Tree of Savior Forum

Music copyright when i upload video on youtube?

Have you tried to edit it? Certain music can avoid copyright if you edit it I believe. Last time, I was having trouble with a client’s work regarding about copyrighted music and editing it apparently lift up the ban.

Yes i knew it, but i don’t think it’s the case here, i want to say ToS is a game and as a gamer we should have no problem with this.

Editing as in put a short music at front (I did with mine, only 1-2 sec), kinda like an intro and it goes without a problem. Or maybe it’s just dumb luck that mine passes. There are other ways such as getting permission. The other, not sure if it’ll work, is to write “I do not own ANY of the soundtrack, all copyrights for audio goes to (name)”.

In that case, my video was 5+ hours length, you can’t bypass youtube by that way, and not all OST from ToS got copyright issue, just some of them.
And those was made by INgrooves

So i guess ur video didn’t have any music that got copyright issue
Example: This video below is 5 hours length and just 1 soundtrack got copyright issue make the whole video violate copyright.

I did use the same music though but on the second try with the edited one, like I said, prolly some stupid fairy luck, it passed without any problems.

Ah INgrooves, no wonder. You may have a hard time since it’s them. A lot of reports I hear regarding about their ridiculous copyright issues but you can find most of them if you google. The only thing that you can do is probably change the music to something else. (Floating Mirror - Symphonix) This one is being targeted.

Just hope IMC can do somethings about this

I checked mine as well and it is still got the copyright issue. Next time I stream or record this game, I’m just going to mute the music and play something else.

delete, move or rename all Symphonix BGM, i had same copyright issue. After move, everything was alright.

Why not make life easier for yourself just use Royalty free music website. I know it’s kinda stupid , but at least your content won’t be harassed.

you can’t use editor with video stream over 4h.

Other tracks, other band. Rly ?
BGM in map Demon Prison District 1

I know this is old, but need confirm from staff.
Is this issue fixed already?
@Staff_Julie

I forwarded it to my superior and it looks like we’ll send another inquiry on this. I’ll get back to you on this issue.

^^ good work julie.

Normally thing slike bgm and such are under an “use for non profits term” or “aloweed to use as promotional value”.

Youtubers might earn money from it. But not directly trough it, as it’s the videos that most want to see. (except single bgm bideos without action).

Most companies do the “do what you want. But don’t make a buisness otu of selling tshirts … mixed music… or anythign that would violate our IP. Outside of just psoting original content.”

Bookmarking this since I’m currently having this issue again. If they deny my dispute, I’ll have to point them towards this post. Thank you.

@Staff_Julie Any replies from dev?

Waiting on this as well, any words from your Superiors?

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_John @STAFF_J

Welcome to the new youtube. If you are not a billionaire you are screwed.

Hey there :slight_smile:

We are working with Blue Tunes Records to solve this issue. We’ve sent them numerous requests and they are in the process of trying to find a way for this to work without affecting their other music revenue. Hope I cleared things up a bit.