Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo - Hoplite vs Peltasta comparison

Are you talking about Brandish?

I would go for sword. Hits a bit less than brandish(on large targets) but has better stats and get more damage on upgrading.

Are you talking about Brandish?

Wingshard Spear (3 socket) VS Pierene Sword (2 socket) 330 Mdef

I would go for sword. Hits a bit less than brandish(on large targets) but has better stats and get more damage on upgrading.

What do you mean, that swords have a better damage improvement in transcending/upgrading items than spears of the same level?

I was comparing with brandish as I posted. Since you havent mentioned what spear you was talking about

Yeah now we are on the same page, which one is better? Since high level transcended gears have almost the same damage in terms of bonus, I am looking at weapon stats. Which is better in the 3 items I posted below?

I think you can skip Abdochar because you donā€™t need more pdef as a murmillo(guardian peltasta + aspersion).
Betwen Wingshard Spear and Pierene Sword, I would say go to Wingshard, but I suggest you hold Pierene. That sword will come in hand if you suffer with magic damage.

That 330 MDEF can mitigate 3k magic damage if you have Nuaele cards.

I will only hold one weapon for all eternity, it is between this 2?
Which one do you think is more future proof?
I already have 5 Nuaele cards in my body.

You will lose around 7k damage with your own debuffs(critical) and til 30k damage with other debuffs(serpentime, lethargy and etc) if you go for Pierene.

If you are ok with your endurance, go for spear.

Crit with just high guard

Crit with high guard and cassis level 10 attribute

Level 6 umbo
259 x 4(cassis) = +1036 base damage
1036 * 1.5(crit) = +1554
1554 * 1.7(enhance 50% and hoplite attribute) = +2641
2641 * 3.3(high guard) = +8718 damage on a crit for using cassis while high guard is on

The difference in the screenshots is 8861

I also have medium damage(from geras) and dark property damage (around 90) that I did not account for here along with the damage variance from geras which is 35( its actually 37 but -2 from two level 6 green gems with a level 5 roast).

Just take my word for it as I have tested it previously without any additional damage items and with 0 damage variance (just didnā€™t document it).

If cassis was a target modifier I should be critting for 30k without anything else.

This is my umbo crit without anything

This is umbo damage with high guard and cassis (non crit)

Iā€™m full str and have about 700 something crit attack and 1.6k-1.7k physical damage. Umbo attribute for cassis is at 10 and umbo enhance is 50.

What do you mean? Can you give me numbers? Because if these items are transcended to at least level 5 the damage between this two are rather negligible in the grand scale of things. However, MDEF is such a rare stat unless you go ham with tank accessories.

If you partner Peierne sword with Emengard Shield which would be a total of 770 MDEF. Iā€™m thinking that we donā€™t need the highest damage but our class can be a balance of tank and damage.

I will try to do some math. Let me only finish my dungeos since my token will expire um 1 hour.

@DontMindMe
I will try to see it.
But I doubt cassis crista will increase skill damage as you assume(like split shot T0)

Itā€™s not a T0 mod, itā€™s worse and nothing like split arrow. Why else would I be disappointed? All those rode3s going murm are only getting +960 from cassis for shooting star and +2700 for targe smash if they maxed the skill. Rode3 debuffs and headbutt is doing all of the work. It works like bokorā€™s effigy.

After some math here. Cassis really works different way for peltasta. I tested only for target smash from rodelero and it was 100% right.

So for rodelero we have increase in skill damage and peltasta skill attack damage. Seems it works as intended.

So we can say Cassis crista for peltasta is an Attack Modifier.

@slasherx29
The main point of spear are the medium and large target additional damage, but other than that, Pieriene is on ā€œpairā€ with Wingshard.

I mean if both weapons where transcended to deal damage of 1.5k-2k, while they still retain the weapon stats they have. How much difference in total damage output will it be?

If we consider the same upgrade and transcedence, the damage diference will still rely on medium and large target from Wingshade spear.

Translating in numbers, will be less than 7k in a critical landed in a medium/large target.

I can get past 7k crit damage as long as I donā€™t have to scream for heal everytime face tanking mages or boss. Itā€™s a good trade off.
Now if you have that high level of transcendence will I still be placing level 7 red gem or go for green?

Was said red gems donā€™t get improvement from transcedence. So if you have at least 50% critical chance, I would recomend yellow gems because has a peak highter than red gems and has no oscilation, but instead is needed to land a critical.

2 red gems will provide an average 310 PA and yellow gems will provide 920 damage on critical. So red gem will be 465 on critical and yellow will still be 920.

I only have around 500+ crit rateā€¦ How much minimum crit rate you need to do 50%?

I havenā€™t had the chance to have a detail look into attack modifiers and how they work; i was hoping if you can provide some of your opinions as you now have some insight on how Cassis works.

My question is, if Cassis increases Peltastaā€™s skill attack damage, would Peltasta still be viable, i.e. taking pelt2 or pelt3 and increasing attributes on Cassis to increase peltā€™s attack?

Cheers

400 Crit rate in a mob with 0 crit resists.
@Pockie
As DontMindMe has tested, Cassis crista bonus for peltasta is pretty like double slash bonus, add attack instead of a multiplier. So, if you want peltasta for dealing damage, is better you rethink your build. I tested only rodelero skill and it is a multiplier.

1 Like

Thank you Kascly, appreciate your clarification with this. :slight_smile: