Tree of Savior Forum

Monster Freeze Chance - WHO THE F*CK SET THE NUMBERS?! (I'm not actually angry, Just emotive :3)

Seriously, WTF is wrong with the person who thought it was a good idea to fill one map (Main Chamber) with UNALTERED cryo abilities? I literally watched as a bunch of tiny spinning rock a-hole and some Dawn Maidens freeze lock my 20k hp Barb in place, they then proceeded to take turns F*CKING him, Every which way to Orsha. I relish the next hour while i try and finish the story quest, Knowing full well that its going to be a massive waste of time.

Assuming you aren’t a snowflake triggered by Bombast and have made it to this point, I would like to suggest tweaking the numbers mobs have of inflicting status ailments like frozen that can be stacked infinity on a target, That or introduce Stat based Ailment/De-Buff resistances (LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO, EVER)

Sincerely,

A cold and sore Barbarian.

1 Like

git gud or go home

3 Likes

There is a stat that increases your resistance to this kind of ailment, it’s SPR.
Also you can buy Dispellers in AH, from Pardoner classes, to cure yourself from those.

Yelling and complaining that it is stupid and badly thought when there are ways to fight those ailments is just ridiculous. It also makes the game more interesting anyway, to have to go to them one by one, to have mobs that can actually hurt you.

I feel your pain. Also went through that as a Barbarian, Monk and Rodelero(which I also lovingly remember the moment when I found out that I can still be frozen even if I use slithering).

But, as others have said, dispellers are there for a reason, and you can also just stay back for a few seconds the moment you see them casting Ice Pike, as it has a pretty long window for reaction. There’s also the option for stunning them to cancel their cast entirely(I think).

1 Like

Snowflake :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve been playing since early access but I’ve been solo and just getting all my stuff from the market board, Thanks for the heads up on Dispellers, I’m hella noob sometimes lol

Chuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr buddy, Love your werk <3

SPR (Spirit)[edit]
Increases max SP pool by 13.
Increases SP recovery rate by 1.
Increases block penetration by 1.
Increases magic defense by 0.2.
Note: SPR increases the potency of several buffs, debuffs and healing skills, making it a useful stat for support oriented Cleric classes.
Unconfirmed: SPR raises natural resistance to status effects Source

Outed from the Wiki, Seriously thanks for telling me about Dispellers, Unfortunately SPR isn’t a big part of my build, but ill look into it, Again, Cheers :smiley:

SPR in Relation to Resistance

According to this you need a lot of SPR to cover the stats effectively though, Hopefully its just conjecture and maybe (hopefully) you dont need to invest as heavily for it work, but hey

‘Unconfirmed: SPR raises natural resistance to status effects Source’

If this mean tiles that provide any debuff like deprotect zone / cure, it is possible to resist.

I feel you man. Hahaha. I heard it’s much worse from another set of mobs at later levels.

As another swordsman (Cata) I was able to breeze through that map by wearing 2 x glass bracelets and a cloth set I got from quests. Everything’s just doing 1 damage to me so being frozen is kinda just like a slight annoyance.

You do need a lot, but I’m not sure this graph is correct. With a little over 100 SPR, I resist them more often than just 35-40%. Just go full SPR, live the dream.
But yeah, seriously, Dispellers are your friends.

But yeah, once, in a quest that spawned lots of mobs, my friend was totally chained and locked in constant freezing state, but thanks to my SPR I was fine and could protect him/kill the mobs of the quest.

And yes, I’m a total pretty snowflake, thank you for noticing :blush: