Tree of Savior Forum

Monsters casting Ice Pike, spell not rendering

Any monsters that cast Ice Pike (I can only see the text above their heads). Is it just me or is nobody seeing monsters cast Ice Pike? I’m in the know now so I can just walk around the monsters to avoid getting frozen but I’d like to have some feedback on where exactly that spell is going. In most cases I’m kiting too many mobs to see the “Ice Pike” text over any monsters heads to avoid it, and I don’t realize until I’ve locked myself in a cast animation.

P.S. I couldn’t find any information regarding bug reports. My bad.

True bug… happened to me too. Got hit by an invisible ice pike and died xD…

Not sure if your case, but I noticed that when so many effects are going on at the same time, some skills won’t be shown at all (even if they are cast at an empty area)

Happens with my archer, happens with my cleric. :confused:

Actually, I’ve never seen the spell effect for Ice Pike coming off a monster. It’s not just one instance, it’s every case. All other spell effects I can see unhindered. My own Ice Pike and other players Ice Pikes are very much visible.

Sorry, I got it wrong then. I thought you were talking about it happening sometimes, in crowded spaces.

Same here, the projectile never shows up and then suddenly you are frozen in place ._.

I don’t suppose your characters head frantically looks back and forth between the direction of travel and the camera whenever you walk either northwest or southeast?

It really happens for keyboard mode really haha
I think they’re having trouble fixing it because they want the character to dynamically change in head position whenever they are hit by an attack that makes them face the enemy or something :confused:

Just thought I’d ask because it’d be weird if we were experiencing all the same bugs. I’m using a ps4 controller, though.

It still happens with a PS4 controller? Now that’s some messed up head turning triggers there @_@

Another thing I’ve noticed with monsters casting Ice Pike is that there is no way to interrupt the cast. Even if the monster has been knocked down, the cast will still go off while the monster is lying on the ground or as it’s flying through the air. This may have something to do with the above mentioned lack of a casting animation.

I actually found the bug forum so I’ll be trudging through there after I’m done with math homework xD

I’ll leave a link to the bug post when I put that up (or if there’s a bug post already, I’ll get that link instead).