Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo and High Guard

Because is better we get more multiplier tiers than a unique tier with a high value.
Lets take your data with all multipliers in the same tier adding headbutt we have(I will assume your shooting star is at lv 5):
(I took your max damage only + slithering + headbutt)
If we split headbutt, we have:

Yeah 16440 x 4 hits right? Usually I average with that kind of damage on my Shooting Star.
My headbutt is level 5 though, nevertheless I do 50k crit on Scutum with 0% damage attribute.

The video with level 10 transcendence shows that I could easily disregard Hoplite circle (Intent to use spear as main weapon because of additional range and synchro) and go for Swordsman 2 (restrain and pain barrier) with 1 circle on pelt. It shows that you either go pelt1 or pelt3.

Iā€™m thinking Pierene Sword is the best weapon because of MDEF stat alone and trying to upgrade to atleast lvl 5 trancendence is enough.

The debate is going pelt 3 or shinobi, since Rodelero is almost a no brainer route for Murmillo.

This make me think about peltasta2/3 in a murmillo build. If you donā€™t give a **** to high guard, you can take swordsman 3 and only 1 circle in peltasta.

Do we have damage numbers for High guard bonus damage on rim and umbo blow with strike debuff from Murmillo and Rodelero?

Swordsman3 is getting a lot of buff from IMC. The pain barrier attribute bonus is really good. Especially for those, cata and fencer meta builds.

Common Murmillo builds
Sw3Pelt1Rodelero3Murmillo
Sw1Pelt3Rodelero3Murmillo
Sw1Pelt1Hop1Rod3ShinoMurmillo
Sw2Pelt1ROd3ShinoMurmillo

Headbutt looks like a godsend if it really is multiplicative with everything else. I have seen that video you linked multiple times but I never really paid attention to headbuttā€™s damage.

At 0:44
On the 2nd pack, he hits 80k crit on the first headbutt and 120k crit on the 2nd. But there was actually only 1 mob that had +200% but the rest was +100% since high kick only hit 1 mob. The disparity could have been from a crit on the other mobs, then a crit on the high kicked mob.

In the above scenario, the damage would have went from
200% (slithering mobs only; crit 84k)
to 350% (slithering, high kick, headbutt; crit 122k)

which would be a 75% increase, but seeing as how heā€™s using a 5-hammer, we could assume itā€™s filled with red gems. The first crit could have been a high roll and the 2nd crit a lower roll.

This made me regret my pelt2 now.
Edit: Shield bash can scramble enemy stats. His five hammer has 5 lv5 red gems.

Eh, all this information confuses me, I made a pelt2/rod3 was going to go pelt3 into murmillo but now im unsure what to do, should I just continue on my sw3cata3 instead there both the same level, I want to be able to do decent damage and be useful for end game contentā€¦

You can go sw2 or Shinobi. I would prefer for you to go to shinobi since your dps will go off the charts.

ok I guess I will do that then wwas hopin i wouldnt have to hunt flower

If what you are saying is correct, then these values should be correct as well:

1. 3*992=2976
  2. 2976+350%=13392(High Kick, Slithering and Cassis Crista)
  3. 13392+50%=20088(Headbutt)
  4. 20088+100%=40176(Butterfly Attribute)

In a LOGICAL game, these values should be:

1. 3*992=2976
  2. 2975+200%=8925 (Cassis Crista and Butterfly Attribute)
  3. 8925+250%=31237.5(High Kick, Slithering and Headbutt)

It seems that at least for Butterfly and Shooting Star the damage works out better with the current system, especially if the skill attribute is multiplied last?

Following that logic, Umbo Blow should actually do decent damage with a really, really good weapon, note, Butterfly would hit for 243000 with that weapon.

1. 6000
  2. 6000+830%=55800
  3. 55800+50%=83700
  4. 83700+100%=167400

I think every skill at 100% attribute can do a good amount of damage.

I was told that to choose shinobi if i wanted to b a boss killer or for everything else choose pelt 3 instead for murmilo is that still true? cause i dont want to sit for hours wiating for a yellow flower

You can go pelt 3 safe.
I regret because it will not fit my playstyle.

whats ur playstyle? /20char

Pelt 3 for umbo thrust (0 def attribute) which would make you rely on your party to do anything.

Shinobi for soloing, bossing and damage overall. If you donā€™t want to do the damage then go for pelt3. Shinobi can clear high hp mobs with your bunshin mimicking shooting star.

ok :frowning: Guess I will try to get shinobi thank you

Shinobi should do more damage. By going Rodelero 3 you get High Kick debuff, +100% base damage, or (3x992)+100%)+50%HeadButt)+100%Attribute)=17856. Going Shinobi means losing 17856 damage on Butterfly for example. You also donā€™t get to use Shooting Star, which should be on pair with Butterfly.

Rode3 is better than pelt3 for shinobi. Shooting starā€™s cooldown is roughly the same as butterfly but is 4 hits and the hit box is slightly better. Shinobi clones also copy shooting star but not butterfly. You lose out on a lot of burst without rode3.

im pelt2 rod3 going shinobi

Could you provide me with a list of skills usable by Shinobiā€™s clones? I know Iā€™ve seen it somewhere, but I canā€™t seem to track it down.