Tree of Savior Forum

Monster Gem collection

First as we know most of monster gems are useless and players use only gems that actually have some impact so I was thinking about removing monster gems from gear and create something like Monster card system with account wide effect,
for example:
Collecting wizard gems will result in bonus +5 skill pts to wizard circle and +1 lv to choosen skill (plus monster skill gem effects)
optional:
+20% exp for enchanting gems using monster gems (for each class gem collection completed)

What will happen to gems that are alrdy equipped?
I think they could move them to market retrieve tab like they did with blessed gems change… even if they cant im ok with that even if I lose my expensive gems like running shot.

What if we collect all gems?
Monster gems price will rise since collection stuff is just consumed and cannot be removed so its good way to get some silver.

With this changes even useless gems will shine and its another thing to do in game since monster gem drop rate is rly low :slight_smile:

What do u guys think?

I think the current way is fine tho, they just need to rework on many skills to make at least some sense.

Some should be substituted for something more meaningful too.

They should fix the way Blue Gems work on off-hand, at least for knifes, it should give matt when on knifes. Would be nice too to have a caster shield to work on the same way. But let’s leave it at it for now, they barely know what they are doing.

1 Like

Monster gems are simply useless because they’re one-time shots. If you put a gem on some gloves and then you find better gloves you have to get another of those “one-in-a-lifetime” gems. That’s absurd.

2 Likes

That will never work because no matter what they do with skills u will equip red, green or blue gem on your weapon and right now only avalaible slots are in gloves and boots but it doesnt make sense because everyone will pick skill gem that will do better than color gem… anyway problem is that monster gems are useless compared to color gems (because they buffed color gems and did nothing with skill gems) and collection with bonus stats as reward could work… so many skill gems yet we can use only few.

Instead of changing blue gems on off hand they could just add relics or books for casters ^^

Lets be honest only reason why you still use skill gem is because they didnt buff color gems in gloves

It would be fun if we could use skills from another classes. Maybe with some limitations or requirements. For example, you’d need to be a Wizard to use Teleportation lv1, even if you don’t have Psychokino. Or to add more depth, you will need 100 Dark Property Attack to be able to use Pole of Agony lv1. Could be interesting, perhaps some more creative builds would be born, and I don’t think it would be too OP because it would still be situational, Warriors would still not get extra crit from Swift Step because they can’t learn the attribute, and even if they could, it would be irrelevantly weak. Perhaps Cleave would be interesting for Hackapells? Many possibilities, not all of them would be good, but some would be nice.

They just need to not limit the places you can use gems. I’m a Cleric 2, Diev 1, Bokor 1, Monk 1, Druid 3, PD, That’s 6 classes and when I tried to consider gems for chest/pants (Transform is one for sure) I had no options for a second one, the only option I have IIRC is Incinerate, I have lvl 1 Incinerate (4 when I reach class 15) and I plan to use a gem for it.

I got plenty of skills I’d like to use a gem for, hexing, effigy, carnivory, however none of them are options, I can’t put an effigy gem in pants and heal is way more valuable sooooo, despite how good it is it’s a bad gem.

If they didn’t limit gems locations a lot more gems would be good, recently got a Sonic Strike gem, but Pheasant is better and goes in the same slot so I’ll probably hold out for that.

1 Like

That too, tbh, the color gems got useless stats on things other than weapon/sub with maybe the exception of the Red one, since it give good HP value on armor.

Monster gem on the other hand, they simple create them, and copy and past the code to point them usable at the current gear pieces we know.

I do agree with you that they could be reworked, like, increase number of targets of skill N or duration or damage or reduce CD or whatever comes to mind.

Now they come with white gem, that give 24 LC at 6 or 7 star (I saw earlier but forgot the Lv of the gem) which you can get even more with a single piece of gear (I have a swordie boots with 138 LC on it that I got yesterday).

They are only filling empty space at this point in time on the project.

In the mean time, we still have terrible client performance, unstable server connection, lots of exploits, no system security (VAC enable my ass), no solid content and a load of skills that could had been better designed.

Not wanting to be “that guy” but I just want to post some points for discussions or thinking.

1 - VAC: I can’t find anywhere where ToS is advertised as VAC protected. They might have changed this long ago and no one ever noticed.

2 - What type of security system?

2.1 - Game guards and such? They’re used on jToS (?) and kToS. And they guard nothing (bot, cheats). The nature of ToS cheats is complicated. The game guard systems would just cause “they implemented it but it doesn’t work” complaints and break Linux/Mac compatibility. Definitely a BIG NO, causes inconveniences and pushes away some part of population, even if a small part.

2.2 - Security on addon side. Bypassable or break all addons. Would require securing and/or removing the entire thing, changing how the entire patcher and resource loader works. About addons, would require developing and Addon API that has less control over the game. This would most likely remove the need of any Game Guard.

2.3 - Custom systems. Some basic anti-cheat measures are already in place but most of them doesn’t catch specific client-side cheats and programs that simulate user behavior. There’s a lot to improve here but it’s bypassable. Kind of hard to work properly on this. A lot of games have problems with cheats to some extent, it all goes down to “is it worth” and “effort needed”. They could at least make their life harder and update it, but it also requires good coding skills and test bench.

3 - In-game exploits? They’re 100% undetectable until abused, right? Wrong. IMC could improve a lot here by playing smart and making certain sets of rules.

Aside from any conventional anti-cheat, which seem to not do ■■■■ all, some live monitoring is in need, we don’t see GM online only a few times per month, the GS ads are banned through console probably, the bots are all free out there, what I mean is, how can a company let bots run free enough so they can even get over Lv 330? And I’m not even pointing the supposed “legit” players who decided that botting is fine on their own account.

Add-ons should be something that only change visually stuff, not fix or alter the way some things behave (like the craft queue, which I find more like a fix than an add-on that IMC didn’t bother in doing).

Now I’m curious to know about these “basic” anti-cheat measures, I do hope you aren’t talking about the report function tho.

By rules you mean on their workplace? If yes I do agree with you there, the first and foremost most game companies do before releasing a game is making sure it at least has some decent level of security, and also, test intensively for exploits and cheats.

Then again people will say: “They are a small company.” And since when they are on market?
They aren’t new on this business it seem…
Took from IMC Games website. (Scroll down to the bottom of the page)

My point is, they are neglecting too many important parts, I know the game still in the making, but they put it on a Release stage even tho the game state seem more like on an Alpha stage.
And we get many issues due to carelessness from their part.

In all honesty, it feels like a downhill since the release. I’m just not satisfied with the way they are treating all of this situation.

1 Like

Oopsie, I missed that on the right side, my bad xD

Map rollback preventing teleports, server-side checks for previous cheats, user disconnection when something goes wrong.

It’s pretty simple, really, and won’t catch current cheats we have. But they do prevent old/obvious stuff.

Nope. I mean some things like… uh, let’s say you can “attach” a rule enforcer to certain events which would cross information from events and actively prevents unexpected abuse.

I’m not sure if they’re a good practice or not nor if it would have good performance.

But, for example: The old seed event could have a rule set like, only one reward per character allowed on X thing that would be easy to write while the rule enforcer would be generic and work on logs and events/signals instead of on every instance of that code, technically allowing you to have a watchdog-like system for cheats. Not sure if this is a good practice at all, might not be.

But there are other things. Like, defining items with a new event flag or only-once flag that prevents having duplicates or stuff like this.

But sure, new rules on testing would be nice as well!

My main issue when talking about ToS security is that addons are working, technically, on a security breach that should not exist in the first place. The devs allows us to use it because it’s useful for the player and most of time harmless. (Not talking about in-game exploits here.)

So it’s not like the game has many security flaws. The main issue here is like… only a huge one. It’s like a place with well decent surveillance but people can jump inside from a small fence right on its blind spot.

But dealing with this huge security flaw have many consequences :x - and not like they’re dealing with normal system changes, automation and etc to cheat. Most, if not all, current cheats are based on this single flaw, in many ways.

1 Like

At this point it feels more like they let it like that so we could fix some minor stuff (like I mentioned the craft queue issue).

But let’s leave it at this, we already derailed the thread more than enough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.