Tree of Savior Forum

My feedback and ideas (CBT2)

Hi there,

First of all, sorry for my approximate english. I apologize in advance.

I won’t dwell on the positives points of the game which are many. The beta is, above all, made to put a finger on what is wrong. What follows is not really debatable. This is only an opinion from my gaming experience and some comparisons with Ragnarok, first of his name, after few days on the game. I won’t dwell neither on the bugs which are normal to encounter during a beta and which have been very relayed yet.

Firstly, the xp balancing. This is something always quite tricky. Currently, the game is clearly oriented quests. This is a subject that often comes up on the forum. The grinding is difficult, especially soloing. The game pushes to play in party, but it is not always possible. We must think of all kinds of players. Some passage between two maps are great moments of solitude. I think it would be good to give less xp from quests and more from monsters, which would least floating between some levels and the ability to play without going through the quests.

An initiative that I found interesting from Gravity on Ragnarok, was the introduction of the Eden Group. In particular the system of weekly quests for every level, with large parties. The possibility of doing them was limited and it was creating a motivating group of investment.

Gameplay. I don’t understand why not recommended to play swordmen and clerics with mouse. I tested both classes and I think it’s quite feasible. I even find that it’s more enjoyable to play. Everyone does not have a gamepad on pc. By cons, everyone have a mouse. On the other hand, I find the keyboard quite detestable control and imprecise. The only case I found myself in trouble with the mouse is playing my sadhu. When OOB is activated, the displacement remains centered on the character and not the projection, which is rather disturbing.

The storage. What’s that way of doing spending money for each deposit and withdraw? It does not really encourage to use it, for example to save its gems, lost in case of death, especially after a game crash in the middle of a boss fight. Come back to simple things like Ragnarok. Charging the opening of storage and that’s it.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had the opportunity to test MVP battle. However, I think it’s a very bad idea to spawn mini bosses on defined points, especially every 30 seconds. (dixit miner’s village) It’s a call to bots and macros. In addition, a random respawn make the hunt more fun.

Those are the points I wanted to raise. Now I find that the game has enormous potential. I didn’t find anything really satisfying since Ragnarok, for me, the archetypal MMO, the reference. Tree of Savior meets my expectations. I find sensations of the past, a game’s fun that I had lost. Ragnarok 2 was a monumental disappointment. Tree of Savior gives me the hope to have a real continuity to the one true good MMO of my youth. For this, a big thank to you, IMCGames. Continue on this way.

Thank you for reading me hardly until the end.

Sincerely

Classes tested : Archer/Ranger/Hunter, Cleric/Krivis/Sadhu, Swordman/Highlander/Barbarian, Wizard

1 Like

Charging for opening is a bad idea like ragnarok it would charge you to look at your items even if nothing is moved. current system is better.

imo, you will spend much more with the current system. But as I said, it’s just an opinion.