Tree of Savior Forum

My thoughts/ideas on Skill Scrolls

So… I actually don’t think skill scrolls are a bad mechanic and I wouldn’t want it to be removed personally. But it definitely doesn’t work perfectly so it needs some revamp.

What is worrying about skill scrolls for me is:

• that it kills off other characters
  • you have to use too much of them and you are relying too much on them (like if you would always have to pop 10 scrolls before you go to battle…it would be annoying)

Ideas for solutions:

• I think scrolls should get a global cooldown. I mean if you use a skill scroll all skill scrolls would get a cooldown of maybe 60 sec. That would prevent ppl to use every skill scroll possible. There could be an overheat btw so you can use 2-3 scrolls before it goes into cooldown. (or enchanters scrolls for example could have different global cooldown than pardoners so you could already use 2 types of scrolls “instantly” after each other)
    Also Pardoners themselves could have an attribute that reduces the global cooldown or adds additional overheat but only for themselves so they could utilize the scrolls more than others.

• In general skill scrolls shouldn’t be as good as normal skills what is somewhat true already because of the attributes… but not totally. So it has to be revised.

• Maybe the maximum level of scrolls should be 5.

• I think we should strengthen the part where it would be worth to use a skill scroll even if you have that skill. Like at the moment because of the different cooldown you can put down 2 Cures after each other. It would benefit Pardoners too because they definitely can have both the skill and the Scroll.

• In the case of Krivis… I still think Krivis could endure a bit of revamp.
    If we would set the maximum level of Daino to 10 and there would be lvl 5 Daino scrolls then they could be additive. So even Krivis would need scrolls to achive maximum buff count…but it would be impossible without them. (but for sure Krivis would still need soemthing in return)

• In the case of Paladin. Just a sudden idea came into my mind that there could be a super cool effect when 3 barriers are down at the same time. That would be rly nice.
    Othervwise it should be reconsidered if barrier is rly needed as a skill scroll or how to make it a bit worse than the Paladin version. Maybe it could have half the radius of the original for example.

• I also thought about it back then that it is bad that there is no real logic behind what skills you can turn into scrolls with Simony. I think there should be 1 skill from every class that can be turned into a scroll…and maybe it should be only c1 skills. (but I got used to it as it is now…so whatever X) )

• Other little things that could be considered: double cooldown, cast time for every scroll, reduced effectiveness, reduced duration, buffs could turn into only self-buffs…things like that
    …or maybe implement more attributes to the skills that can be turned into scrolls.

That’s all for now I think. I may edit it later if something comes to my mind… and if I have time…

1 Like

i think you’re misunderstanding a bit.
Skill scrolls can be for skills only on the wizard class.

Which part made you think I don’t know how skill scrolls work? :smiley: I mainly talked about Pardoner’s Simony in my mind btw and most likely the skill of Enchanter will work the same way.

So you know Pardoner already makes skill scrolls of some cleric tree skills right? X)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don’t know what to think about Spell Shop. I wouldn’t mind if that would be tweaked a bit too. But we know that the Blessing of Priests will be better than the Blessing of Pardoners when it gets the buff at least…maybe other skills should get that treatment too.

Yeah … Yeah there is a reason…
I don’t think people would pay 1 k for a 2 min buff sacrement or 40 sec blessing etc…
Pardoner itself don’t have much combat ability or support. It a gold maker

• My thoughts exactly after this update…
1 Like