Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo and High Guard

im pelt2 rod3 going shinobi

Could you provide me with a list of skills usable by Shinobi’s clones? I know I’ve seen it somewhere, but I can’t seem to track it down.

All swordman

Umbo Blow
Rim Blow

Crown
Moulinet

Synchro Thrust

Shield Bash
Shooting Star

I think that’s it off the top of my head.

1 Like

So I was correct. Because 80k + 50%(headbutt) = 120k

Read the rest of my post. I’m not too inclined to believe it due to how most things currently work.

If any of you play on EU, we can test it out by using Serpentine Debuff, as Serpentine increases all melee damage by 100%, supposedly at least. I got a feeling it should be in the same category as Headbutt, even tho Headbutt clearly increases Strike damage.

Enemies affected by [Serpentine] become vulnerable to physical melee attacks for 10 seconds and attacks gain 100% additional damage.

i dont have pelt 2 as well D:

i have a murm w/ pelt 1 and another toon going murm now 247 w/ no pelt

so i have been looking at the damage formula thread.

they have this formula;

(((((Skill Attack + (Effective Attack * (100% - Level Penalty)) + (random(0% … 100%) * Magic Amplification)) * (100% + Base Modifier)) - (Effective Defense + Elemental Resistance)) * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Critical Attack) + Extra Elemental Attack + Enemy Specific Damage) * (100% + Skill Modifier) * (100% + Common Modifier) * (100% + Target Modifier) * (100% + Enhance Modifier) + Bonus Damage

now, basing from that, i’ll try to remove anything else that we dont need to calculate raw damage, i’ll remove the defenses, magic amp, level penalty, crit and elem attack and enemy specific damage so we can see our damage just basing on our modifiers. lets also remove bonus damage from the end and we get this;

(Skill Attack + Effective Attack) * (100% + Common Modifier) * (100% + Target Modifier) * (100% + Enhance Modifier)

we know what the skill attack is, effective attack on the other hand is our patk.

Common Modifier would be Head Butt at 50% as i have read, ktos players said that head butt is common modifier.

Target Modifier is where our umbo blow specialty from high guard comes in according to the damage formula thread. Even though the description of the skill is 250% and 20% for succeeding levels, its formula apparently is 150%+[20% * (attribute level - 1)], so instead of getting 330%, we only get 230%.

target modifier is also where our slithering and high kick strike debuffs comes into play, both are at 100% and more importantly, the 400% cassis crista attribute applies here as well

this again is also where lethargy strike dmg attribute comes in and the armor advantage/disadvantage and lastly ohgma gauntlets 25% increase dmg if leather armor target but were going to disregard this for now.

Last is our Enhance Modifier which is basically the enhance attribute. lets put it at 100% for our computation.

let’s try using Level 6 Umbo Blow for our skill attack damage and let say we have 1k Patk and lets add all our known modifiers as stated above.

(Skill Attack + Effective Attack) * (100% + Common Modifier) * (100% + Target Modifier) * (100% + Enhance Modifier)

(259 + 1,000) * (100% + 50%) * (100% + 230% + 100% + 100% + 400%) * (100% + 100%)

1,259 x 150% x 930% x 200%

1,888.5 x 930% x 200%

17,563.05 x 200%

35, 126.1 Lv 6 Umbo Blow Final Damage using flat 1K Patk

P.S.
i dont know where the subtracted atk from high guard comes into the equation, we can insert it if we know where it reduces our attack. I also didnt include the staggered effect that can be exploited by umbo blow

P.S.S
arent the numbers too big? hahahaha

correct me if im wrong w/ my calculation or interpretation of the damage formula thread found here [Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

High Guard visibly cuts your attack within the F1 character window, so if you would be calculating ingame you’d already be using the lower patk either way.

The damage looks correct to me. 35k is by far not the highest I’ve seen. Also, regarding high guard, it says 250% on the tooltip ingame because it includes your base 100% already, like Stone Shot saying 150% : base 100% +50%.

I know it’s been posted in my thread for Cassis being target and Headbutt being Common but are we absolutely sure of this? The video doesnt help since I dont know his attack stats and no matter how much it looks like 80k * 1.5 = 120k, it could be a factor of many things. When we were testing Synchro Thrusting it looked like a simple x1.5 as well but it was actually doubling its skill attack, so…

i was looking for my pelt guildmates to know where the reduced damage comes in.

im unsure as well where cassis and headbutt fits in. im trying to make a new murm at the moment thats why i didnt buy any attributes yet to test the theories in game at the moment :frowning:

If you check his video description, you can see his PA min-max, attributes. He has 0 STR too so we can assume a low critical attack(under 300).
I did the math under white numbers, so I think is pretty accurated.

Edit: I edited my post on formula thread with numbers. You can check now.

only read half the thread, but a quick pointer to any future murms out there

headbutt does the most damage, it has a hidden attribute. its damage is increased by 200% if wearing helmet, and hits for even more damage after the first overheat due to it making your target weak to strike attacks

also someone earlier mentioned full con build, if youd like to see any footage of a full con murmillo, ive been making small clips until i finally get a real video going when i have the time.

and to the guy with the dancing bird avatar, i have to agree. it seems all of these “multipliers” are actually additive, and as another mentioned earlier. its confirmed that “+100% damage” actually means +200% so alot of the math posted here is wrong because of this. an example being

highguard - 330% - X4.3
casis - 400% - X5
1% attribute - 1%-100% X1.01 - X2

none of these are actually multiplied with eachother, only added together.

currently, all the pelt skills besides butterfly arent that useful for endgame, however with shield lob recently being buffed to do 2X more damage, it would be a consideration… however its a terrible skill that takes literally 5 seconds to deploy. it was a nice idea though, having a ranged attack in your rotation can throw many off. and if you buy the attribute for it to deal atleast +50% more damage + helmet buff it will deal around 13k damage as a ranged attack

if the skill gets fixed and doesnt make your character stand still like an idiot for 5 seconds it could be useful

umbo blow rim blow should deal around 16k damage if using high guard + helmet + 1% attributes (i used 50%) however both of these skills are very slow to deploy, especially umbo blow. rim blow being slightly faster, but also pushes the enemy away and doesnt have an attribute to remove this. so again these skills are good on paper but when youre playing tree-of-desyncs its not very helpful

im considering getting lv10 shield lob though, because 13k damage on a wizard that thinks hes safe sounds like a fun idea, but again its super slow and your character stands still for literally 5 seconds before any damage is applied to the target. not sure if this is because of server lag or is server lag + the skills animation is bad

even if you cancel animation its still not worth it

in the formula i posted above that was derived from the damage formula thread the +100% damage you are talking about only applies once before adding modifiers. thats why the formula has a 100% to begin with before adding the percentage modifiers. take note though, its not actually an increase per se but its your damage you are dealing. Your computation will be wrong basing from your example.

stated as well in the damage formula thread that high guard attribute is actually just 230%.

i didnt know about headbutt dealing more damage when wearing helmet though. thats news for me :slight_smile:

i am full con, and do these damage estimates with the skills itself. so none of my str is affecting my calculations.

are you saying the highguard attribute is not “+230% damage” which would mean +330% but is instead “230% damage of normal skill” which would equate to 230%?

this is strange, considering almost all skills here are worded as “insreased damage”

i do not have the high guard attribute, but i do have the helmet attribute. and i confirmed its calculations using butterfly. so atleast i can attest that the helmet is different

majority have discussed it and i just adopted it from them and general consensus is the high guard attribute is only 230%.

if you look at my calculation, I used flat patk which you can get from weapon. my murms has no str as well, only con and dex and skill damage that is again flat. take note though that the enhanced damage attribute was 100%

looks like shield lob might be more useful then, if it ever stops the server from desyncing everytime you use it

i feel like it will be a good initial attack even w/ mobs. shield lob, then frenzied slash to jump where you threw the shield so you easily build up threat without using swash

Pretty sure I said high guard was +230%.

Before and after high guard damage numbers.

The increase is about 305%(+205%) due to high guard lowering physical attack by 7%. Monster was armor broken both times.

+230% could mean 2 separate things thanks to how badly everything is translated in this game
@Mawsiee
shield lob would be an excellent addition if it wasnt broken (not sure if you know what i mean) it takes 5 seconds just to use the skill. and even when you finished choosing where to throw the shield, your character will sit there like an idiot for atleast 2 seconds before anything happens.
if this gets fixed, id easily recommend getting shield lob as a murmillo build.

any1 help me ?

sw1 > pelt 2 > rod 3 > murmillo
or
sw1 > pelt 1 > Hop 3 > pelt 2 > Shin > murmillo
or
sw1 > pelt 2 > rod 2 > shin > murmillo

???