Tree of Savior Forum

My 2 cents of what areas of the game should be improved

First of all I’d like to thank IMC for delivering this what I consider to be an amazing and refreshing game.

I had a blast playing the Closed Beta and I’ll be writing my Bug report list soon (Even though I reported bugs ingame).

1. Combat

The first issue I’d like to address even though I haven’t played any caster classes this beta is the cooldowns.
I’ve been watching streams of other players and I noticed that some (if not most) cooldowns are very very long.
In particular I was watching a cleric playing in the levels of say 1-30 and the gameplay looked very frustrating (to me at least). Having to run around mobs for 20-30 seconds to get your skills up in an action game seems very… nonsensical.
I mean yes, there is the basic attack that you could use, but the damage is very poor, if that.
My advice in this area is to tweak the cooldown timers or remove them completely from certain skills. I think that cooldowns on strong, big area skills or very hard hitting skills should exist, just not extremely long.
I haven’t had the chance to see all of the skills in play but I feel like the caster/cleric classes should get some skills to use more often while killing mobs. Long story short, try to tweak around the damage and cooldown timers to provide something balanced to use more often instead of having to run around for half a minute waiting for your cooldowns. It beats the whole purpose of an action game.

1. Chat UI

I advise adding more customization in the chat.
I think it’s essential for the game to have the ability to choose what chat you want to enable/disable and to be able to create your own “Chat tab”. Example: Chat window “custom” will show normal and party chat only while not showing shout chat. We should also be able to scale the size of the chat window (I haven’t found an option to do that, I might have missed it).

1. Market

I haven’t played around with the market much this beta but what I would like to see added is the ability to search for an item you already own by say ctrl+clicking on it. Sort of a “auto-fill” feature, I just think it makes searching for things on the market easier.

1. Equipment

I know a lot of people might disagree on this with me but I actually really like the fact that the equipment level requirement is so far spread out 1,15,40,75. I think this is a good thing because it makes enchanting/upgrading your weapon much more relevant even in the lower levels.
I think more weapon/subweapon types should be added to the game for a wider spread of use. Daggers/Knuckles etc.
Also this is a very minor thing but I am not sure why the increase to stats is represented by red and decrease is represented by green? Not a big issue, but it might confuse people.
Also I really like the idea of finding rare recipes that require rare mob drops (Say Vubbe fighter gloves, I know they weren’t extremely rare, but the vubbe fighter blood took ages to get). I personally think this creates a very feel good achievement when you farm for a while and are able to finally craft it and find good use of the item.

I’ll add more to this post when I make more conclusions / get more ideas. Thank you all for reading.