Tree of Savior Forum

Monthly Rank Reset Event [Poll/Suggestion]

edit1: quests per account instead of per character (max resets: 7*char. number -> 7 for one account)

Greetings fellow players !

As we all know (and tired of hear), one of the most unique aspects of ToS is the class variety: The possibility of building hundreds of different class combinations – even though only an part of those builds are ““effective”” – and thus having multiple possibilities to play the same game in a different way.

However, most of those possibilities are currently locked behind either a PayWall or semiannual big patches that change considerably the game’s current state, since in order to experiment/switch builds you need to use a Rank Reset Voucher. Because of this, we players lost a huge amount of enjoyability from the game, such as testing multiple builds to find which one is more fun or effective to certain objectives/activities, first try a total different build than your current one, etc.

Of course, with all the Entry reset/8~4x tomes/clear voucher, currently any one can create and level a character without much job or time waste. But with all broken facility to make a new char to test a build, there’s still some mechanical annoyance and trouble to keep testing builds with this reroll method such as lodge limit, redoing quests and DGs, as well untradable (team storage) items waste. In a game with so much classes, wouldn’t be better if we had more freedom to test all those classes? With all that in mind, a suggest the implementation of a monthly event that last a week and permit the players, through daily quests, to gain Rank Reset Vouchers as reward.

— MONTHLY RANK RESET EVENT ----------------------------------------------------------

• The event starts and ends in a certain fixed period of each month and last one week.

• The event consists in daily, simple and random quests given to the players through the “Event Notice Board” on the cities, where they need to complete a certain task such as complete twice a “near level” dungeon or kill 50 monsters with “near level” as well.

• The quests are limited: in each day, you can only do one quest per account, totaling in 7 different quests during the event. Each day would have a different quest from previous days in order to avoid repetitiveness.

• Each monthly event will have its theme: In one month, a theme will be “Bosses”, where the daily quests are based in killing, assist killing or finding a boss with near level; on the next month, the theme switches to map visiting and etc. The ideal would have at least six initial themes.

• When the player finishes his quest, he may receive his reward at the “Event Notice Board” on the cities. The reward is a Rank Reset Voucher that DOES NOT EXPIRE with time. By default, this item is already untradable, but in this event, it would be also untradable by “team trade” through team storage.

• There’s no character requirement for the quests. However, you can only do one quest per day.

• Summing up, this event would permit the players to acquire up to 7 Rank Reseters per account each month through daily non-overrepeated quests, and thus helping the in game player flux increase as well making the game way more fun to keep playing.

POLL: WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SUCH (OR SIMILAR) EVENT ON ITOS?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

Fell free to let any opinion or critic, as well to discuss this suggestion! Thanks for the attention.

So… free rank resets every 3 weeks ?
That’s so often… What’s the point :confused: Makes it ridiculous for gears too. And you could basically just have one of each class, and you reset it every 3 weeks, depending on your needs.
Also a Rank Reset Voucher that does not expire ? Once again: reset regularly, whenever you want.
And I don’t like that because then TOS would lose its points and fun: having players with all kinds of different builds.

I’m not totally against rank reset vouchers, but something that happens that often just makes having that many classes pointless to me.

It’s way too often and too easy to get.

Maybe a NPC that Reset your build for silver would be better, and the amount of silver to reset would be bigger each time. Like the first time cost 1 million, the second 10mi, the third 20 and so on.

This would make that people can fix mistakes and at some point create a new character because of the high price.

2 Likes

you can make it a secret content like the practo quest/ripped paper, or make it frustrating like the shinobi/miko quest, or why not make it a regular content like the game like Ragnarok2 : Gate of the World. As long as you provide us rank reset for multiple chars im cool with it, the recent DLC is not enough since on most of my chars, i went experimental build.
im 300+ hours in the game and theres still a lot of class i want to try. if you suggest, make another char, and start @ lvl 1, NO, it gets tiring when you do the same thing again and again not that most of the game content are played in the same concept, what i mean is the process of making another char to try a different playstyle is a long process and adds clutter to your character roster.

maybe doing like wakfu do with their reset for characters, if you want a restat/skill reset you have to gather a high amount of resources from different areas some of them were easy due the high amount of monsters but some of them were hard due the small respawn of monsters and other things like laws protecting the monsters (ecology)

once you gather them and do your reset you cant do it again until 30 days have passed and then again you have to take the quest and gather them again. 30 days may seen a bit low for a game like this and something special like rank reset (its not like changing the stats or skill of your character) they should make it around 3 or 6 months to reset. the problem unlike wakfu, Tree of Savior dont let you try your build, so you have to have faith in your build that will work, if such build dont work then you are screwed until a new reset come.

1 Like

Well, maybe decrease the amount of total RR vouchers that you can get and make the event each 2 months ?

The problem with this is that some lv 200~290 new players would be left behind, since they can’ t have 10 mil or 20 mil easily. Such event like this would need to reach all players. But i get your diminishing returns concept, would be interesting to apply it in this case, but with other method.

it would be good to be like 500k then 1 mill then 2 mill then 4 mill then 8 mill then 16mill then 32 mill

Silver would be the best method, it’s a easy thing to farm, because you get it in any place, and 1 million for the first reset is not hard to get in the 200-290 range. And the way bigger prices after the first reset in a character is nothing compared to some attributes prices in the game.

Way too low, 1 mil to 5, then 10 and so on would be better if you want lower prices, the fact is that to reset people would need to sacrifice something

Instead of Rank resets, I want a good balance inbetween Ranks as IMC promised to work on. Making all Classes viable for all content would make the game enjoyable even without Rank resets.

Free skill & attribute resets should be given out if there is a certain change on skills like e.g. Zombify having an 8 zombie limit instead of ~20 before.

1 Like

The idea here isn’t a event to correct builds, but a periodically opportunity to play different builds and gameplay styles without needing to delete characters and level new ones every time. Similar to games that have freedom to change between classes at will.

I’ve played EE so I know this kind of system.

It’s not so great,though, and I’d still like it more if all Classes would be enjoyable to some extend instead of some feeling niche/shabby.

Builds are about preference and invested $$$ into a character. You can check the skill and items beforehand and build your character accordingly. There’s nothing wrong with wasting one or two of them, honestly.

I’ve played RO for a long time and had about 4 different Hunters before I had the one I liked best. And I still had 2 accounts full of level 75+ characters which were pretty much all test subjects and build failures. I liked the game pretty much,though. All were pretty much viable on their own, but they didn’t suit my expectations.

In TOS you can make up for bad performance even more with better equipment, higher attribute levels, active & strategic gameplay and the will to become better at playing a certain way/style.

If there weren’t meta-enforcing gameplay mechanics like DPS-checks (ET,world bosses) and the builds would offer more unique gaming approaches, the game could be enjoyable pretty much with every Class&build.

Currently you just have to balance between survival and damage. That’s why certain Classes will always have 1 or more advantages.

So even if you can reset and test, what would be the outcome?

The majority of players would still end up choosing the most efficient meta-builds because of the lacking balance. If you don’t have the gear to support another fun build, there’s no way you’d choose those builds as a new player without suffering from the consequences.

And though players become more geared, their ungeared alts will still become a collection of metas because they need to be efficient without investment to feed one main.

All in all it boils down to the point that the lacking balance would still just produce more mainstream builds if such events were to be held regularly.
While some people would be happy on the surface to change from one Class to another, they will certainly feel sad/resentment if the previous choice was so underperforming [i.e. not in correlation with their prospects]…

And I disagree, Swordman and Archer tree would be at disadvantage with that because of the weapon restriction that both have would limit the resets, while Clerics and Wizards could abuse the system.

So yes, I want resets to be a costly way to fix builds.

1 Like

You’re right about that. Well, you can retrieve blessed gems already, if only we had a way to transpose weapon enhancement level to another weapon… :thinking:

One of the developer posts mentioned that they will include reset items (not sure about rank reset) on the Achievement Journal. So this points out that resetting may become more accessible, of course knowing how this game goes it probably wont be as easy to obtain.

That option must heave in this game !

info is out, it’s one Rank reset per team it seems…

GG trying to reset all your characters with that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wut why a mention for that o.o

Lvl 13 requires about 8 characters i think? Didn’t pay too much attention =3=.

Yeah, as usual its not easy or abundant at all. Well, there are still changes that can happen, i dont even have a char to reset atm …

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.