Tree of Savior Forum

My Experience so far

I have started playing Tree of Savior since the 2nd CBT. I thoroughly enjoy the game. But since it is still in CBT, it is far from perfect. First of all, I found that during heavy traffic hours, the servers simply cannot handle the stress from all the events going on in the game. Things like picking up items on the floor became a nightmare, travelling to other locations requires the player to exit to the character selection screen or even restarting the game. I also found that when the servers are under heavy stress, some timing on quests may also mess up. For example, when an event on the main quest at the crystal mines, where the player finds the location of the miners and rescues them, the crawlers/spiders spawn, but the quest indicator was not able to update fast enough to record the kills I need. By the time when the quest indicator updates, all the crawlers/spiders were already dead, therefore the player is stuck there until the player exits the game, restarts, and redo the whole sequence of having the crawlers/spiders spawning and hopefully the quest indicator finally updates in time before the player starts killing the crawlers/spider. I have found this same issue on the quest to clear out the farms at an earlier stage of the main quests in-which also requires the player to restart the game if the quest didn’t record the kills on the monster. Other issues I have found during high stress periods includes delayed functions on actions with npc, warping, pickup etc, anywhere from 10 secs to 2-3 mins if you are not dc’ed by that time. But when the game servers are not in stress, game is smooth, none of the quest problems mentioned above happens. Pick up of items are almost instant, and traveling to different locations takes 2-3 seconds. I would conclude that most of the game problems are server stress related. But even when servers are not in stress, there are still some potential issues that I think should be addressed. Such issues are the random graphic flickering with the upper half of the screen appear to have black/warped lines that go across the screen that doesn’t last more than 0.5 seconds. Next, I don’t know if it is intentional, but when my character is under training for a passive upgrade on a skill, I could not apply any new skill points into a skill until the passive upgrade is done. In conclusion, I think the focus on improving servers are much needed to have the game functions running smoothly.

WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT WALL OF TEXT

Who would read it?

1 Like

Its all good but, format it a little better please, like break stuff into paragraphs :D,
ya know just for the average cry babies :smiley:

Basically complaining about the lag, you’re welcome.

1 Like