Tree of Savior Forum

[Monk] I have arrived!

So today I finally hit that sweet spot and turned monk. I was so hyped to finally play the class i was building towords.

My personal thoughts so far:

-Double Punch is sweet. The damage is really nice and it boosts up my DPS a lot. However, the range on it is shorter then the normal auto-attack so if you dont position yourself against a mob, it misses the Double Punch. Also the stamina runs out really fast.

-Palm Strike and Hand Strike, I have these on lvl 1 still so keep that in mind. The damage seems rather underwhelming. It does a 800-1500 Damage on monsters that have much, much more then that, so it feels like i’m just poking them. But this is hopefully because the skill-lvl is still low.

Also, the pushback/knockup on those abillity’s dont seem to fit the actual playstyle of the monk. I want my mobs to stay grouped and close together for my double punch so whenever I choose to use my other damage abillity’s they completely mess up my mobs.

For now, I don’t know what to think. Being a little disapointed, but hoping it will pick up soon enough.

Hard to offer you any advice when I don’t know what classes you got before monk…

Get the Plate Mastery attribute and equip plate armor to increase STA

After playing around a bit more with the class, it seems that it needs a certain… feel? Once I got used to using the Double Punch skill effectively while switching out my weapons when needed the DPS was going crazy high.

Still did not found a use for the 2 other skills, does anyone feel the same way?

Well, supposedly, Palm Strike and Hand Knife are supposedly used for its extra effects, Bleeding and Armor Break so I wouldn’t expect it to deal good dmg to begin with.

If you’re that kind of person who’d gather a cluster of mobs in a room and drag them to a corner to deny those filthy wizards or those barbarians, then you’d appreciate the knockback of palm strike and hand knife.

Not to mention that the mooks who got the bleeding effect are good as dead.

Also remember to do the quests that give you a stamina increase, I just hit monk myself and I’m running 51 stamina atm.

@Huerin Which quest is that? I must have missed it, that sounds amazing!

The other skills would be best used in pvp i’m sure. The bleed/armor break and long CC seems like just the thing u would want in pvp.

@martonvb, what quest are you talking about?

@Huerin Sorry, I tagged the wrong person! I ment @Seratin. Apologies for the confusion!

There’s two I’ve done so far @martonvb , there’s an old forum post here.

That’ll show you where two of them are, note with the lindt one you have to sit and talk to him after finishing the quests.

Seratin has posted the link.

But do take note the link is outdated. One quest will require to travel a lot just to meet all the masters.

The damage of the strikes themselves will always seem underwhelming. Single hit attack skills are just not great (which is why barbs were so poorly considered in KToS and recently received some major buffs), even if the cooldowns are reasonable. Even with them maxed, the majority of your damage will come from double punch.

I recommend that you pick up the attributes (bleeding, armor break) on these and leave them at 1, but it’s your call.

Uh. . . That’s some really low damage.

if you think monk is bad, see ow sadhu is doing right now. priest is better than sadhu, not lying, every sadhu would agree with that statement. priest dps > sadhu dps