Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo and High Guard

I’m not sure where you hostility is originating from, but I simply replied to your statement. You said that you are a Dex based Murmillo and I’m assumed that you don’t own a +10 lv 10 transcendence weapon with the base average attack of 5,000. I’m a full Dex C2 Dragoon and I’m happy when my Physical goes over 800. That being said, Shooting Start still does 20k more base damage, even with a weapon like that.

Anyway, I really appreciated you clearing things up, cheers.

No hostility intended, sorry if you took it that way.

As your equipment atk goes to infinity, the difference between your skills base atks become neflectful. I mean, I guess it’s obvious to point out that having 500 or 2k base atk on a skill won’t matter much if your equipment gives you 6k+ atk.

From a practical standpoint, however, a weapon with 6k atk is nearly unobtainable. He has the last transcedence stage in his weapon… His weapon is easily worth 500m+ silver… Realistically it would cost many billions.

Sorry, I have to ask one more thing, regarding Murmillo. Seeing that all of our debuffs increase Strike damage, why is everyone maxing out Frenzied Slash and Evade Trust, instead of Headbutt and Scutum Hit?I guess Headbutt is best left at lv 1, because you always initiate with you, so you don’t really benefit from the strike debuff + it has bad aoe.

What do you recommend for stat distribution?

Not sure, I maxed Scutum and Headbutt myself because they’re strike type dmg. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see a reason to prioritize Frenzied Slash or Evade Thrust over the strike dmg skills in a Rodelero 3 build. Frenzied Slash has a nice AoE but no overheat. Evade Thrust has a bad AoE but 2 overheats and a lot less cooldown.

Well, like I said before, STR benefits more Umbo Blow / Rim Blow while DEX benefits more Scutum / Headbutt. Which one comes out better I really have no idea since I’ve never played a STR build.

Well, like I said before, STR benefits more Umbo Blow / Rim Blow while DEX benefits more Scutum / Headbutt. Which one comes out better I really have no idea since I’ve never played a STR build.

How do you like Scutum and Headbutt so far?

I was expecting a bit more from Scutum because the graphical effect area is a lot bigger than the actual damage area of the skill. The gfx makes you think the skill can hit sideways, but it really can’t. It’s just an area in front of you. Although the area isn’t as small as Shield Bash (for example), it was still disappointing to me.

The damage it deals is pretty nice, Scutum is usually the skill I use after using Shooting Star and Kunai with the clones, or the first skill I use if the clones aren’t active. Honestly I can’t imagine not having Scutum maxed in a Rodelero build, It’s by far the best damage among the Murmillo skills.

Headbutt deals a nice dmg and the stun lasts 3 seconds. My strike debuff attribute isn’t maxed yet because it costs tons of silvers but it gives a nice damage buff to Shooting Star. The dmg area is as bad as it looks, mostly used for single targets.

If you plan to get a really good weapon eventually, and I mean 4k base damage weapon, then maximize DEX and don’t put more than 50 points in STR. 100 CON as base.

I have a lvl 276 Sw1 Pelt1 Hop1 Rod3 Shin1 Murmillo since yesterday. After blowing 30+ mil on the basic attributes for the Murmillo I have to say … this class is freaking expensive.

After that much money I only managed to max the Headbutt attribute and go halfway through Rod, Shooting Star and Hop enhancing helmet Attributes.

But i have to say, it deals some nice burst damage. Not sure on the sustain though. I usually do Crystalmine Mission solo and right now I need 2-3 clone combos for a boss in there. In the survival part I manage to kill both bosses in the 5 minutes. All of that with a +1 Toy Hammer, no Gems, low attributes on all skills(lvl20-35) and a mixed statbuild.

There is tons of potential growth left and I can’t wait to get my 290 Dung Spear and Shield while maxing Attributes for an eternity.

Oh and a sidenote … why is nobody mentioning Oghma Gauntlets? They are in my opinion a must wear on this class! They remove the 50% leather weakness from all our strike dmg skills!

1 question guys, how bad i’ll struggle later on if i run full con? i guess if i get murm + his attributes won’t struggle a lot evern with kinda poor gear, but toughts? untill there? can i grind grind grind grind with full con or will be really hard to level? going to run pelt 3 rodel 3, more focused in pvp/pve grind/farm not to be top dps and stuff.

Not sure what this obsession with full CON is to be honest, why exactly do you need 70k hp?

Just a playstile preference @ pvp, i want max hp possible to stay alive in pvp/gvg doing stuff, even if i lowered my dmg, don’t want play a glass cannon that wait for cds, go in, burst someone and back to the backline u know?

How many hits is [butterfly] btw @mrshadowccg. Up to now I still only have pts in [umbo blow], [rim blow], [umbo thrust], and [langort].

3 hits butterfly, real multi hit

Wow … that’s underwhelming. Does it gain any extra effects for leveling it?

Look in theory, for Murmillo to work, you need exactly one point in any of the skills effected by the Cassis Crista attributes.Lv 1 Umbo Blow has 117 damage, lv 16 has 516, a total loss of 399 damage.

CLICK - PROBABLY WRONG INFO

Now if you calculate the maximum loss:
399+100% Umbo Blow attribute = 798
798+330% High Guard attribute = 3431.4
3431.4+400% Cassis Crista attribute = 17157
17157+100% Slithering attribute = 34314
34314+100% High Kick = 68628
68628+50% Headbutt = 102942 lost damage

Butterfly is simmilar, as you only lose 506 base damage by leaving it at lv 1:
(3x506)+100% Butterfly Attribute = 3036
3036+150% Cassis Crista attribute = 7590
7590+100% Slithering attribute = 15180
15180+100% High Kick = 30360
30360+50% Headbutt = 45540 lost damage

You could argue to level up Butterfly to lv 5, because it’s only 4 points difference, but, DO NOT level Umbo Blow / Rim Blow past 6 points (but you can learn the high guard attributes and use a skill reset potion to leave both skills at lv 1). The point of Murmillo is a high base weapon, which you are going to have at some point if you play long enough.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/d/1/d1611967b3474838005f0af2b2a0b609ec317c8f_1_405x500.png

If you can grind two million silver per day it is possible to transcend that weapon to stage 10 in less than 6 months (which is nothing in terms of MMOs), but don’t forget attributes cost money too. Take that base of 6,000 and add another 500 from STR into the previous equation:

6500+100% Umbo Blow attribute = 13000
13000+330% High Guard attribute = 55900
55900+400% Cassis Crista attribute = 279500
279500+100% Slithering attribute = 559000
559000+100% High Kick = 1118000
1118000+50% Headbutt = 1677000 damage

DISCLAIMER: I am not exactly sure how the last 3 debuffs stack, because I don’t know if Slithering and High Kick get added together as base+200% or are they multiplied by each other (base+100%)+100%). If all three debuffs are somehow added together, you are looking at 978250 damage, but still, 14 points for additional 102942 damage seem kinda wasteful.

Can someone explain this to me please? I’m a bit confused. Does level 6 umbo blow and/or level 6 rim blow provide an attribute that benefits High Guard or something? Thanks.

i honestly dont think your computation is right. i havent seen a computation in this game that multiplies your damage after it is already multiplied. I’m not here to offend you, but im merely saying the damage is unrealistic.

slithering>high kick>head butt = 100%+100%+50% = 250% increase in strike damage. this we know already. so i’m thinking, whatever the computation of high guard+casis crista atrribute for the pelt skill will probably go like this as well, stacking up the percentage modifiers instead of multiplying them every time like you are doing.

correct me if im wrong though

yes and no.

yes, it is a requirement to get the high guard attribute to increase umbo blow and rim blow damage, you need umbo and rim blow to be lv6. you can check it at skill simulator

no, it is high guard that gives umbo blow and rim blow benefits.

But don’t umbo blow and rim blow pretty much suck at mid-late game?