Tree of Savior Forum

My Whisper system is broken after maintenance 7/19/2016 [Orsha]

server : orsha

team name: KnightStark

i have this problem when i whisper a friend and i speak with him a bit, after some messages i can’t whisper him, the same happends to my friends, after some relog is fixed but only for a few minutes.

@GM_Francis @STAFF_Max

server: Orsha

team name: Jinnxo

I experienced this bug too. I tried testing out scenarios with a friend to see how to replicate this problem.

So basically, what happens normally is when you whisper someone, you get a whisper chat box for that person and they show up on your whisper list. You can delete people from your whisper list by clicking on the “x” button.

What this bug does, is that when you whisper someone and you don’t delete them from your whisper list before changing channels/switching maps, the game automatically deletes them from your whisper list.

Unfortunately, the side effect of this causes you to not be able to see anything you are whispering to them or vice versa. However, as long as the other person has not changed maps/channels, they can see everything that is being typed between you two on whisper.

There is kind of a workaround for this: If person A whispers person B, and person A does not delete whisper B from his whisper list and changes channels/maps, then the bug will trigger. To fix this, person B has to not change maps/channels and delete person A from his whisper list. When person B re-whispers person A, both players will be able to see the whispers and resume as normal.

I guess the takeaway from this is that you must diligently close all your whisper boxes from your list before changing maps or channels to not encounter the bug.

If both players change maps/channels without closing their whisper lists before hand, then they are both screwed. They won’t be able to see each other’s whispers at all and there is no way to fix it as far as I know.

Anyway, hope IMC is able to reproduce this and fix it.

Hello Saviors! Kindly try to restart your game to see whether the problem gets fixed. If the issue still persists, please let us know through Support.