Tree of Savior Forum

Mouse mode still broken

Gonna repeat myself, but this is starting to make the game basically unplayable. Each time you have to interact with a NPC or an object, you need to click twice. And you’re lucky if it triggers anything…

I have submitted a ticket…
I have linked a video…

The only response I got was… “verify the integrity of your game files”. Well sure, this cannot do harm. But, of course, has totally no effect on the issue.

And note that once you get a response, the ticket is considered resolved, even if not. Should I submit tickets every day until something happens?

Mouse mode has been broken since the game was released:

• Many npcs/quest objects can’t be interacted with while in mouse mode, youhave to switch to keyboard mode and use spacebar
  • Clicking on a dialogue choice button triggers opening player shops if the player shop is cleverly placed so the player shop sign aligns with dialogue buttons
  • Often, instead of talking to a npc/activating an object, using left mouse button to talk/interact causes the player to run towards that location. I often have to click repeatedly until the player stops moving and triggering the npc talk/object interaction
  • and many more annoyances and bugs caused by mouse mode

Biggest thing for mouse mode is still that you cannot use non-pad skills on mounted or transformed targets in PVP. You can autoattack them and you will do the animation, but they won’t take damage because you aren’t actually targeting them. You can try to use skills on them, but they will just shoot through the air and not hit anything. Any ground target skill will hit them just fine, but it’s really frustrating all the same.

Press Tab rapidly to correctly target mounted players

Tab doesn’t work. This is something that has gone on for the better part of 2 years.

I do it in pvp, attack a mounted player, press TAB instantly and it correctly targets the player. Mouse mode targets the invulnerable/untargetable pet automatically (this is the bug).
Same works for skills, press skill, tab, press skill again. It’s a workaround at least.

It’s not a work around if it literally doesn’t work or do anything. Tab does not do anything for me in mouse mode… did you edit the .xml at all?

I only ever edited that xml once early on but it wasn’t for tab, was for something else. Wonder if there’s something in there I could change to make tab do something.

Also, do you actually have it set to mouse mode? Or is it set to the first option (I think it just says default)? Sometimes I’ve seen it reset to that first option or it’s set when you make a new character, and some other oddities happen when it is.

If that fixes it, I’m all for it, but I have doubts it will.

I’m set to mouse mode, my first attack/target skill does a fake animation that does nothing.
If i press tab, the target will correctly switch to the right target unless it moves around me, in that case i have to spam tab each time the target gets behind me.
I’m in mouse mode (not auto).
Try it out a bit with a friend and see if you can make it work in any way.

• If there is a select option window that pops up right after dialogue window, then left clicking during dialogue might also click default option at the same time. Happens a lot when you choose new rank and are asked whether you want to teleport to class master or not. Using right click to skip dialogue helps tho (it doesnt press “Yes” automagically).

Some(most) of the mouse problems can be solved by simple .xml edit:
add

<HotKey ID=“Select” Name="@dicID_^*$ETC_20151224_019811$*^" DownScp=“None” UpScp=“None” Key=“E” UseShift=“NO” UseAlt=“NO” UseCtrl=“NO” OnEdit=“NO” Category=“Battle”/>

line to your hotkey_mousemode_user.xml , change the Key to one convenient for you (i have it on “E”) and use to to interact with NPCs instead of mouse. Once you add it to XML - the “Select” option will appear in key config in-game as well allowing to easily change the button should the need arise.

1 Like

How to target lock with mouse mode?
Also you can only interact with spirits in miko quest using keyboard mode…

This works like a charm,i’m pissed i never knew about it

For this I submit tickets, and since it’s trivial to fix they usually respond immediately and fix the issue in the following patch. Seems that nothing is ever done without reporting the issue via support.

This is exactly the main problem. Makes the game nearly impossible to play.

Good idea, I’ll try that.

You will need to submit a ticket for that. I’m sure they’ll fix it immediately.

He’s not the only one that resolved the issue by using tab, so it’s your problem, yep.