Tree of Savior Forum

More Questions (^_^)

I’d like to start this new newbie questions thread with the following question (or more precisely request for a piece of advice).
I am now considering crafting an unbound Emengard Shield (got the recipe and ingredients) to be used by my alt characters (mage, cleric and potentially - who knows - may be even by a warrior that sucks so badly that I cry each time when I play him).

What I would like to know is what gems experienced players would advise to insert in it? I am torn between

• blue gems: for more block to enhance the survivability aspect. Potentially it could be useful for anyone, though I don’t know how block works in general (tried to google but the information was rather controversial) and this causes doubts - may be the effect is negligible, especially for non-warrior classes;
  • red gems: very solid option for physical classes (both my auto-attacking chaplain-pardoner cleric and warrior (when he’ll need it)) but absolutely useless for mages.

What would you advise?

I don’t think emengard shield is worth the trouble anymore. 2 Practos is stupidly expensive for that item.

Try getting a Primus Raffye (or even Berthas Raffye) shield with +block (aim for 50 or more block). Stick 3 blue gems into it, you’ll get 200 block just from the shield alone.

Find a few pieces of armor that give +block as well, and there you go, now you’re immortal in pvm.

All this isn’t too expensive if you buy from market. Downside is that you need lvl 350+

Aim for 600~800 total block in PvM, that’s 70%~90% final block chance.

Block formula:
Final Block Chance = (Your block - Enemy block pen) ^ 0.7

Consider most mobs have ~150 block pen.
With 700 block you have:
(700 - 150) ^ 0.7 = 82% block chance.

I believe there’s a cap at 90% block chance (can’t go past that) so 800 block is ideal. Anything past that should be focused on other stats (CON, DEF, or even evasion).

Note: 1 point in CON gives approx. 0.73 block

1 Like

Emengard shield is one of exactly two pre-350 items worth crafting, because it has stats (like movespeed), and other things you just aren’t going to be able to get on a primus, or at least not all at the same time, even if you lucked out with 4 really strong rolls.

Also practs are like 6 mil. This also is only for the base recipe, the event recipe is back in the game and requires no pract at all.

Blues.

1 Like

I’ve not seen Shields with +block (or any other gear if to think about it) - it might be rare.
The point of Emengard is not that it’s 315 but because of its magnificent stats: very high Const + very high mag def + 1 to movement, +7% block chance (but this I fear wouldn’t work for non-warriors - read somewhere that it is negated). When enhanced to +9 it’s basic phys def would be just a bit lower than that of a primus raffye shield, but to get a primus raffye one with at least close good stats is simply impossible (at least on our server).

Just as I said, them being 350+ is not a problem (2 of my 3 alts are over 350 and warrior will be soon as well) but finding the gear with block is simply beyond possible, so these incredible numbers are definitely not for me (since I invest almost nothing in Const) - I was wondering just about the shield as an added defensive bonus for Challenges.

Just so!
I studied the possible variants for the best shield and it was either primus raffye with ideal stats (close-to-impossible option) or Emengard. In order not to spend practos, I could try to get Secret boxes with my chars from Fedimian event (for 1 character I got it) but 1st this is not certain and 2nd - in the end it would cost more - with raising 3 shields to +8/+9, adding sockets and preparing the gems (or close to). And if it is unbound, I could easily move it to other new chars if I have them or even sell it in the future if I don’t need it anymore. That was the reasoning behind my intention.

Thank you both for taking a care to respond!

I did the same thing–I got a bunch of them from the last event (night market) and upgraded them as much as I could on a couple key characters, then have my one tradable one that I still pass around between the others.

Just my opinion.

Everything comes down to cost-benefit. Is it a good idea to get a lv 100 attribute? Surely, but depending on your gear, it might be more worth it to invest into another trans to your weapon.

Emengard shield is a decent shield, don’t get me wrong. But it’s easily worth 15kk+, while a Primus Raffye shield with +block is worth as low as 2~4kk. Add the cost for 3 sockets + 3 blue gems (lv5~6) and it still won’t be above half the price of an emengard.

Magic defense is great, but Block is just as good. To me, the +400 magic def from Emengard evens out with the fact Raffye shields get 3 sockets. +1 Movement speed also barely makes any difference.

To me the rest of the money can be spent into something that’ll give you a better power difference, such as a better trans to your weapon, or if that’s not the case, just save up money for a Masinios shield.

The only problem is that there are no decent raffye shields. At all…
Yes, I can wait for the one to appear but then why should it cost that low?
Perhaps you are playing on a populated server where decent gear is something everyone can just buy on the market at their leisure but, alas, on my server one can wait forever and when something good appears it costs way to high. :frowning:
I’d love to preserve my practonium. Popolion knows, I have few of those (4 actually - from my only 4 chars), and it costs no less than 8kk on my sever (while earning silver is a real problem… I really don’t know where you can legitimately earn it apart from running 300 dailies over and over and over again - but this is becoming more and more boring and it’s either you play or you earn, and I am already having a job…)

BTW, how much block can you get on a raffye in the first place? 30? 40?

Need to find a high level guild that does guild boss hunts / events.

I’ve seen raffye shields with block varying from 30~60. Have seen one with 62, but that’s the highest i’ve seen. Ones with CON are good too, but CON usually gives slightly less block than pure block stat.

If a raffye shield is so costly/rare in your server, then go for the emengard. Like I said, it’s all a matter of cost-benefit. If it takes too much effort / cost to make a good primus raffye, then it’s not worth it anymore.

Emendard gives 67 + const on top of other stats… Unless google misguides, 1 const gives 1 block.

I’ve just realized that Emengard has just 1 socket option. Right before I was ready to craft it.
It means that only +60 block from a 7lvl gem.

I was so absolutely sure that such a high-level shield aught to have 3 sockets that I never noticed until the very end and I’m very glad that i didn’t make this mistake.
So, it’s definitely going to be a raffye one, I just hope that it won’t take me ages to encounter a decent variant.
TY all who responded here.

All shield options are nearly the same for me as long as I get a +16 one. Primus wins for offensive builds though since it has the most slots for stacking green/red gems, and if you’re lucky you’ll get stats that are better than any other shields.

I am not thinking about greens or reds - just blues. The idea is to have a solid survivability boost, so yes, will keep an eye for a good variant.
Might I ask how you manage such a high enhancement levels?
I just don’t get it how people are able to improve higher than +10 - even +10 (for a 1-hander, I am not even talking about armor that has worse chances) is a feat of luck. The game offers no means to prevent failures other then diamond anvils and they are so rare and expensive (and even do not guarantee the improvement itself) that I just can’t comprehend how people opt for higher values.

I buy them from people who manage to do so. I don’t trust my luck in this game anymore.

Guys, who took time to visit this and earlier threads and respond to my questions.

I’ve been playing this game a lot, truly a lot in terms of work-free time (steam shows over 1k hours for around the recent 2.5 months) but I just can’t keep up. I realize it now (with this yet another new ‘event’ and yet another upcoming massive ‘update’). It saddens me a lot, but I think this is it for me. I liked the game from the start but the more I played the more demanding and disappointing it started to feel.
Right now I feel that the game is too much to try to handle. Though I spend literally all my free time on it, it demands more and more in terms of never-ending updates and constant changes - no possibility for a person who does not literally live in the game to cope, to simply comprehend the current picture and be able to maintain the meta in your braid (perhaps I grew too old for this :frowning: ). All this feeling is cupped with the tremendous amounts of bugs together with poor playability (constant crashes, disconnects and lags) and next to no reaction of the game developer/administrator to this issues…
So, with a heavy heart I give up and leave the game for good.

If I have some itch to finish up the main quest line (yes, this was the 1st game where I got several characters to the cap level without covering not even all the quests but even the main quests - because, you know, you always MUST do this or do that, if you wish to be at least something in the game), I might log in, but - alas - for me this project as the main game to follow is over.

Thanks to all of you who responded, gave advice or just visited the treads. Thanks to all good people I played with in the game. I sincerely wish you all luck both in the game and IRL.

I humbly ask the moderator to close the thread.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.