an Amplifier only applies if your guild is inside the Spot. When the guild defending the Spot has a strong defense, the Amplifier bonus ends up not being well utilized.
- Our goal in having the Amplifiers spawn as different guilds seize the Spot was to help disperse players away from the Tower, but in the test that didn’t always happen.
- Part of it may have been due to how the map is structured, with its small areas connected by narrow passages accentuating the problem.
- We might need to consider new Amplifier buffs besides the +5 movement speed, like additional damage or other bonuses useful in PvP.
- Many players feel like the GTW still need better optimization. We’re currently preparing a new patch intended to address different optimization issues (like improving stability during quests) that’s expected to help with this aspect.
- We also received several reports of client crashes. The latest patch related to these issues is being applied to our kTOS servers very soon, and we hope to bring it to iTOS as well in a future update.
- Meanwhile, we’ve installed performance profiling tools to help us respond to server-side lag problems, and we will continue to collect performance data for our next optimization endeavors.